Rob Staton on 710 MUST listen

LTH

Reaction score
This message is for Rob Stanton cause I know your reading this. Pick any one of the guys on this board for a debate. Toffee, Jville, sgt Largent, Agentdib, Indyhawk doesn't matter... anyone of them will smoke you like a cheap cigar...

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
This message is for Rob Stanton cause I know your reading this. Pick any one of the guys on this board for a debate. Toffee, Jville, sgt Largent, Agentdib, Indyhawk doesn't matter... anyone of them will smoke you like a cheap cigar...
He won't, he takes his ball and goes home when he has to confront on a level playing field.

LTH

Reaction score
He won't, he takes his ball and goes home when he has to confront on a level playing field.
You would be a good one to debate him...

but I think what Stanton did that pissed me off was the way he went after Top Billin. Not that I think Top Billin is the greatest but he has some good perspective and he takes some time to talk about our Seahawks. but it was the way he went after him that I thought was really arrogant and disrespectful And TB didnt deserve that...especially from someone like Staton.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You would be a good one to debate him...

but I think what Stanton did that pissed me off was the way he went after Top Billin. Not that I think Top Billin is the greatest but he has some good perspective and he takes some time to talk about our Seahawks. but it was the way he went after him that I thought was really arrogant and disrespectful And TB didnt deserve that...especially from someone like Staton.
Yeah, they went back and forth with each other.

It was pretty wild.

morgulon1

Reaction score
This is ideal in theory but I have doubts about whether a team can ever completely separate talent from need. It lined up for the Hawks to take a CB and slot WR because we also needed talent there. The value you get from drafting players only comes if you are playing them, and there are finite numbers of players needed at each position.

How hard did we really look at the tackles this year, after hitting on two rookies last year and having promising depth with Curhan and Forsythe?
Would we have still taken JSN if Eskridge had been a hit with 1000 yards out of the slot last season?
Could the Eagles have taken any QB prospect at #9 after paying Hurts this off-season?

There's been a clear path for each of the players the Hawks have drafted the last two seasons to see playing time. If we were really out there going pure BPA then it wouldn't line up that nicely and we would have seen things like OT Anton Harrison at 20, FS/DB Brian Branch at 37, WRZ Rashee Rice at 52, or OLB Nick Herbig at 123. Even the two RBs we drafted fit clear needs replacing Penny and Homer.
Well thought post. I think from time to time it's a combination of need/want but it's ultimately a gamble. All the "experts" have been in love with players ( you know who they are) yet we're still going to be surprised by some afterthought and disappointed in the can't miss dude.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority here but I honestly don't understand the Rob Staton hate. I enjoy his take on all things Seahawks, it's cerebral and very well researched. Sure, he has his own opinions, but that's no different than any other fan. To each their own, but I follow Rob and value his perspective on the Hawks.

GGotskill

Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority here but I honestly don't understand the Rob Staton hate. I enjoy his take on all things Seahawks, it's cerebral and very well researched.

Rob does great at draft coverage. Other aspects of the game he lacks a lot of context and understanding, compared to some of the more serious internet "analysts".

Sure, he has his own opinions, but that's no different than any other fan. To each their own, but I follow Rob and value his perspective on the Hawks.

I don't think his opinion is what gets him the hate, it's more about how he treats people who disagree with him.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes in this thread. Pettiness is not becoming of anyone.
Do you follow him?

It’s a fact that he doesn’t take folks disagreeing with him well, and when you make your opinions public as he has that’s part of the game. You mention “pettiness” and that’s probably mostly why people criticize him, not on their account but his.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Never heard of the guy until he was mentioned on this board. Listened to him a bit and I agree there are far more knowledgeable people on here than this guy. Like more than 20.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
These types of post and the one it quotes and this thread in general are what really have turned this forum from the A+ go to hawk site to what is today.

I used to love this forum. It's to bad the posting had gone downhil.

LTH

Reaction score
I'll have to think but at least it would have to be something fun not serious.
Lol I get it you would have me standing in front of lumen field on Sunday morning on opening day in a Rams jacket and in my underwear preaching about how the Seahawks suck and how the Rams are going to kick the Seahawks asses? You would do that to a fellow Seahawk fan? Lmao!!!

LTH

Last edited:

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
I just have to ask the question how do guys like Rob Staton get on the radio? IMO the guy is clueless. I really don't understand this.
Rob Staton is a treasure, and Seahawks fans are fortunate that he loves our team. He used to post here back in the good old days. Staton is a great journalist, knows the draft like no other, and is a fabulous radio presence (he does radio in England). Rob rocks.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
Pretty much says all you need to know on him.
He does have a blog where he doesn't accept people who disagree.
That's just not true. I have argued with him there for years. He allows people to disagree, and in return he will disagree with you if he doesn't agree with what you say. If you're very delicate and can't handle people vehemently disagreeing with you, he could hurt your feelings. But, like, it's a football blog. Toughen up.

LTH

Reaction score
Rob Staton is a treasure, and Seahawks fans are fortunate that he loves our team. He used to post here back in the good old days. Staton is a great journalist, knows the draft like no other, and is a fabulous radio presence (he does radio in England). Rob rocks.
You know who rocks from England? Matty F Brown. The guy has good insight, he is respectful, he understands the game... he is humble and he doesn't go around attacking everybody for attention. He doesn't need too. His knowledge of the game and insight do the work for him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You have to remember that many players have equivalent grades so there is rarely one BPA when your slot comes up. There are several players with similar grades and you often have to choose. That's where need comes in.

I think if your list of BPA's are all areas of zero need (rare situation) then you trade down.
I agree on both counts. It's nice to talk about going BPA in theory but in reality need is also an important consideration. Trading up or down is an excellent way to address both.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
You know who rocks from England? Matty F Brown. The guy has good insight, he is respectful, he understands the game... he is humble and he doesn't go around attacking everybody for attention. He doesn't need too. His knowledge of the game and insight do the work for him.
Rob doesn't attach people for attention. He made comments about clickbait YouTube creators and then responded when one of those clickbait types freaked out. Honestly, it was funny to watch him roast someone who deserved to be roasted.

Matty Brown is ok. He says some interesting stuff. He's a different personality type than Rob, that's true. He's kind of a meek guy and while I do find that refreshing in the football world, I don't mind listening to someone with confidence. I'm not bothered by someone having their own opinion. Like, I think that Top Billin is a clown, but I'm not offended by his bravado. I just think that he produces stupid content that has so much sustenance.

Latest posts