Rob Staton on 710 MUST listen

LTH

Reaction score
Rob doesn't attach people for attention. He made comments about clickbait YouTube creators and then responded when one of those clickbait types freaked out. Honestly, it was funny to watch him roast someone who deserved to be roasted.

Matty Brown is ok. He says some interesting stuff. He's a different personality type than Rob, that's true. He's kind of a meek guy and while I do find that refreshing in the football world, I don't mind listening to someone with confidence. I'm not bothered by someone having their own opinion. Like, I think that Top Billin is a clown, but I'm not offended by his bravado. I just think that he produces stupid content that has so much sustenance.
I don't see Matty Brown as being meek at all. He is humble there is a huge difference. When I stated he was humble I was referring to the fact that he doesn't attack people and he allows for people to have their opinion. He doesn't come off like he knows everything, that's not a lack of confidence that's realism.

I do not think Top Billin is a clown. He has his style and he brings good information about how a player might fit Seattle's scheme. It's not click bait.

Does Stanton go into detail about the game as either of these guys? Not even close... no way no how...

Wasn't to long ago Stanton was calling for a total rebuild of the Seattle coaching staff... now he has flipped and he is saying they Rock. He didnt understand what was going on with Wilson and Carroll...He doesn't know what he is talking about.... he just blows in the wind and arrogantly acts like he is the Seahawk guru.

I'm not trying to tell you who to listen to in fact I would suggest that you just come up with your own perspective. If you like Stanton you should listen to him I'm just calling him out to be what he is deserved to be a fraud.

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rob doesn't attach people for attention. He made comments about clickbait YouTube creators and then responded when one of those clickbait types freaked out. Honestly, it was funny to watch him roast someone who deserved to be roasted.

Matty Brown is ok. He says some interesting stuff. He's a different personality type than Rob, that's true. He's kind of a meek guy and while I do find that refreshing in the football world, I don't mind listening to someone with confidence. I'm not bothered by someone having their own opinion. Like, I think that Top Billin is a clown, but I'm not offended by his bravado. I just think that he produces stupid content that has so much sustenance.
Rob didn't know what he was seeing with Geno. For a long time. And he was loud enough about it that he had to unequivocally walk it back or it'd end his career.

Can't say the same about Top Billin, because he actually knew what he was seeing.

They're both clickbaity. Rob's titles and thumbnails are not any better.

Rob knows draft trends. That's his thing. He should stick to it, because he cannot keep up on Xs and Os.

Also, are we all just forgetting about how vocal he was about Russell Wilson's trade being the death knell for the franchise? It was a joke, lol.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Do you follow him?

It’s a fact that he doesn’t take folks disagreeing with him well, and when you make your opinions public as he has that’s part of the game. You mention “pettiness” and that’s probably mostly why people criticize him, not on their account but his.
Never saw it personally so sour grapes seems logical. I Just lurk though because Rob and his disagreeing people both have good points.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I agree on both counts. It's nice to talk about going BPA in theory but in reality need is also an important consideration. Trading up or down is an excellent way to address both.
As John said trading up or down in our spots wasn't possible because of Arizona and what Houston did.

Mick063

Reaction score
Put me down as a Top Billin fan. Never heard of Staton before. Also, someone clued me in about the ignore function. It was great advice and I wish I would have thought of it sooner. On another note, the two folks that I put on ignore didn't personally attack me. I can live with that. But if someone routinely hates on the coach or quarterback to the point to where you can set your watch by it, it just isn't worth reading anymore. Further, it settles me down a bit as well. Makes me a bit more tolerable. Probably prolongs my lifespan here.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Put me down as a Top Billin fan. Never heard of Staton before. Also, someone clued me in about the ignore function. It was great advice and I wish I would have thought of it sooner. On another note, the two folks that I put on ignore didn't personally attack me. I can live with that. But if someone routinely hates on the coach or quarterback to the point to where you can set your watch by it, it just isn't worth reading anymore. Further, it settles me down a bit as well. Makes me a bit more tolerable. Probably prolongs my lifespan here.
Excellent life is way too short to waste on petty people.

I'd much prefer to disagree with you if needed then be a factor of your death.😄

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lol I get it you would have me standing in front of lumen field on Sunday morning on opening day in a Rams jacket and in my underwear preaching about how the Seahawks suck and how the Rams are going to kick the Seahawks asses? You would do that to a fellow Seahawk fan? Lmao!!! We really screwed up when not taking Kelce.

LTH
Never <----> Seriously a fun bet because I'm in the epicenter of Chiefs Kingdom but understand Arrowhead isn't handicap friendly and highly priced because of Patrick Mahomes and 2 trophies in like 4 years?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This place is a shithole cesspool run by someone who allows right wing politics to be in places they don't belong but any dissenting opinion from someone who doesn't subscribe to that way of thinking is squashed. Rob runs a site that allows NO politics as a football site should be. As for his knowledge, it's quality and he won't bow to group think like so many here do.
That's my post in this dump for the year.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

Dwight D,. Eisenhower
REPUBLICAN, Commander in Chief of Allied Forces in WW II and President of the United States of America
Far be it from me to cheerlead, but if we're talking about which place is more lenient with dissenting opinions, I'd stay here rather than post on Kim Jong-Rob's blog any day.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
For those that criticize Rob for banning those that disagree with him, how much time have you really spent on his blog? I imagine extremely little. I've disagreed with him several times over the years, as have many others and, stunningly, we weren't banned. We simply parlayed respectfully. This happens all the time on his blog.

