Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' rep of reporter

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Last season Sherman kept rather quiet, yet still kept making big time plays on the field. I missed the boisterous Sherman with the bravado, getting into receivers heads and faces. That's what got him his recognition and name to go along with his play. I feel like he saw himself on TV after the championship game or somebody sat him down and encouraged him to tone it down a bit and let your play talk. Then, this season the wheels have sort of fallen off. Really when I think about it the whole skip Bayless thing a few years ago to me was just as juvenile as his antics recently! "I'm better at life than you"? Come on that's lame, but we all thought it was funny. Well this season the antics are growing old, it's a Sherman rant every week it seems. Why? Regression, homelife, something in the locker room, being reminded of the SB play non-stop, feeling like the window is closing and knowing he was a Lynch run away from 2 titles, conflict with coaches? What is it?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He hasn't been right since that talking elephant gave him a concussion.

McGruff

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":15gxn3ts said:
Last season Sherman kept rather quiet, yet still kept making big time plays on the field. I missed the boisterous Sherman with the bravado, getting into receivers heads and faces. That's what got him his recognition and name to go along with his play. I feel like he saw himself on TV after the championship game or somebody sat him down and encouraged him to tone it down a bit and let your play talk. Then, this season the wheels have sort of fallen off. Really when I think about it the whole skip Bayless thing a few years ago to me was just as juvenile as his antics recently! "I'm better at life than you"? Come on that's lame, but we all thought it was funny. Well this season the antics are growing old, it's a Sherman rant every week it seems. Why? Regression, homelife, something in the locker room, being reminded of the SB play non-stop, feeling like the window is closing and knowing he was a Lynch run away from 2 titles, conflict with coaches? What is it?

See this has me thinking.

Sherman is a smart guy. Brilliant actually. And after the fact it was revealed that it was a calculated effort on his part to get the national media to pay attention to Seattle. It was marketing strate to push the buttons of the press.

Later it came out that the same was true of his antics toward opposing pkayers. He was trying to get into theIR heads. It was all calculated to elicit a response.

I think this is more of the same. I think Sherman is playing minds games with his offensive teammates to motivate them. To piss them off enough to get tough. I think this is purely psychological by Sherman.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I love what Moore did. Sherman was acting like a douche with his evasive, you can't understand me, we have respect so we can disrespect each other bullshit and Moore called him on it. Love Sherman on the field and mostly off, but the whole press conference was a dickish move. Worthy of some other Super Heroes on some other teams. I don't care how much respect I have for my colleagues I would never scream at them or allow them to scream at me. It's a ridiculous premise that it's ok because we have so much respect. The idea that a team can't call a pass play of any type from any where on the field because once or even more times, it didn't work out, is also ridiculous. And anyone who thinks handing the ball off guarantees us a Super Bowl victory is living in a fantasy.

McGruff

Reaction score
And Sherman doesn't hate the media.

He's a flipping communication major!

He doesn't hate the media. He IS the media. And he knows how to use the media.

djb28

Reaction score
Jim Moore is a scumbag. Most media play people as they try to bait them in to saying things and getting them out of character. The media will and try to ruin you anyway they can. I should care that Sherman said he would ruin him. Please. could care less. Lets go win a Super Bowl.

capncrunch

Reaction score
StoneCold":2yn0tsjq said:
I love what Moore did. Sherman was acting like a douche with his evasive, you can't understand me, we have respect so we can disrespect each other bullshit and Moore called him on it. Love Sherman on the field and mostly off, but the whole press conference was a dickish move. Worthy of some other Super Heroes on some other teams. I don't care how much respect I have for my colleagues I would never scream at them or allow them to scream at me. It's a ridiculous premise that it's ok because we have so much respect. The idea that a team can't call a pass play of any type from any where on the field because once or even more times, it didn't work out, is also ridiculous. And anyone who thinks handing the ball off guarantees us a Super Bowl victory is living in a fantasy.

Good point. Sherman probably keeps his cool with reporters going forward I think. This blows over. I am more concerned with the during the game crap. Hopefully he cuts that out. I think we'll see some good play from him down the stretch. Keep the anger on the field where it is useful. Catch a friggin interception if it is right in your hands. The media have rights too. They can ask questions. It's not that big of a deal to field their questions if you're going to hold press conferences and criticize everybody in the NFL. Hmm. Maybe I'm wrong. Let me run this past Crabtree.

Boycie

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":scdxoo8l said:
cymatica":scdxoo8l said:
Moore had a great rrsponse on the radio: "i can ruin my career on my own, i don't need sherman's help"
Moore is proped up by O'Neil and Wyman. It might be a good show if it were just those 2.

