Rondy Rousey ... Cris Cyborg ... any comments?

253hawk

Reaction score
Depends on the person interpreting it, but that's not my problem. It can and does often apply to both sexes. 'Largely' =/= only.

Man the PC police are out in force. This is only an issue for you people because Rousey is a woman, who, ironically, gets a pass for physically assaulting a man who never laid a finger on her. And that's even worse, because she's a trained fighter who can do considerable damage with relative ease.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I think the best solution here is for 253 to refer to a male fighter as a chubby bitch as well and that will end the FemNazi brigades quest for justice.

253hawk

Reaction score
Most of the chubby MMA males aren't really bitches, though. And their moms aren't threatening to run their coaches over with a car "if there weren't a law against it". Rousey and her mom are psycho hose beasts.

I think McGregor is a bitch, but he's a featherweight and guys in the lower weight classes are always shredded. Rousey always looks fairly cut at weigh-ins, but then ends up looking like she ate a pallet of twinkies by the time the fight rolls around. I guess to pack the weight back on the accentuate her judo technique? Because she certainly lacked the conditioning to take on a boxer.

That's another thing. No one bats an eye when someone gets called 'scrawny' or 'skinny' (which I dealt with while growing up as I have a runner's build no matter how much I eat,) but call someone a chubbo and everyone loses their minds. They're two sides of the same coin, but aren't treated even remotely the same. Being a thin, white, straight, male American is grounds for having every card in the deck being played against you these days; you aren't allowed to have an opinion about anything without someone screaming about it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
253hawk":1rz3rtjk said:
Most of the chubby MMA males aren't really bitches, though. And their moms aren't threatening to run their coaches over with a car "if there weren't a law against it". Rousey and her mom are psycho hose beasts.

I think McGregor is a bitch, but he's a featherweight and guys in the lower weight classes are always shredded. Rousey always looks fairly cut at weigh-ins, but then ends up looking like she ate a pallet of twinkies by the time the fight rolls around. I guess to pack the weight back on the accentuate her judo technique? Because she certainly lacked the conditioning to take on a boxer.

That's another thing. No one bats an eye when someone gets called 'scrawny' or 'skinny' (which I dealt with while growing up as I have a runner's build no matter how much I eat,) but call someone a chubbo and everyone loses their minds. They're two sides of the same coin, but aren't treated even remotely the same. Being a thin, white, straight, male American is grounds for having every card in the deck being played against you these days; you aren't allowed to have an opinion about anything without someone screaming about it.

Yes... The oppression of the white male.

Pack it in and talk about MMA

253hawk

Reaction score
That's what I was trying to do before the tumblr brigade pulled me over for being too male and too jealous. Or something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
253hawk":11m2gx6h said:
I can't dislike a team/player/athlete for their behavior and attitude? She disrespects her opponents both in and out of the ring, is a 9-11 truther, thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, and thinks it was 'self defense' to brutally assault her ex because he 'kidnapped' her (somehow without laying a hand on her) yet hypocritically bemoans women-beaters while currently dating one.

She's just a nasty, arrogant person and it was enjoyable seeing her fall to someone that was her complete antithesis. Dunno where the hell you get off thinking it's jealousy. What in the world would I have to be jealous about? There's tons of MMA fans that feel the exact same way about her.

What fighter or boxer hasn't been cocky, disrespectful and made controversial statements?

It's part of the hype of the sport. Ali did it, Mayweather did it, EVERY UFC fighter does it.......it's part of the game. Rousey is no different.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1nid0jk7 said:
253hawk":1nid0jk7 said:
I can't dislike a team/player/athlete for their behavior and attitude? She disrespects her opponents both in and out of the ring, is a 9-11 truther, thinks Sandy Hook was a hoax, and thinks it was 'self defense' to brutally assault her ex because he 'kidnapped' her (somehow without laying a hand on her) yet hypocritically bemoans women-beaters while currently dating one.

She's just a nasty, arrogant person and it was enjoyable seeing her fall to someone that was her complete antithesis. Dunno where the hell you get off thinking it's jealousy. What in the world would I have to be jealous about? There's tons of MMA fans that feel the exact same way about her.

What fighter or boxer hasn't been cocky, disrespectful and made controversial statements?

It's part of the hype of the sport. Ali did it, Mayweather did it, EVERY UFC fighter does it.......it's part of the game. Rousey is no different.

ButterBean