Sadly, there are these creatures online called trolls who aren't respectful and are extremely toxic. They can ruin the culture on a blog. They contribute next to nothing other than stupid acronyms like: "LMFAO", etc. There are a few examples here on .Net. Rob has no patience for these knuckle draggers and I, for one, am glad of it.

Rob is a BBC journalist whom happens to love the Seahawks. He isn't paid for all the excellent content he produces week after week and year after year. It's a labor of love. He's created a community of knowledgeable fans that show each other respect. Before you slander Rob and the blog maybe just lurk for a week and see for yourselves.

LTH

Reaction score
Never <----> Seriously a fun bet because I'm in the epicenter of Chiefs Kingdom but understand Arrowhead isn't handicap friendly and highly priced because of Patrick Mahomes and 2 trophies in like 4 years?
OK well it's going to be tough to make a bet because Lock isn't going to get playing time... but I assure you he has as much or more talent than Geno and he just needs to learn in a good system. Seattle is that system, I am convinced of that. That's what Carroll does is bring out the best in his players. The whole organization is geared around supporting these guys to be the very best , more than any other organization in the league.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
For those that criticize Rob for banning those that disagree with him, how much time have you really spent on his blog? I imagine extremely little. I've disagreed with him several times over the years, as have many others and, stunningly, we weren't banned. We simply parlayed respectfully. This happens all the time on his blog.

Sadly, there are these creatures online called trolls who aren't respectful and are extremely toxic. They can ruin the culture on a blog. They contribute next to nothing other than stupid acronyms like: "LMFAO", etc. There are a few examples here on .Net. Rob has no patience for these knuckle draggers and I, for one, am glad of it.

Rob is a BBC journalist whom happens to love the Seahawks. He isn't paid for all the excellent content he produces week after week and year after year. It's a labor of love. He's created a community of knowledgeable fans that show each other respect. Before you slander Rob and the blog maybe just lurk for a week and see for yourselves.
Bingo! Notice the posters complaining about Rob’s moderation of his personal blog are the ones you know came in talking shiit and full of themselves.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If there is a better source of well argumented information leading to the draft from Seahawks point of view than Staton’s blog, I'd like to hear about it? One doesn’t have to agree on everything he says to appreciate the amount of work he puts in and the attention on the insiders points he gathers.

I can see why he can be irritating to some but most of us can.

GGotskill

Reaction score
If there is a better source of well argumented information leading to the draft from Seahawks point of view than Staton’s blog, I'd like to hear about it?

I'd ague he's actually not that tuned into the Seahawks. Rob does a good job deep diving on the draft , but one of his biggest knocks is he doesn't really understand football. Hence why he has had such a hard time identifying where Seattle has been going.

One doesn’t have to agree on everything he says to appreciate the amount of work he puts in and the attention on the insiders points he gathers.

Not sure this has any bearing on whether or not he is actually good at what he does. Does he provide a lot of information? Sure. Is it more than surface level on any prospect? Not really.

I can see why he can be irritating to some but most of us can.

I don't think people find him irritating, at least that's not what people are complaining about. His interactions leave a lot to be desired, and he has a habit of shutting down anybody that disagrees with him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
OK well it's going to be tough to make a bet because Lock isn't going to get playing time... but I assure you he has as much or more talent than Geno and he just needs to learn in a good system. Seattle is that system, I am convinced of that. That's what Carroll does is bring out the best in his players. The whole organization is geared around supporting these guys to be the very best , more than any other organization in the league.

Whereas I'm convinced Lock is Jay Cutler. And I think that more than anything is why Geno will continue to start for a long time and Lock will be a career backup.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Whereas I'm convinced Lock is Jay Cutler. And I think that more than anything is why Geno will continue to start for a long time and Lock will be a career backup.

If Lock winds up being anywhere close to as good as Jay Cutler, that would be a win.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'd ague he's actually not that tuned into the Seahawks. Rob does a good job deep diving on the draft , but one of his biggest knocks is he doesn't really understand football. Hence why he has had such a hard time identifying where Seattle has been going.

Not sure this has any bearing on whether or not he is actually good at what he does. Does he provide a lot of information? Sure. Is it more than surface level on any prospect? Not really.

I don't think people find him irritating, at least that's not what people are complaining about. His interactions leave a lot to be desired, and he has a habit of shutting down anybody that disagrees with him.
So, no better sources to offer.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
From what I see you're the only one bring up politics on a football board. Most people on this site, and even the ones I disagree with. are really good people who love the Seahawks. So ya knowww... maybe you should consider showing a small bit of respect, especially because you claim to come from another site that shows respect? Hmmmm.... really, you're really not representing your board very well saying these fine Seahawk fans are a shit hole cesspool. I think you are without a doubt proving the point of this post, just saying... for the record. but hey thanks for stopping by and I hope you learn something about football and the Seahawks.

Staff edit:
Quoted post was deleted for political commentary.

Last edited by a moderator: