Round 7, Pick 236 - John Ursua, WR, Hawai'i

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I love this pick. I'll be honest, I had no idea who he was before the pick was made. But after taking time to watch some of his interviews and highlights, I'm smitten. He reminds me so much of Doug, it's uncanny. The size, the workout numbers, his play on the field, everything. There's not a doubt in my mind he'll make this team.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2k1mv8n2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1122256576721481728[/tweet]

[youtube]Q3dJ56foaE4[/youtube]

5'9", 178. Runs in the 4.5 range, quick 3-cone time at 6.77 which is a trait they liked a lot about Baldwin back in 2010. They'll likely be looking at him in the slot. Not on the radar of many draftniks, rarely mentioned as a draftable player, but balled out for Hawai'i last year.
Man thanks for posting but I couldn’t take the music. He made his numbers against the little sisters of the poor’s little sisters but does show some abilities in the tape. We’ve certainly made worse picks. Hopefully he is a success.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
AgentDib":f21zo5vt said:
ADB was my adopt-a-rookie in 2011 and this guy is my pick for 2019. I think he has a really good chance to stick on the roster with contributions as a slot receiver and perhaps compete as a punt returner.

[youtube]o_jGhmiPWPg[/youtube]
This dude just looks like Seattle. Maybe was meant to be?

toffee

Reaction score
Ursua is the opposite of Metcalf, would be interesting if Ursua would to become our go to slot and Metcalf our go to split end, with Lockett as flanker.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I watched the Hawaii/San Diego St where Ursua only had four catches. However, he did draw a couple of pass interference penalties on go routes and had one neat direct snap carry on third down up the middle for a couple of hard fought yards.

He played every snap from the slot and occasionally was sent in motion. He ran mostly corner, post and go routes but had a couple of nice slants with YAC and a few comeback and curl routes mixed in. Looked a lot more like Lockett than Baldwin in this game.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Dang didn't realize Ursua was 25 years old. Hope we can get a couple years out of him before he hits the retirement home.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
HawaiiD":3pfs9apn said:
Being a long time Seahawks fan. And this my opinion watching John Ursua for the last 3 years. He really reminds me of the Steve Largent mold. Physically, not really tall albit John is quicker with a nice top end burst but durable. His strength is that he has really good hands and runs routes on a dime but most importantly I feel his WR I.Q is what will make him shine. I won't be surprised in year 2 or 3
He might make an impact. I'm not saying he is the next Steve Largent,it just he reminds me of him in certain attributes . [emoji1688]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I can't say much about Largent, other than from what I saw in his Football Life feature, but what they said about him fits this guys description almost perfectly, undersized, not the fastest, but always found a way to get open, and has sure hands. There's no way he's going to reach Largent's level, especially since he's already 25, but if he can be anywhere nearly as reliable, than Seattle got themselves another steal.

chris98251

Reaction score
WR's can play a long time, he may be 25 but then could play till mid thirties easy, he will have low body mileage, bonus is he is more mature and tuned in most likely as well so will pick up things and has a work ethic that will need little to develop to an NFL level.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have a co-worker from Hawaii, he is very fired up about this pick. In a nutshell, he said we are going to love this kid.

King Dog

Reaction score
Pretty pumped about this kid after watching game videos, listening to interviews, viewing his Pro Day numbers and the fact that the FO didn't want to chance not signing him as an UDFA. Just a gut feeling he's gonna work out.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Dare I say he's this year's Cooper Cupp?

Small school guy that has the football smarts to succeed where bigger names fail.