Rumor: Hawks open to moving Lynch before deadline

kidhawk

Reaction score
ESPN: Lynch is NOT on the trading block. This by Chris Mortenson today on ESPN. Basically saying that he might have been on the block at some point, but isn't now because of the Coleman injury and that he likely won't be here next year. IMO it's Mort's way of supporting what he's been reporting all the while knowing he's just stirring the pot.

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is not on the trading block, but many in the organization -- including Lynch -- do not expect the running back to be on the roster in 2015, according to sources

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767085/seattle-seahawks-tire-marshawn-lynch?ex_cid=sportscenterTW[/urltargetblank]

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Highly doubt he would be welcomed back to Buffalo. Miami or San Diego would make the most sense IMO.

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":y5n1s4pd said:
ESPN: Lynch is NOT on the trading block. This by Chris Mortenson today on ESPN. Basically saying that he might have been on the block at some point, but isn't now because of the Coleman injury and that he likely won't be here next year. IMO it's Mort's way of supporting what he's been reporting all the while knowing he's just stirring the pot.

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is not on the trading block, but many in the organization -- including Lynch -- do not expect the running back to be on the roster in 2015, according to sources

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767085/seattle-seahawks-tire-marshawn-lynch?ex_cid=sportscenterTW[/urltargetblank]

Or, Mort was saying exactly what the Seahawks wanted him to say.

The Hawks are known to screw with opposition via insiders. The Hawks made the 49ers show their hand with Peyton Manning and also let it be known they we're looking at a Rice TE in the 2013 draft, 49ers bit, and took Vance when the Hawks wanted Luke the entire time.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
There is no way we get a 2nd and a player for Lynch. Remember, he's likely a half year rental for any team trading for him. At his age, no one will honor that last year of his contract with is a 8.5m cap hit. That's why he held out this spring, he knew he wouldn't be back and wanted to try to get everything he could while he could.

Seattle is putting the info out there but it's very unlikely he gets traded.

On a side note, Seattle is also linked to Vincent Jackson, Chris Clemons, Antwan Barnes, Devin Hester, Jared Cook, Pierre Garcon amongst others.

JS/PC are always very active and making calls so it's not surprising. Also as we saw with the Harvin trade, they're looking to acquire a dynamic pass catching TE and Cook could be just that.

Wouldn't it be funny to get Garcon after Sherman said he doesn't matter in the NFL. Awkward....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
jblaze":2q6os45w said:
It was on television and stated by Davis Hsu on twitter. Davis has always been a very credible source.

On ESPN it was on Mort Report this morning specifically.

Links, please. :D

kidhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":cehmgf2p said:
jblaze":cehmgf2p said:
It was on television and stated by Davis Hsu on twitter. Davis has always been a very credible source.

On ESPN it was on Mort Report this morning specifically.

Links, please. :D

I don't know what was said on television, but I linked a story by Mort that has a time stamp of about an hour or so ago where he said Lynch is NOT on the block but won't be back. I posted it above in this thread.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
kidhawk":1j8doncz said:

That info is from yesterday and Mort contradicted himself today on the subject. Apparently the Seahawks made some calls to put the word out this morning. The report above is talking about the report yesterday about the team not retaining him next year and being sick of his antics. They stated he's not on the block yesterday but today there is different info.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Here's the "links" I have from Davis Hsu.

DAVIS HSU @DavisHsuSeattle · 1h 1 hour ago

Lynch is my fav Seahawk...but hard to envision he is "ALL IN" like Pete Carroll wants when he taps the sign...maybe he is- who knows...
0 replies 2 retweets 3 favorites
DAVIS HSU @DavisHsuSeattle · 2h 2 hours ago

I mean NFL network, ESPN and Peter King all had the co-ordinated Lynch news the same morning?...
0 replies 0 retweets 2 favorites

Last thing I want is Seahawks to move Lynch...but the timing and conviction and synchronized (all major media outlets) nature makes you "hmm
0 replies 7 retweets 4 favorites
DAVIS HSU retweeted
Jeff Wright @jefelee · 2h 2 hours ago

@DavisHsuSeattle Like planting a giant "For Sale" sign on your Porsche.
View conversation
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

The "hedge leak" is to Peter King- saying they wont move him unless they get "blown away by good offer"
0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites

You don't leak that out on Gameday morning with trade deadline 2 days away unless...
0 replies 2 retweets 5 favorites

The leak to Mort Report was a signal from Seattle "come and get Lynch" before Tuesday...why else would they leak that?
0 replies 4 retweets 7 favorites

If I was Seattle- trading Lynch to Raiders sounds better than trading him to a contender- plus his hometown- could be cool.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Everything you've heard about Lynch is just media-fabricated rumors and lies.

Multiple players and coaches have openly stated that there is no truth to any of the media stories, and I believe them. They aren't just saying one-liners, Pete Carroll made extended in-depth statements to the press yesterday that everything being said by the media is totally fabricated and that they don't care and it has nothing to do with the team. Bruce Irvin, Doug Baldwin, Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and numerous other players have also made statements making that very clear.

We all knew Lynch likely would not be here next season, and that's only news to the national media who didn't follow the Seahawks until we won a Superbowl.

