Rumor mill - Hawks have signed Perrish Cox?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sgt. Largent":5toshbgp said:
ImTheScientist":5toshbgp said:
Sgt. Largent":5toshbgp said:
hawker84":5toshbgp said:
So what's the scoop on Winfield?

Winfield wants to win a SB, not be a four game sub until Thurmond's back, then get released. Plus Winfield hasn't played all year, so by the time he's in game shape Thurmond's suspension would be almost over.

Cox has been playing all year, so my guess is that was the biggest factor in signing him over some of these other guys like Tru and Winfield. He can play NOW, not in 2-3 weeks.

Source?

Why would a player of Winfield's caliber want to come back and play temporarily? He could have already done that with other team's this year if that was the case.

My source? My source is the fact that we're about to sign Cox and not Winfield.

I would assume we would keep Winfield and cut Cox if it came down to it when Thurmond comes back. We need a guy to play snaps at the slot. Lane is more of an outside corner guy, I think. That's of course, assuming we sign both of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawks08":1cazk2lh said:
I thought we are signing both. We should know soon.

Only Browner is going on the IR, so unless we're cutting or putting someone else on the IR that I don't know about, there's only room for one signing.

mikeak

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":qdk3j6vr said:
thebanjodude":qdk3j6vr said:
Because sometimes jurors are idiots...her character was assassinated in front of the jury and they decided that they couldn't prove without a shadow of a doubt that it was rape...you think OJ wasn't guilty either? lol

Are those cases related? I don't see how separate cases can be used as justification for anything.

it can absolutely be used for a discussion if you believe that everyone who was deemed innocent in a court remains innocent in your mind.

If people want to jump on those of us that don't want this guy on the team for something that he was NOT convicted off then a discussion about OJ being viewed as guilty or not is highly relevant

mikeak

Reaction score
Happypuppy":ezpca5hz said:
I am not going to hang the guy. The jury found him innocent and saw all the evidence.; I didn't and know nothing about the case . I know nothing about this guy if he is a good guy bad guy whatever.
If we sign him for depth ok if not that's ok. It's not like he is a key guy. He maybe a one week signing with us if he does not work out.

The jury did not find him innocent. They found him not guilty - HUGE freaking difference

stack600

Reaction score
Just a thought..But if the F.O. knew about this a couple weeks ago, Revis was out there. But too much $$$$ and he is hurt again already....Answered my own question Doh!!

mikeak

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1fdylm0d said:
hawker84":1fdylm0d said:
So what's the scoop on Winfield? Screw this Cox dude, sounds like he can't cover and has a questionable character off the field, do we really need more of the same with these dipsh*t players?

Winfield's a proven pro, from what i remember doesn't have off field problems.. I don't know just sick of it all..

My guess is Winfield said "thanks, but no thanks" and Seattle had to go to Plan B.

Browner suspension opens up one roster spot. Thurmond's suspension opens up another. We can obviously not fill those spots until the suspensions are in effect or we have put someone on IR but one signing doesn't mean anything about the other possible signing. I expect two CBs to be signed.......

Amazing if you polled anyone on this site at the beginning of the season then I would have bet money that CB would be deemed the least volunerable position. At least we are not arguing why the FO didn't sign more CBs in the draft :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
The team can't comment about suspensions until the league announces them ($500,000 fine as explained by Brock and Danny prior to Pete coming on yesterday).
So until the suspensions are official, the team can't really announce roster moves absent Browner officially going on IR or the suspensions announced clearing a roster spot.

Really makes me hate the twitter verse. If they waited for suspensions to be announced we could at least have an idea of who would be signed and the plan going forward. Now we're stuck in limbo waiting for "official announcements".

Dtowers

Reaction score
mikeak":1obtrl8a said:
Happypuppy":1obtrl8a said:
I am not going to hang the guy. The jury found him innocent and saw all the evidence.; I didn't and know nothing about the case . I know nothing about this guy if he is a good guy bad guy whatever.
If we sign him for depth ok if not that's ok. It's not like he is a key guy. He maybe a one week signing with us if he does not work out.

The jury did not find him innocent. They found him not guilty - HUGE freaking difference

Not a lawyer, but I don't think you are ever found innocent in court? Guilty or not guilty are the only verdicts.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Dtowers":2ee2r2t5 said:
mikeak":2ee2r2t5 said:
Happypuppy":2ee2r2t5 said:

Not a lawyer, but I don't think you are ever found innocent in court? Guilty or not guilty are the only verdicts.

