Russell 's biggest rival in the next decade ...

anonFAFA

Reaction score
Why is everyone so high on Cam being on close enough to Wilson as a QB? He's not that good. The media is overhyping him which I don't understand. He has worse stats than Wilson has had the last 3 years and yet no one is criticizing him as a game manager and are acting like Cam carries that team. It's BS.

It's going to be a Wilson/Rodgers rivalry until someone else comes along.

RiverDog

Reaction score
With the exception of Russell and Cam Newton, the league's good young QB's are in the AFC: Luck, Andy Dalton, Tannehill, Derrick Carr, Mariotia, etc. Especially since Kaepernick has imploded, I don't see anyone in the NFC that could play well enough to be considered Russell's rival.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Rodgers is too old for a rivalry to gain real traction. Statistically, Cam has had his best year this year. Perhaps he is turning the corner and becoming the QB many of us never thought he would be. He may not be the match of Wilson, but he is currently the closest competitor in terms of age, conference, and skill. Winston maybe?

Conference realignment would change all that. Wilson would be going up against the other good young QBs like Luck, Osweiler, and Carr. I could see a nice three way rivalry between Wilson and the last two with Luck being the Matt Ryan of the bunch.

-bsd