Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' rep of reporter

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Jim Moore, so I'm glad one of the athletes stood up to his BS.

He's been condescending towards, and developed hostility with Marshawn Lynch, Gary Payton, and Doug Baldwin before Sherm... guys who a lot of people like and are able to carry good relationships with.

Heck, during the same presser today, compare the way Danny O'neil was able to ask questions without being condescending or looking for a reaction.

The locker room as whole is probably pretty pissed with Moore for laughing at an unconscious Jon Ryan; so they're not interested in his BS anymore and are sticking up for each other.

From Ryan's Fiance (wife?), this would not go over well with the players:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sarahcolonna/status/811435937326469120[/tweet]

He comes across as a guy that should be on East Coast radio and probably wants the nickname Mad Dog in the Morning or something. That show would be better without him; Danny has the insight from his cordial relationships with the players, and Wyman brings the football knowledge of a former player, I'm not sure that Moore brings anything aside from being a grumpy curmudgeon.

knownone

Reaction score
Sherman's been acting like a spoiled child for years, this is just the first time it's been directed at someone locally rather than the mainstream media. Sherman told Skip Bayles he was "better at life" which I think most of us assumed was trolling, but you have to wonder if that's just who Sherman is. I mean, he ranted about Roger Goodell having too much power, and when Richard himself receives criticism or is questioned for his antics he threatens to use his power to take away someone's media credentials... So It's fine so long as you're not the one being criticized? Imagine if Goodell threatened to suspend Sherman every time he said something negative about the NFL...

Look, I like Sherman, but you can't defend this... If Richard wants to talk about "strategy" and not own the fact that his outburst was wrong, fine, but don't take it out on the media for asking a question... when you can literally say "no comment", especially when you use the media to get your message out about your feelings on the NFL, about politics, and a whole host of other issues. It detracts from Sherman's abilities, and it takes away from the Seahawks who just won the NFC West title.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Thought Sherman was out of line with his comments toward Moore initially. Now I'm kinda rethinking that position.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cougsgo/status/809630365065179136[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cougsgo/status/809627916992552960[/tweet]

What a douche.

86Hawk

Reaction score
I think sherm was out of line but Moore has a past history of pissing off athletes.

I remember back in the 90's he and Gary Payton got into it. Gary Payton spent the night in the hospital for personal reasons and Jim Moore shows up and basically picks a fight with him because GP said it was a personal issue.

Google it.

Jim Moore is a clown.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Here's the quote, from another reporter:

"told Sherman that he didn't understand that Bevell is trying to call plays he thinks will work but that Sherman thinks he has a 'better handle' of what should be called.

So, first off....where's the question ? He's not asking Sherman anything, he's basically telling him he's wrong. That's in a reporter's job description now ?

When you say something that's inflammatory and insulting, you should expect something like this especially when it's a known sore subject and was already answered.

It's obvious Moore was trolling for a big reaction to get his name out there more. Similar to Erin after the NFCCG where Sherm made his famous "I'm the best" rant. Digging deeper into that story, Erin observed Sherman talking to a Latin reporter and getting riled up, so she jumped in right after that and asked a few questions knowing he would blow up. Look at her face, she wasn't surprised the least bit.

The parallels are obvious if you actually look farther than "Oh jeez, Sherm on another rant".

Sherman was then the bigger person and apologized, then followed it up with some self deprecating humor.

soje

Reaction score
Laloosh":3d0op4a5 said:
Am I a bad person if I dont care? I just want to watch him chase footballs and I dont listen to Moore's show.

I don't care that much either. Sherman is a Seahawk and as long as he doesn't cross a line (felony, I guess?) I will support him.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
soje":mi0v2jyb said:
Laloosh":mi0v2jyb said:
Am I a bad person if I dont care? I just want to watch him chase footballs and I dont listen to Moore's show.