I got a really big laugh from Mack Strong saying that he's spent significant time in the locker room and with the coaches and that the team is actually laughing about what's been said about Lynch. Mack said that his conversations with coaches have made it very clear that there is no truth at all to the media rumors and he told fans to calm down and realize that is all part of being a winning team. And frankly, Mack Strong, as an employee of the team, has greater access than any of these "sources" being quoted by the media.

I think the whole thing is hilarious.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":34p892as said:
kidhawk":34p892as said:

That info is from yesterday and Mort contradicted himself today on the subject. Apparently the Seahawks made some calls to put the word out this morning. The report above is talking about the report yesterday about the team not retaining him next year and being sick of his antics. They stated he's not on the block yesterday but today there is different info.

That article is dated today. Like I said, I can't say what is said on a tv broadcast without a video link, but I can go by every written report out there and put some logic to the situation. Every written report says Lynch won't be traded but won't be here next season. This is nothing we haven't known since Lynch signed his deal in the first place. We also, all know that John and Pete will listen to offers from teams, but that is a long way off from shopping Lynch.

If they are shopping him actively, other teams will leak it and it will be reported and then I'll buy into it, but as for now, it looks more like SOP here. Listen to offers and if something overwhelms you, you take it and if not you move forward as is.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":2k3kh4az said:
Here's the "links" I have from Davis Hsu.

DAVIS HSU @DavisHsuSeattle · 1h 1 hour ago

Lynch is my fav Seahawk...but hard to envision he is "ALL IN" like Pete Carroll wants when he taps the sign...maybe he is- who knows...
0 replies 2 retweets 3 favorites

I mean NFL network, ESPN and Peter King all had the co-ordinated Lynch news the same morning?...
0 replies 0 retweets 2 favorites

Last thing I want is Seahawks to move Lynch...but the timing and conviction and synchronized (all major media outlets) nature makes you "hmm
0 replies 7 retweets 4 favorites
DAVIS HSU retweeted
Jeff Wright @jefelee · 2h 2 hours ago

@DavisHsuSeattle Like planting a giant "For Sale" sign on your Porsche.
View conversation
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites

The "hedge leak" is to Peter King- saying they wont move him unless they get "blown away by good offer"
0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites

You don't leak that out on Gameday morning with trade deadline 2 days away unless...
0 replies 2 retweets 5 favorites

The leak to Mort Report was a signal from Seattle "come and get Lynch" before Tuesday...why else would they leak that?
0 replies 4 retweets 7 favorites

If I was Seattle- trading Lynch to Raiders sounds better than trading him to a contender- plus his hometown- could be cool.

Not a single tweet there says he's being shopped. Hsu is actively guessing at what's going on.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Exactly. I think JS/PC listen to everything and make a lot of hypothetical type calls. I don't consider this out of the realm of possibility, just very unlikely.

I just hope this doesn't piss off Lynch. He is rather mercurial and you can never know how these things will affect people and their effort.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Twitter isn't exactly blowing up with new information. Everything on Lynch is from the reports this weekend. Nothing new.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
The tweets are in response to the TV spots talking about him being shopped. I'll try to find the video. He is on the block, although it's very unlikely anyone makes an offer high enough to entice Seattle to act. He's too crucial to our offense but you always entertain any offers.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
If true this would be bigger than losing hutch a huge mistake . No RB can run behind our sorry as OL like lynch can . Could you imagine him with Dallas's OL . Hope this is just media BS

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":23tvcrbz said:
Exactly. I think JS/PC listen to everything and make a lot of hypothetical type calls. I don't consider this out of the realm of possibility, just very unlikely.

I just hope this doesn't piss off Lynch. He is rather mercurial and you can never know how these things will affect people and their effort.

The difference here is you are saying they are calling people and I've yet to see anything alluding to that in regards to Lynch. There is word out that they are calling and looking for a big receiver/tight end, but nothing about shopping Lynch.

I believe most GM's will listen to offers for any players, but it's a far cry from shopping said player. I just don't see anyone offering Pete and John enough for Lynch for them to stomach shipping him off and completely changing the offensive identity of this team until they have a full off season to work through it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2zzr53pd said:
If true this would be bigger than losing hutch a huge mistake . No RB can run behind our sorry as OL like lynch can . Could you imagine him with Dallas's OL . Hope this is just media BS

Whatever. Our line is actually pretty good at run blocking.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
kidhawk":1xcexjv7 said:
jblaze":1xcexjv7 said:

The difference here is you are saying they are calling people and I've yet to see anything alluding to that in regards to Lynch. There is word out that they are calling and looking for a big receiver/tight end, but nothing about shopping Lynch.

I believe most GM's will listen to offers for any players, but it's a far cry from shopping said player. I just don't see anyone offering Pete and John enough for Lynch for them to stomach shipping him off and completely changing the offensive identity of this team until they have a full off season to work through it.

I supposed "shopping" may not be the right word then. I don't think shopping means actively calling people to see if they'll take your player but I can see how it could be perceived that way. I think the Hawks leaked that they would be open to a trade at the right price, but they're not actively calling teams aggressively trying to ship him off.

Perhaps the correct term is "open" to trading Lynch, not shopping. Title adjusted.