Richard Sherman threatens to 'ruin' rep of reporter

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, he's very intelligent. He just has become a guy who think he's better than most and can't go one press conference w/out whining about something. He loved the attention. Some of it is calculated, now he's just borderline out of control.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mzktiwh said:
No, he's very intelligent. He just has become a guy who think he's better than most and can't go one press conference w/out whining about something. He loved the attention. Some of it is calculated, now he's just borderline out of control.

That's exactly why I was saying that ... if you embarrass yourself this way, you're not so smart ... be a little more "subtle" ...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's more likely that he flat out doesn't care. And is so stubborn, he has to find a reason to complain, over and over and over again. I didn't mind it, but this year it's just getting childish and corny. And I'm not sure how it helps the team at all.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":bkfwy84v said:
It's more likely that he flat out doesn't care. And is so stubborn, he has to find a reason to complain, over and over and over again. I didn't mind it, but this year it's just getting childish and corny. And I'm not sure how it helps the team at all.

And according to Sherm it doesn't matter. "A wolf does not concern himself with the opinion of sheep".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21y43a8w said:

Summed it up perfectly.

My hope is Sherman has apologized to Bevell and Pete in person, and just doesn't think he needs to tell that to the media.

It's obvious Sherman has contempt for the media, so it'd make sense that his pride won't allow him to look weak or contrite to the public.

The good news I expect one fired up Richard Sherman on Saturday.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36pt0bik said:
No doubt, he's going to have a damn good game on Saturday.

Unfortunately that is not what he needs IMO. He needs a major dose of humility. I'm hoping he falls flat onto his arrogant pouty face and single handedly loses us the 5th year scoring D title while still pulling off a W.

Somehow he needs to be brought down a notch, and it won't come from Pete.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
NFL is entertainment and Richard Sherman is an entertainer. Stage, cinema, sports. It's really all the same.

Who wants Bill Belichek-type press conferences?

I love Richard Sherman's persona. Love the bravado and attitude. So what if he thinks he's better than everyone else? He's not a cancer in the locker room. He brings an edge to a football team that desperately needs it this year IMO.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1o6kww2r said:
It's obvious Sherman has contempt for the media

This is why I don't really mind when people piss off the media....I'm with Sherman...the media is constantly trying to conjur up stories out of nothing, they take quotes out of context, write misleading headlines, etc. And they do this every week, consistently. IMO, that's all much worse than somebody threatening to ruin their career by having their pass revoked. In other words, if you're gonna piss people off, expect them to piss you off right back. Two wrongs don't make a right, but there is really no "right" to make out of the situation.

It's all just entertainment...the difference is that Sherman is providing real quality entertainment, whereas an article revolving around a new quote from Sherman about his altercation with Bevell is just plain garbage.

StoneCold

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2qt7w5z5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2qt7w5z5 said:

This is why I don't really mind when people piss off the media....I'm with Sherman...the media is constantly trying to conjur up stories out of nothing, they take quotes out of context, write misleading headlines, etc. And they do this every week, consistently. IMO, that's all much worse than somebody threatening to ruin their career by having their pass revoked. In other words, if you're gonna piss people off, expect them to piss you off right back. Two wrongs don't make a right, but there is really no "right" to make out of the situation.

It's all just entertainment...the difference is that Sherman is providing real quality entertainment, whereas an article revolving around a new quote from Sherman about his altercation with Bevell is just plain garbage.

The article might be moore worthwhile if Sherman would just give a straight answer.

chris98251

Reaction score
I find it funny what some people define as journalism these days and reporting, most are just editorial takes on situations without collaboration, evidence and witnesses. Shock Value and clicks is the main stay, look at the titles of things posted to get clicks. All those sideline "reporters" worked real hard to be eye candy for the NFL, game day reporters being decked out in mini skirts work real hard also, where's the pants suit ? Men wear a shirt and tie with a sports coat.

Not all are in that category to be sure, you see it on local news broadcasts as well, women in skirts and taking over sports, weather, and serious stories, the senior women disappear or the males.

Sex gets viewers, whether it's the women wanting to watch because the women are doing broadcasts and it's considered break thru, or the men watching because well they are attractive. It sure isn't pure talent most the time.

Look at Pam Chewbacca Oliver, she broke thru and as she aged and got the plastic surgery's and then aged some more was replaced with younger prettier , found a way to get back with legal threats etc.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
StoneCold":1cjfg54t said:
fenderbender123":1cjfg54t said:
Sgt. Largent":1cjfg54t said:

The article might be moore worthwhile if Sherman would just give a straight answer.

