Rumor Mill: Hawks could be in on a DeSean Jackson trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Percy Harvin is twice the player Desean Jackson is. Please stop with the nonsense.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3ggz0l6p said:
Yeah, I don't understand the knock on Harvin.

1. Losing games to Migraines doesn't constitute as an injury. I believe he had a gluten intolerency, people should look that up because a simple but dedicated change in diet can change the way you feel about life. My wife knows.

2. He suffered an ankle injury against the Seahawks. And we all saw how scrappy he was that day. Limping around but continuing to play. His injury was like a 3-4 week shelf life but because of his rocky relationship with the team they just chose to shut him down for an entire season.

3. Harvin made $4.9 mil in 2013 (against the cap)... Its not like his absence really affected the Seahawks finances because it didn't. Sure it also cost a 1st and 3rd round pick but sometimes if you want to win big you have to gamble with house money.

But back on topic, hip surgery doesn't constitute as being injury prone...it was just a pre -existing injury that needed to be taken care of to keep him 100% going forward.

4. Minnesota game he probably came back to early from rehab.

5. Getting concussed also doesn't constitute as being injury prone. And if you watched that game, I'm not going to say the Saints was being dirty but they were definitely head hunting our WRs that day. Any WR who took the shot Harvin did would had to been shutdown.

So, arguably other than college and his lone ankle injury he suffered against the most physical defense in the NFL Percy Harvin has been relatively healthy if you agree with me that his migraines and hip surgery can be placed on non-football injuries.

Seahawks got one hell of a player. And I'm also thinking his large contract is performance based in practice and on the field, so if he wants to make his money, he's going to have to earn.

Sure it says he makes 13.9 m this year but what if having limited targets allows him to only make 9-10 of that. His contract doesn't look so bad then... and I doubt any team dishes out contracts like that without protective themselves with performance based escalators that encourages their investment to perform.

So in a way if Percy Harvin does make 13.9 mil afterr next season, I would sy he had an awesome season.

FWIW I think the length of the post required to explain everything away is telling in itself.

The knock against Harvin w/ the Vikes was that with him it was ALWAYS something. When he wasn't injured it was him fighting with his coaches, and when he wasn't fighting with his coaches it was migraines, and even when it wasn't injuries or migraines or him fighting with his coaches it was something else causing him to scratch at the last second or pull himself from games.

I thought it was a great signing when it was made and even after his most absent, Percy-like year yet I still think it very well might pan out, but the knock on Percy in Minnesotta was that it was ALWAYS something with him, and it's undeniable that this has been true of his time in Seattle so far too (and it has even been worse than it ever was in Minesotta). You can individually explain away each and every tree, but it doesn't mean that once you step back you have explained away the forest.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Percy needs to be twice the player if he is only on the field half as much.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
When thinking about the Harvin price it's important to consider the 2 leading bidders (likely) were Seattle and SF, so there was an expectation of overpay to prevent the rival from getting the weapon.. but yeah, this talk of DJax getting released or getting a mid round pick in return after a 1300 yard season does create more buyer's remorse with Percy, to the extent anyone should whine about anything after winning a Super Bowl.

plyka

Reaction score
Seriously, I just cannot understand why anyone would rather have Desean Jackson over Percy Harvin. Desean is a one trick pony --deep deep deep. Percy can do it all.

The differnce in talent is undeniable. Production wise, of course Desean has had great production --he has been on the Eagles. Last year with Chip, pass pass pass, Kelley, the year prior with Vick and co. Its about what the person can do in the same circumstance, and I truly doubt that any GM in the league would pick Desean over Percy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I also highly doubt there is any truth to these rumors. For one, DJax and Percy are essentially the same type of player. Both are speed guys who work best in open space. Both are dynamic play makers, but both have trouble staying healthy for a full season. I also doubt we give Desean money when we know next year we will be faced with a lot of FA's we will have to re-sign.

Really doubt this happens. He would be a nice fit with the Niners, hopefully that won't happen though.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":11zixbaf said:
I also highly doubt there is any truth to these rumors. For one, DJax and Percy are essentially the same type of player. Both are speed guys who work best in open space. Both are dynamic play makers, but both have trouble staying healthy for a full season. I also doubt we give Desean money when we know next year we will be faced with a lot of FA's we will have to re-sign.

Really doubt this happens. He would be a nice fit with the Niners, hopefully that won't happen though.

They actually are pretty different players

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":t2ap5hbb said:
rpmischris":t2ap5hbb said:
BlueBlood":t2ap5hbb said:
SouthSoundHawk":t2ap5hbb said:
(distasteful avatar)
Your avatar man, I puked
:13: :187734:
My thoughts exactly

No one is into hot American dong??????

I keep seeing avatars with ladies asses and their tits out/bouncning around, thought I'd bring in a little something for the ladies that frequent the board.

:th2thumbs:

Besides this conversation about Jackson/Harvin has grown pretty damn stale, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.