Rose Bowl Thread

OpHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1uhdszk7 said:
Petersen is about to be 1-4 in bowl games for Washington, and 0-4 against other P5 teams. Can we finally stop pretending that Washington can compete on a national level?

They could with a competent QB. Hung with Alabama just fine and would have had a shot without Jakes pick-6. Kept up with Penn State, with Gaskin being more effective in the wildcat than jake throwing passes.

I've never seen a QB actually regress in each consecutive game like Jake has. Never seen anything like it really. 11 quarters now without a TD pass, lead the offense to 6 points in the last 6 quarters.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Regardless of how this game shakes out, Husky fans win because Browning will finally be gone.

He did his job. When he came in, we were a dumpster fire. Under his watch, this team went to Bowl games. They were never close for years before him.

But these were some supremely talented teams recently and Browning has literally been the weakest link on the team.

He never won big games as the lead horse. He lost plenty for us. But before he got here we were awful.

Now we are good but he is awful.

Though, he recruited hard for this team so maybe we are good because of that. As a QB on the field though, he has been a guy I will be glad to see move on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OpHawk":13seyu0q said:
SeatownJay":13seyu0q said:
Petersen is about to be 1-4 in bowl games for Washington, and 0-4 against other P5 teams. Can we finally stop pretending that Washington can compete on a national level?

They could with a competent QB. Hung with Alabama just fine and would have had a shot without Jakes pick-6. Kept up with Penn State, with Gaskin being more effective in the wildcat than jake throwing passes.

I've never seen a QB actually regress in each consecutive game like Jake has. Never seen anything like it really. 11 quarters now without a TD pass, lead the offense to 6 points in the last 6 quarters.
So much this. Better watch it though, you might of miffed the Browning defense squad with that post.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Msfann":397e0043 said:
The huskies have always been the biggest choke artists in the region.

Except for 1 year ever. They have some ok teams sometimes but choke it away every time.

Browning is off target and he throws a weak pass and doesn't appear to be very bright.
Petersen loves Browning but when Browning plays, it leaves you wondering, "What the hell does Petersen see in Browning??!"

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2fv9be4u said:
SeatownJay":2fv9be4u said:

This game is competing at a national level, or did you miss the pre game?
Just because Washington is playing in the game doesn't mean they're actually competitive in the game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3rk77vpc said:
Uncle Si":3rk77vpc said:
SeatownJay":3rk77vpc said:

This game is competing at a national level, or did you miss the pre game?
Just because Washington is playing in the game doesn't mean they're actually competitive in the game.

Yes.. it literally does.

Just like OSU.

Its not the Redbox bowl

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3g6dpjql said:
Regardless of how this game shakes out, Husky fans win because Browning will finally be gone.

He did his job. When he came in, we were a dumpster fire. Under his watch, this team went to Bowl games. They were never close for years before him.

But these were some supremely talented teams recently and Browning has literally been the weakest link on the team.

He never won big games as the lead horse. He lost plenty for us. But before he got here we were awful.

Though, he recruited hard for this team so maybe we are good because of that. As a QB on the field though, he has been a guy I will be glad to see move on.
I am also tired of these UW QBs named, "Jake."

Next up, "Jacob" Eason.

Can UW recruit and play some QBs not named Jake?!! Jeez!!!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":17fdwz7t said:
With all the NFL talent on these Husky teams, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if Browning was not this tremendous weak link.

Considering how terrible the offense is playing, the defense is doing decently well. That last defensive stand wasn't a winner but their backs were up against the wall.

Edit: And it isn't Petersen, he did just fine in bowl games that he didn't have Browning as his QB. Though I will concede he might have a predilection for these 'low-talent try-hard' type of guys. He had a better version of this at Boise State but I worry we are going to see a parade of these guys under Petersen. It might be the trade-off in having a team good at the other stuff.

Don't let DomeHawk hear you say that! He got after me for calling Browning the Poor man's Kellen Moore in his Browning thread.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1pdp4nso said:
TwistedHusky":1pdp4nso said:
With all the NFL talent on these Husky teams, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if Browning was not this tremendous weak link.

Considering how terrible the offense is playing, the defense is doing decently well. That last defensive stand wasn't a winner but their backs were up against the wall.

Edit: And it isn't Petersen, he did just fine in bowl games that he didn't have Browning as his QB. Though I will concede he might have a predilection for these 'low-talent try-hard' type of guys. He had a better version of this at Boise State but I worry we are going to see a parade of these guys under Petersen. It might be the trade-off in having a team good at the other stuff.

Don't let DomeHawk hear you say that! He got after me for calling Browning the Poor man's Kellen Moore in his Browning thread.
DomeHawk is an irrational Browning homer. It's best to just ignore him.

justafan

Reaction score
SeatownJay":26flncyy said:
OrangeGravy":26flncyy said:
TwistedHusky":26flncyy said:

I dont think many fans read this forum much.Too much crying and whining.

OpHawk

Reaction score
justafan":2t2lnbbf said:
SeatownJay":2t2lnbbf said:
OrangeGravy":2t2lnbbf said:
TwistedHusky":2t2lnbbf said:

I dont think many fans read this forum much.Too much crying and whining.

Or truth-telling

SeatownJay

Reaction score
With the new redshirt rule where playing in fewer than four games no longer costs a year of eligibility, Washington should just empty the bench and get a look at some of the freshmen on the team. It's not like it will make a difference in the outcome of this game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Are you guys having a go at a poster thats not even here to defend himself?

I know this is a big moment for non-Husky fans... but discuss the game (topic) and leave the name calling and shit posting to the shack.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Its a weird moment.

As a Husky fan, you grow up to covet Rose Bowls.

Rose Bowls are magical, you almost prefer them over higher ranked bowls just because of the history and connection to Husky teams in the past.

But Browning does not win big games and certainly almost never bowl games. In truth, he more often loses them for his team. In this game, Gaskin started ripping off big chunks in the 2nd half and it was not until we tried to give Browning a possession that the offense was ultimately shutdown.

So reaching a Bowl game and more specifically reaching a ROSE BOWL didn't really matter. Because we were not winning and even the casual Husky fan knew this.

So I didn't go into this game with any expectation or even hope they could even be competitive in it. I did hope for better defense. But I get the problem with that if there is no support from your offense.

Regardless, end of this game is the end of Browning's play holding this team back. So even a big loss in this bowl game will be a win, because we can trade up for a good QB.

OpHawk

Reaction score
The Pac-12 has become such a joke. They fall behind further every year.

The west coast needs to stop raising a population of coddled nancy's so that one day the homegrown kids can compete with other parts of the country that raise men.

Course, that's not gonna happen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1z07su8n said:
TwistedHusky":1z07su8n said:

I am also tired of these UW QBs named, "Jake."

Next up, "Jacob" Eason.

Can UW recruit and play some QBs not named Jake?!! Jeez!!!
They have a Colson....... but the rest were/are Jake or Jacob’s.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So the dip in talent this year is the fault of parents, specifically west coast parents?

The state of that post...

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with recruiting. And Nick Saban put a stop to satellite camps. So it’s hard for recruits to get up to states like Washington and Oregon. Saban has the honey hole down in the southeast and then stops the idea of decent recruits checking out other schools.