Rumblings Hawks are making a big move today...

nanomoz

Reaction score

No sweat man. Just banter/having fun. Go Hawks.

seabowl

Reaction score
Wow he was right.

Hawks just signed Pehawk to play QB and behind this atrocious OL so he gets pummeled into retirement. In retirement Pehawk wants to post ridiculous non true statements but is unable to due to the loss of feeling in his fingers from the pounding he took as the QB.

Thanks Kreskin.

cdallan

Reaction score
seabowl":38ikpkl9 said:
Wow he was right.

Hawks just signed Pehawk to play QB and behind this atrocious OL so he gets pummeled into retirement. In retirement Pehawk wants to post ridiculous non true statements but is unable to due to the loss of feeling in his fingers from the pounding he took as the QB.

Thanks Kreskin.

Pe takes worse poundings than Russell on a weekly basis.

Well, worse/better - depends on your view of these things.

kearly

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1hetsmbc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/707694630175948804[/tweet]

Gives us less room for FAs and FAs less room to negotiate with us. Wonder if this was calculated.

The Seahawks can create an extra $2.5 million in cap relief if they cut Lynch after June 1st.

Normally his dead money hit would be $5 million this year, but if they cut him after June 1st the number changes from $5 million in 2016 to $2.5 million in 2016 and $2.5 million in 2017.

Chapow

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":5558qkc8 said:
Big move = Going from "Legion of Boom" to "Squad of Ooops". Really bummed about Mebane.

I'm bummed about losing Mebane too, but I think retaining Lane is a much bigger deal for us than losing Mebane.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
We could have had Bane at a pretty reasonable price but decided not to. That should tell us that he's not a key cog in this thing anymore. I love Bane as much as the next guy but I bet we'll fill his spot without missing a beat. Should net a 6th next year too, when comp picks become tradable assets.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":18lkqy6e said:
We could have had Bane at a pretty reasonable price but decided not to. That should tell us that he's not a key cog in this thing anymore. I love Bane as much as the next guy but I bet we'll fill his spot without missing a beat. Should net a 6th next year too, when comp picks become tradable assets.

Love your optimism.

We can replace skills. Badasses are harder to find. I consider both Sweezy and Mebane to be badasses.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3g9vlo2y said:
SomersetHawk":3g9vlo2y said:

Love your optimism.

We can replace skills. Badasses are harder to find. I consider both Sweezy and Mebane to be badasses.

It will definitely be interesting to see how Sweezy looks in Tampa. Carp looked solid after leaving, as did Max, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweezy follow suit. But in our system, if you'd offered me a 5th for Sweezy and essentially saved $6m per, I'd take it 10 times out of 10.

You're right though, he was a baddass, and maybe the only real one on our starting O-line.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2s9e8ahv said:
Scottemojo":2s9e8ahv said:
SomersetHawk":2s9e8ahv said:

Love your optimism.

It will definitely be interesting to see how Sweezy looks in Tampa. Carp looked solid after leaving, as did Max, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweezy follow suit. But in our system, if you'd offered me a 5th for Sweezy and essentially saved $6m per, I'd take it 10 times out of 10.
I take solace in knowing that if we are starting over on the line next year, AGAIN, at least we will have to play more spread to compensate for the lack of OL experience.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":22mbtrti said:
SomersetHawk":22mbtrti said:
Scottemojo":22mbtrti said:
SomersetHawk":22mbtrti said:

Love your optimism.

I take solace in knowing that if we are starting over on the line next year, AGAIN, at least we will have to play more spread to compensate for the lack of OL experience.

Nice point, and I'm sure that's part of the reason we seem to be 'comfortable' letting Sweezy and possibly Okung walk.

I think Rawls is much better suited to the spread than Beast too.

Of course I'm hesitant to say we'll be fine after all that happened with the line last year, but I think/am hopeful we've learnt some lessons.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1cmfyoj6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707916889117347840[/tweet]

meh.
Really hope this is not the big move we are counting on. I've followed this guy since he was a high school recruit and he has never lived up to his potential. If we just need some one to be fat and in the way then I guess he will work though. He isn't pressuring the pocket unless we can hypnotize him into thinking the football is a pizza.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Cowboys are in a spot of difficulty cap-wise and are under some pressure to improve their team in Free Agency. Only have $8m in room with the draft to come.

Ronald Leary lost his spot to Collins last year but was a solid guard prior to this. He's received a second round tender at $2.5m from the Cowboys but looks a prime candidate for a trade.

An undrafted free agent in 2012, Leary was the forgotten man once the Cowboys picked up La'el Collins last year. A very good run blocker who would add decent depth at a low price. Had he started this year I'd imagine his market would be along the lines of Sweezy/Boones, and possibly better.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing we probably went into yesterday thinking we had a small chance of maybe attracting the likes of Olivier or similar, and then the JV GMs got let out.