In my opinion, Wyman is the best one out of all of them on 710, with Brock a close second.

canfan

Reaction score
Hubris at its finest. This is the result when you get an entitled athlete who would rather go through 15 minutes of verbal gymnastics than just say that he got emotional and acted improperly in the heat of the moment. Then add an intelligent, underachieving reporter in Moore, whose only real talent is his ability to take passive aggressive behavior to whole new level, and you get a shit show.

Sherman should bring it down a notch and stop thinking he can control every situation, and Moore should try to live his life by the standards he attempts to impose upon others but is too intellectually lazy to live by himself. I don't anticipate either of these things will happen though.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I'm one of the Niner fans that come on here. I've always been envious that you have Richard Sherman. But never never I have seen Richard sound so dam Stupid . Like he never attended a day at Stanford. I mean who says that stuff, il ruin your career over credentials? I mean he just embarrassed himself so bad il bet anything the guys in the locker room will tease him about this until the day he retires and probably goes to the hall of fame. Oh Richard

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No more press conferences every week for him. Carroll has the power to make that happen. Sherm clearly thinks he can do or say anything he wants, and at some point, it's just the same old crap with him over and over again.
We get it, you hate the refs, you have never been wrong about anything, you are now an O Coordinator and you think you can ruin someone's career.
Ok, great. How about doing the right thing and playing football and boycott the media. Then you're in control. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Moore might be an instigator, but he has a right to ask a question. God forbid a media member asks a stupid question, because that NEVER happens. Sherm acted like a 5 year old in this situation. And I'm a huge Sherm fan.

StoneCold

Reaction score
canfan":2clhx4ke said:
Hubris at its finest. This is the result when you get an entitled athlete who would rather go through 15 minutes of verbal gymnastics than just say that he got emotional and acted improperly in the heat of the moment. Then add an intelligent, underachieving reporter in Moore, whose only real talent is his ability to take passive aggressive behavior to whole new level, and you get a shit show.

Sherman should bring it down a notch and stop thinking he can control every situation, and Moore should try to live his life by the standards he attempts to impose upon others but is too intellectually lazy to live by himself. I don't anticipate either of these things will happen though.

One of the things I like about Moore is he's honest. He'd be the first person to agree with you that he's intellectually lazy. He can also be a feisty, curmudgeonly old fart.

cymatica

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2qcju910 said:
I hope Sherm becomes a gigantic prick again and everyone starts hating him but he just kills it on the field like in 2013. :2thumbs: that's the Sherm I want back. All trash talk, attitude, bravado and RESULTS.

That Sherman was great, but he would trash other players and get in their heads. Now he seems like an entitled brat. The complaining about Thursday games just makes him look ridiculous, bad image for the team too. This incident just made it worse. Then he justifies it by saying he is an nfl villain.

Seafan

Reaction score
Sherman is lucky he plays in Seattle where the media are tame. He deserves scrutiny for all the stupid things he says.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CANHawk":2tbky3jj said:
Sports Hernia":2tbky3jj said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2tbky3jj said:
Sports Hernia":2tbky3jj said:
Sports reporters are some of the lowest forms of life.

The vast majority of sports reporters are just good people trying to make a living. They've usually worked very hard to get into a line of work that is highly competitive -- given you essentially get to watch loads of sport all the time. From experience I can tell you it's also a job that comes with a lot of the grief pro-athletes receive (social media abuse etc) without the financial compensation :)
Well you are entitled to your opinion, I disagree.
They are mostly bottom feeders IMHO.
SOME are bottom feeders, but there are bottom feeders in every industry. Your industry has bottom feeders, I KNOW mine does. English is a professional journalist and he's a 100% stand up good dude.

I know what you're saying, in this age of click-bait journalism there's a lot more bottom feeders than there used to be, but that's a pretty wide brush you're swinging around...

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk
My shot was at Jim Moore and his ilk, not English. That should have been pretty clear. Yes, my "industry" has a TON of bottom feeders, I work with/for them, whether I like it or not.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Jim Moore is the least prepared journalist in this city. He brings nothing more than the opinion of a guy in a bar. His constant WSU whining grew thin years ago. I can't listen to the guy and wouldn't miss him if he left.

That said.

Sherman needs to be better than this. His lack of self control is wearing thin as well.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":2vl9evgr said:
I'm one of the Niner fans that come on here. I've always been envious that you have Richard Sherman. But never never I have seen Richard sound so dam Stupid . Like he never attended a day at Stanford. I mean who says that stuff, il ruin your career over credentials? I mean he just embarrassed himself so bad il bet anything the guys in the locker room will tease him about this until the day he retires and probably goes to the hall of fame. Oh Richard

I can't agree with you more. In fact, I'm starting to think that Sherm is not as intelligent as people all around think. An intelligent person doesn't act like he did yesterday. Even if you think you're so good, smart and powerful, if you're clever you don't "show off" this way ...

And I'm also a big Sherm fan (if he continues like this I'll have to start saying "was").

Latest posts