Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' rep of reporter

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There are reasons Jim Rice and Eddie Murray didn't talk to the press most of their careers,
It's putz's like Jim Moore.

Sports reporters are some of the lowest forms of life.

Charles Barkley had a money quote on it....

"There are a lot of stupid people on the world, and most of them are sports reporters!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cymatica":uf4zb4r7 said:
Moore had a great rrsponse on the radio: "i can ruin my career on my own, i don't need sherman's help"
Moore is proped up by O'Neil and Wyman. It might be a good show if it were just those 2.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":idd081dg said:
cymatica":idd081dg said:
Moore had a great rrsponse on the radio: "i can ruin my career on my own, i don't need sherman's help"
Moore is proped up by O'Neil and Wyman. It might be a good show if it were just those 2.

Completely disagree. Moore is absolutely hilarious and makes that show. If i run into him at a bar i'm offering to pick up his tab.

If anything O'Neil is the weak link.

byau

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Jim, this is taking things too far. First is the questionable criticism of the offense, criticized by many that he needs to stay to the defense, at least publicly. And now this

Not what I expect from him

He's losing it

byau

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/811379227203289088[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/811379401128484864[/tweet]

Nice to see he came to his senses.

drrew

Reaction score
Love Sherman, can't really stand Moore....and Sherman is completely out of line.

First Sherman did not say he would "ruin his rep", he said he would "ruin his career". That's Sherman being an asshole with a capital A.

Second, something seems off with Sherman this season. We've now had a very public berating of a teammate a very public berating of a coach and now this asinine response to a reporter. A player threatening to withhold a media credential is not only juvenile, it's also idiotic because Sherman would very quickly find out he's not as important as he thinks he is.

I'm hoping that Sherman has an uber successful, and nice quiet end to the season and run through the playoffs. I'm worried he's going to blow up again and one of these times there will be real negative consequences.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not a fan of Sherman here and I usually agree with his takes but he was being a baby and looked foolish. Good for him to admit the mistake though and move on.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Am I a bad person if I dont care? I just want to watch him chase footballs and I dont listen to Moore's show.

Seymour

Reaction score
northseahawk":2rn94o4g said:
I wonder what he means by "pete said I dont control, credentials"?

It means he cant kill a reporter as he threatened. They must not have taught that and Stanford.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Basis4day":1kphubdy said:
This might be the first time that Sherman did something that legitimately bothered me.

I love Jim Moore.
Wow, tough crowd. Jim Moore is great! Seems like we're the only ones in the house who like him. I think Danny, Dave, and Moore is hands down the best show on 710, and like you said earlier, Moore makes the show.

I really think Sherm blew this whole thing out of proportion, although I'm glad this Bevell thing isn't going away. He should be kicking road apples, and this may speed up the process. How many times have we seen him actually go to a game plan that works, but ditches it promptly. Sherm sees what we see. Bevell it's a major problem.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Moore has went after Doug Baldwin in the past as well as Sherman, knowing these guys are friends and also both fiery I can only guess that there is a bit of disdain for him.

Oh and he also talked down the Legion of Boom, all Sherman buttons.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Sherman lost his cool and shouldn't have threatened the journalist but why was he still asking about that incident last week? After Pete and Sherman had a talk, the matter should be closed. Why stirred shiet up?

chris98251

Reaction score
Aw Mang":1zypdp9k said:
Sherman lost his cool and shouldn't have threatened the journalist but why was he still asking about that incident last week? After Pete and Sherman had a talk, the matter should be closed. Why stirred shiet up?

He's a (laughingly called) a reporter, and mostly a shock jock type on the radio, it is what he does, stirring the pot.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure Jim Moore makes a great drunk uncle for somebody, I'd probably enjoy having a beer with the guy, but he's a shit sports reporter.

Sent from my spare phone by the toilet using Tapatalk

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sherman was way out of line here...at the same time...Sherman got soft for about 2 years...

I'm glad angry Sherm is back.. I'd like to bring back Angry Doug Baldwin as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I can't take credit for this, but did ...

Pete just throw a flag on Sherm for 'pass' interference?

byau

Reaction score
One thing I can think of is the stress of being a dad. With my first kid I worked really hard to help my wife out as much as possible which was quite stressful with how demanding my job was. And with the lack of sleep while I still performed at my job (and as a dad) pretty well (I would say so) I noticed my patience was a lot more shorter than normal (still is) and also sometimes my brain would go kinda whacky (still does)