Correct. You are found Either Guilty or Not Guilty in a criminal proceeding.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Alright he was found not guilty of the charges. Was he innocent? I not know. What is all this inside information that says the jury was not correct ? The court of public option is not a court just unsubstantiated rumors that may or may not be true .

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jhswb4d said:
seahawks08":3jhswb4d said:

Only Browner is going on the IR, so unless we're cutting or putting someone else on the IR that I don't know about, there's only room for one signing.

Thurmond is suspended so there's your other roster spot.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":31v35hya said:
The team can't comment about suspensions until the league announces them ($500,000 fine as explained by Brock and Danny prior to Pete coming on yesterday).
So until the suspensions are official, the team can't really announce roster moves absent Browner officially going on IR or the suspensions announced clearing a roster spot.

Really makes me hate the twitter verse. If they waited for suspensions to be announced we could at least have an idea of who would be signed and the plan going forward. Now we're stuck in limbo waiting for "official announcements".

This is absolutely correct, and for now, all we can do is wait and speculate. The fact that the team can't do anything until the league announces something is why I believe we'll put Browner on IR if they don't hear something. The team knows before it goes public about these rulings, but they can't discuss them, but with Browner already being out with a serious injury, they could easily IR him to make the space if they know the suspension is inevitable. They could hold off though until they have found the right fit and need the roster spot, but I think they will make a move sooner rather than later. We should hopefully know more today

mikeak

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1getb2x3 said:
Alright he was found not guilty of the charges. Was he innocent? I not know. What is all this inside information that says the jury was not correct ? The court of public option is not a court just unsubstantiated rumors that may or may not be true .

You are right - so people have read about the case and we have a right to make our own understanding and belief of the case. We can't convict him but we can believe what we want about him. Then we can wish or not wish for our team to have a person like that on the team.

Personally I believe he was guilty and personally I would wish the Seahawks would not sign him. Personally I expressed that sentiment to PC and Paul Allen.

Personally everyone else is free to their own opinion

And it is not rumors. The court heard facts and those facts are public. I said it when the 49ers signed him and you can go and find that thread. So many on here slammed the 49ers and are now suddenly ok with this guy

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":4r0fmcm5 said:
Sgt. Largent":4r0fmcm5 said:
seahawks08":4r0fmcm5 said:

Has it been confirmed that he has dropped the appeal? I read that he was supposed to but nothing official that I have seen. He is eligible to play until appeal is resolved / dropped. I expected him to play through the Saints game then take the suspension for the rest of the regular season

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lobk6ku said:
ImTheScientist":1lobk6ku said:
Sgt. Largent":1lobk6ku said:
hawker84":1lobk6ku said:
So what's the scoop on Winfield?

Winfield wants to win a SB, not be a four game sub until Thurmond's back, then get released. Plus Winfield hasn't played all year, so by the time he's in game shape Thurmond's suspension would be almost over.

Cox has been playing all year, so my guess is that was the biggest factor in signing him over some of these other guys like Tru and Winfield. He can play NOW, not in 2-3 weeks.

Source?

Why would a player of Winfield's caliber want to come back and play temporarily? He could have already done that with other team's this year if that was the case.

My source? My source is the fact that we're about to sign Cox and not Winfield.

How do you know he will play temporarily? Look at Mike Rob as an example of that....has he been cut yet? Are you 100% we are not going to sign both....because I have been hearing we will all over radio today.

Dtowers

Reaction score
mikeak":11lbgrfg said:
^ I think that is what I said.......

Sorry your comment came across like there was a possibility of him being declared innocent (in court).

I was just trying to clarify there is no chance of him being deemed innocent regardless not guilty is as close as you get. You don't know the details so what is the point in making the distinction? You may try to assume what happened based on what you know but you know what they say...

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ienlkj1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ienlkj1 said:
seahawks08":2ienlkj1 said:

mikeak":2ienlkj1 said:
Has it been confirmed that he has dropped the appeal? I read that he was supposed to but nothing official that I have seen. He is eligible to play until appeal is resolved / dropped. I expected him to play through the Saints game then take the suspension for the rest of the regular season

I believe the quoted post was meaning to say that IF Browner goes onto IR we have another roster spot. Thurmond could appeal and delay it, but reports coming out are that the team will make an announcement regarding Thurmond today. They couldn't do that if he was still appealing, so they must have come to a decision to drop the appeal to get back in time for the Rams game.

Obviously it's all conjecture until the team makes an announcement, but so far that's one thing that appears fairly certain, and is almost sure to be resolved today. The Browner situation still has multiple options and could take a little longer to play out, but if the team sees a suspension in his future they'd be wise to just IR him now and move on