I don't care that much either. Sherman is a Seahawk and as long as he doesn't cross a line (felony, I guess?) I will support him.

make that 3 of us. Some of the posters in here have bigger hurt feelings than the people involved...Sherm broke some hearts in this forum today, Idk how many times I read I was such a Sherm supporter but not now... ...well here's a message those broken hearts need today, from a disney princess to guys acting like princesses

[youtube]moSFlvxnbgk[/youtube]

ballard1951

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Sherman, and very disappointed. His columns are always worth reading, and his press conferences are fun and interesting to listen to. He has shown some stupid behavior on the field as well this season too, so something is obviously wrong with him.

Rob12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3u4kxa3s said:
Kennedyin92":3u4kxa3s said:
Moore may well be an "assclown," but Sherman sounds like a member of the Mafia by saying that he will "ruin him."
There is no "maybe" about it.

Moore earned Sherman's rath IMHO.

Not like that. If you don't like the question, ignore it and move on.

He's hurting the team, IMO.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
I hope Sherm becomes a gigantic prick again and everyone starts hating him but he just kills it on the field like in 2013. :2thumbs: that's the Sherm I want back. All trash talk, attitude, bravado and RESULTS.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":cm0qtgtr said:
Thought Sherman was out of line with his comments toward Moore initially. Now I'm kinda rethinking that position.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cougsgo/status/809630365065179136[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cougsgo/status/809627916992552960[/tweet]

What a douche.

I couldn't stop laughing at that play. Made a thread about it too in the Gameday forum. Most people were reacting the same

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Jim who? U mad bro? GTFOH. You're all a bunch of ninnies. Sherm should have slapped that dude.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jv19r05 said:
Sports reporters are some of the lowest forms of life.

The vast majority of sports reporters are just good people trying to make a living. They've usually worked very hard to get into a line of work that is highly competitive -- given you essentially get to watch loads of sport all the time. From experience I can tell you it's also a job that comes with a lot of the grief pro-athletes receive (social media abuse etc) without the financial compensation :)

uncle fester

Reaction score
I can let most things go that Sherman has said. This one seems a bit childish though.

I doubt he's feeling too clever about it, but he's got more important things to think about. I also doubt the reporter is mortally offended either. Time to move on.

erik2690

Reaction score
HawkGANG":nh67q26p said:
I hope Sherm becomes a gigantic prick again and everyone starts hating him but he just kills it on the field like in 2013. :2thumbs: that's the Sherm I want back. All trash talk, attitude, bravado and RESULTS.

I'd love if this somehow works out smooth like you seem to be indicating, but this feels far different to me. This stuff almost feels more sullen and defeatist in some ways than antagonistic and braggadocios. Maybe I'm not articulating it well, but this feels different. This isn't 'try me, you'll lose' trash talk to opponents.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1xfo09ol said:
Sports Hernia":1xfo09ol said:

The vast majority of sports reporters are just good people trying to make a living. They've usually worked very hard to get into a line of work that is highly competitive -- given you essentially get to watch loads of sport all the time. From experience I can tell you it's also a job that comes with a lot of the grief pro-athletes receive (social media abuse etc) without the financial compensation :)
Well you are entitled to your opinion, I disagree.
They are mostly bottom feeders IMHO.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkGANG":s3rs2fcq said:
I agree. If this was pro wrestling, Sherman's been a baby face the last few years and it's not his style. He needs to make a big heel turn to get some heat and make a run for the championship.

IN A STEEL CAGE!! oooooh yeah..... DIG IT!

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ulj4zaf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2ulj4zaf said:
Sports Hernia":2ulj4zaf said:

Well you are entitled to your opinion, I disagree.
They are mostly bottom feeders IMHO.
SOME are bottom feeders, but there are bottom feeders in every industry. Your industry has bottom feeders, I KNOW mine does. English is a professional journalist and he's a 100% stand up good dude.

I know what you're saying, in this age of click-bait journalism there's a lot more bottom feeders than there used to be, but that's a pretty wide brush you're swinging around...

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad to hear he apologized to Moore. Don't agree at all with how Sherm acted, though Moore did sound pretty dewshy w/his comment. I don't know, as much I love Sherm, he just seems like he's angry every press conference and/or playing the victim a lot. Maybe it's time for him to take a couple weeks off from the media and just focus on getting another Lombardi.