Rumblings Hawks are making a big move today...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think John Schneider probably tossed a pen at the wall and muttered "and now we are out..." about a dozen times yesterday.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1blk13rc said:
I think John Schneider probably tossed a pen at the wall and muttered "and now we are out..." about a dozen times yesterday.

Sounds about right. GMs were so desperate yesterday it was sad. I'm glad JS was sane.

byau

Reaction score
I have heard from a non-reliable source that the Seahawks are going to sign Herschel Walker.

Coach and JS, as a result of losing both Mebane and Irvin, are looking for players to add depth to both the DT and LB groups. Inspired by Khalil Mack's success in a combo role of DE/LB, Coach and JS feel Walker is the perfect fit to play a combo DT/LB to add depth to both position groups.

"With his footspeed from his running back days combined with his 72" reach they expect him to be able to drop back," quotes the non-relaible source. "And with his skills behind his undefeated MMA background, they believe with his strength, striking, and grappling ability he will be a great pass rusher and run stopper"

GettyImages_114576009_ol5735pb_cox7ja1a.jpg

It just makes so much sense!

Largent80

Reaction score
So far the Seahawks free agency period is like listening to a culture club greatest hits album.

kearly

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1sxus9c6 said:
Uncle Si":1sxus9c6 said:
Any consensus on what the big move was?

Lane?

I think the tweet was misconstrued.

IIRC, it was JS himself who said that 95% of deals end up falling through.

Rumors are fun but even if they are true, they always have a chance to fall apart along the way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I never thought we were making big first day moves anyway...........other than trying to keep as many of our own key free agents as possible.

If we can get Okung back at a fair price, that'd be a big move IMO. To lose both him and Sweezy would severely hamstring addressing other issues than O-line in the draft and the rest of free agency.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1c4kn2zg said:

Lane?

I don't think there was a big move, but I'd say that signing Lane was a pretty big deal for us. Let me put it this way, what if we hadn't signed Lane and he signed some where else?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
'Cause my sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracy...she told me that she saw you at the show all hugged up wit some tramp.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2mafin9r said:
'Cause my sister-in-law's baby cousin Tracy...she told me that she saw you at the show all hugged up wit some tramp.

I didn't go to Free Agency last night

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Chapow":2vdrzoh4 said:
Uncle Si":2vdrzoh4 said:

Lane?

I don't think there was a big move, but I'd say that signing Lane was a pretty big deal for us. Let me put it this way, what if we hadn't signed Lane and he signed some where else?
I'm glad we retained Lane, but if he continues to be an injury waiting to happen, I'm going to be sad. It's just so critical this year, a year where we can't do much to make our team better via FA, that previous draft picks and acquisitions step up their games and stay healthy.

We will either be a team in a decline OR a team that is actually ready to ascend again. Right now I feel like we are trending downward since we haven't done anything to improve, and honestly there isn't a lot to get excited about in the market. It's gonna be a year of "IFs".

IF guys like Clark, Glowinski, Marsh, Lane, Simon, Hill, Richardson, Rawls, KPL, take assertive steps forward and take ownership of their positions, I think we can be very happy. IF we have a good draft and find a few immediate impact guys for the OL and DL, maybe LB, then we can be thrilled. IF we make make a few successful FA additions for depth on top of all that, then hallelujah!

It's just a lot of ifs. We have a core that will almost always keep us competitive, but they need help. It is times like this that cement a GM's legacy. I'm not without hope.

Seymour

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3vqosb3n said:
SomersetHawk":3vqosb3n said:
Scottemojo":3vqosb3n said:
SomersetHawk":3vqosb3n said:
We could have had Bane at a pretty reasonable price but decided not to. That should tell us that he's not a key cog in this thing anymore. I love Bane as much as the next guy but I bet we'll fill his spot without missing a beat. Should net a 6th next year too, when comp picks become tradable assets.

Love your optimism.

We can replace skills. Badasses are harder to find. I consider both Sweezy and Mebane to be badasses.

It will definitely be interesting to see how Sweezy looks in Tampa. Carp looked solid after leaving, as did Max, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sweezy follow suit. But in our system, if you'd offered me a 5th for Sweezy and essentially saved $6m per, I'd take it 10 times out of 10.
I take solace in knowing that if we are starting over on the line next year, AGAIN, at least we will have to play more spread to compensate for the lack of OL experience.

Except since we still have Bevell we are more likely to get destroyed up front for 4-6 games BEFORE any adjustments are made to scheme shorter / quicker routes.

kearly

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3g71uphy said:
I don't think that tweet claiming there was a big move, just that PCJS are known for it.

Reading it again, you are right. It sounds like he's just speculating and building hype. I wonder if Pe was referring to someone else?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
The dude who's twitter I dropped was definitely pumping things up the night before. Which lead to a frenzy of rumblings.

Rumors and rumblings, be them valid or concocted, are just fun to riff on. Nothing beats NFL FA opening and NBA/MLB trade deadlines.

Basis4day

Reaction score
When i see a thread title i am by nature very literal in interpretations of what the thread will be about.
(Drives me nuts when i see a thread title with a "?" that doesn't ask a question).

When is a thread about rumblings and rumors, i take it as beat writers or other media people hinting at moves.
I don't think of excited fans tweeting about possibilities.

Can still be entertaining i guess.