Richard Sherman: Punt Returner (per Seahawks.com)

jake206

Reaction score
As much as I like Sherman as CB, he won't be the punt returner. It'll be some WR draftee. Someone like Brandon Cooks.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3l537ffz said:
Largent80":3l537ffz said:
NO I don't need an injured Sherm.
Returning punts is not a risky business.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2011/09 ... educe.html

Injuryratebyyear

What about Kam and Percy who both had ailing hips and still contribute in the most physical plays?
They play on different sides off the ball but both are potentially in on the top 3 riskiest plays for injury (running plays, passing plays AND kickoffs)?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ruppxhr said:
Basis4day":3ruppxhr said:
I hope everyone here is not actually advocating for this scenario and is simply bored during the off-season.

Reminds me of last season when quite a few posters were advocating for Thomas to be our slot corner or moving Kam to LB (Despite, you know, being All-Pro or Pro-Bowl at their respective positions at the time). Even then, if you're REALLY going to entertain the idea of one of the Big 3 of the LOB returning punts, go with Thomas. He could actually be really good at it and i hope to never find out.
You are comparing two completely different things; this is NOTHING like the ridiculous assertion that we should put Earl at CB. Nobody's talking about changing Sherman's job, we're talking about adding a small duty on top of it that doesn't affect what he currently does.

Come on, man.

But But But you are talking about the Legion of BOOOM. There are gonna be a LOT more punts in the Future. Methinks...

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Seafan

Reaction score
Kenny Easley got seriously cheap shot on a PR and they never let him return again. You don't let one of your best defensive players return punts.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":324ifihx said:
CANHawk":324ifihx said:
Sherm would probably do great, but i'd like to see CMike returning punts if for no other reason than to get him some real game reps.
I hope they try it in preseason to see if that's a good option.

I've been yearning (yearning I tell you!) to see C-Mike get the ball in open space. He's still such a mystery, so it could go either way, but if he's as electric as we think he could be.... him on PR and Percy on KR....

We're talking highlight reels for years, son!

go hawks

lucky49

Reaction score
you guys should have russel wilson returning punts and it would totally blow nfl network's mind

two dog

Reaction score
E.T. man. He's tough, quick, shifty and he can motor. Bet he would like to do it too.

Steve Largent was the outside man on kickoffs. Lots of people don't know that but,
cross my heart, he did it all the time. Talk about risking the franchise.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
you guys don't think opponents wouldn't take the opportunity to cheap shot Sherm?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1s1k64gp said:
I'd love to see Sherman returning punts.

As much as Sherman might be good at returning punts, I don't want the #1 corner in the league in jeopardy of getting hurt.......especially in 2014 with our defensive backfield being thinner than in 2013.

Perfundle

Reaction score
brimsalabim":bxydzx58 said:
you guys don't think opponents wouldn't take the opportunity to cheap shot Sherm?
You don't think opponents weren't already getting the chance to cheap shot Tate or Harvin? And yet, that never happened.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3teux64s said:
I'd like to see that broken down per play, considering there are far fewer punts than run/pass plays
Why? That would give you no additional information. It's a percentage graph...