I don't know...I see it as all garbage. What happened on the sideline? None of us know, and none of us will ever know. If Sherman tells the press something about it, then all we know then is just what Sherman happened to tell the press about it, which may not be true, and if it is true it probably isn't anywhere near the whole truth, so drawing any sort of meaningful conclusion out of it would be impossible.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":o6paq0jn said:
SpokaneHawks":o6paq0jn said:
Last season Sherman kept rather quiet, yet still kept making big time plays on the field. I missed the boisterous Sherman with the bravado, getting into receivers heads and faces. That's what got him his recognition and name to go along with his play. I feel like he saw himself on TV after the championship game or somebody sat him down and encouraged him to tone it down a bit and let your play talk. Then, this season the wheels have sort of fallen off. Really when I think about it the whole skip Bayless thing a few years ago to me was just as juvenile as his antics recently! "I'm better at life than you"? Come on that's lame, but we all thought it was funny. Well this season the antics are growing old, it's a Sherman rant every week it seems. Why? Regression, homelife, something in the locker room, being reminded of the SB play non-stop, feeling like the window is closing and knowing he was a Lynch run away from 2 titles, conflict with coaches? What is it?

See this has me thinking.

Sherman is a smart guy. Brilliant actually. And after the fact it was revealed that it was a calculated effort on his part to get the national media to pay attention to Seattle. It was marketing strate to push the buttons of the press.

Later it came out that the same was true of his antics toward opposing pkayers. He was trying to get into theIR heads. It was all calculated to elicit a response.

I think this is more of the same. I think Sherman is playing minds games with his offensive teammates to motivate them. To piss them off enough to get tough. I think this is purely psychological by Sherman.

That's a quality point. I didn't think about it from the angle that Sherman is poking the offense with a stick through the media.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33niq7aa said:
Moore might be an instigator, but he has a right to ask a question. God forbid a media member asks a stupid question, because that NEVER happens. Sherm acted like a 5 year old in this situation. And I'm a huge Sherm fan.

He has the right to ask the question, actually almost any question....so where's the question ? Another reporter basically said Moore told Sherm "you're wrong and Bevell is just doing what he thinks is best". That's stating an opinion not asking a question. If you're trying to antagonize someone, or get into a debate you're not always going to get a measured response especially when it's a hot topic and emotional subject.

Said reporter was obviously trolling Sherman. It's really easy to do with people that are very passionate about something. Trump trolled the media non stop on his way to the presidency and it got him free press and a ton of attention. Politics are a hot button and people get fired up about it in a hurry and don't think. See the parallel ?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Looks to me like he is still expanding his brand. Childish as it may seem, he is still polishing and refining his brand. After all in the entertainment field, life is short. And after all, he is only one step away from an acting or WWE career.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":13rllt1g said:
Looks to me like he is still expanding his brand. Childish as it may seem, he is still polishing and refining his brand. After all in the entertainment field, life is short. And after all, he is only one step away from an acting or WWE career.

Pretty sure "that career" was destroyed by Campbell's soup, The Seahulk, and The SuperHero's.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
knownone":1ceclsz5 said:
Sherman's been acting like a spoiled child for years, this is just the first time it's been directed at someone locally rather than the mainstream media. Sherman told Skip Bayles he was "better at life" which I think most of us assumed was trolling, but you have to wonder if that's just who Sherman is. I mean, he ranted about Roger Goodell having too much power, and when Richard himself receives criticism or is questioned for his antics he threatens to use his power to take away someone's media credentials... So It's fine so long as you're not the one being criticized? Imagine if Goodell threatened to suspend Sherman every time he said something negative about the NFL...

Look, I like Sherman, but you can't defend this... If Richard wants to talk about "strategy" and not own the fact that his outburst was wrong, fine, but don't take it out on the media for asking a question... when you can literally say "no comment", especially when you use the media to get your message out about your feelings on the NFL, about politics, and a whole host of other issues. It detracts from Sherman's abilities, and it takes away from the Seahawks who just won the NFC West title.

That's a great point. If these athletes wanna be "real" and trash talk Goodell then they should be able to take criticism from those beneath them too. Otherwise they're just being a hypocrite.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't make it right for him to act like he did, and has many times this season. Enough is enough with this guy, and he's one of my favorite players.

Latest posts