Russell’s average passing decline the largest in modern nfl

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I honestly believe RW will be much better next season.
I do think his accuracy has been way off, by his standards anyway, since his finger injury so I doubt he's ever as good as he was in Seattle but I think he'll be better.

Scout

Reaction score
Honestly it is not accuracy that plagues RW. RW is not putting in the necessary prep work to understand what is happening pre snap which shows on film. Now that could change as there is enough of the season left but the Broncos play a Chiefs team hungry to rebound today.

Aircrew

Reaction score

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Honestly it is not accuracy that plagues RW. RW is not putting in the necessary prep work to understand what is happening pre snap which shows on film. Now that could change as there is enough of the season left but the Broncos play a Chiefs team hungry to rebound today.
He had the same pre-snap deficiencies in Seattle which he masked because he was elusive & incredibly accurate with the ball. As he gets older & he loses some mobility, his accuracy becomes even more important but that has regressed to around average because of the finger injury IMO.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Warren says it best:

I feel much the same way that Moon does, that Russell is reluctant to go across the middle and instead opts for the lower percentage throws outside the numbers. IMO another factor is that Russell doesn't seem to take as deep of drops as he used to, perhaps because his legs don't have the spring to them that they once did, which further compounds the problem of his lack of height restricting his vision.

Palmegranite

Reaction score

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score

Well, what we're actually seeing now is the fact that Carroll made Wilson, and Wilson wasn't the catalyst for the Seahawks success over the last ten years, per se. That's what that stat helps illustrate.

Wilson's performance with the Broncos this year is what he would have looked all the time, had he been drafted by any other team. Assuming he had ever even seen the field had he been drafted elsewhere. There was a reason why he "fell" to the third round. That actually might have been a bit of a reach by the Seahawks drafting him as high as they did.

This is further evidenced by what we're seeing out of Geno Smith this season, thanks to him playing under Head Coach Pete Carroll. He's playing like an MVP, like Wilson did at times playing under Carroll. Geno Smith would never have been playing like this for the Jets.

That's why if Geno Smith ever goes down, we will be able to continue on without missing a beat with Lock as our Field General.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
1 play in & a perfect example of his declining accuracy.
It should have been easily picked.