Russell Wilson Claims to be Abstaining with Ciara

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
dutchman063":1vlbjpqz said:
This guy is proving to more of a nutjob week by week
Oh, for sure. I can no longer say with full certainty that Russ is my man crush. I just can't. On another note, I think he should've shacked up with Katy Perry. She's a dish! She made it so blatantly obvious during SB week that she was diggin him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Schadie001":5gk87yih said:
Thank God someone on this earth still has values. Good on him. I'm glad to see he walks the walk as well.
Where does divorce rate on your "values chart"????

Just curious. 8)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2c2hv347 said:
Schadie001":2c2hv347 said:
Thank God someone on this earth still has values. Good on him. I'm glad to see he walks the walk as well.
Where does divorce rate on your "values chart"????

Just curious. 8)

Depends on the reasons for the divorce, and who instigated it.

His faith gives him certain reasons that allow divorced, and still maintain his integrity and values. I won't get into the details on this part of the forum. Not knowing the specifics of his divorce makes it impossible to judge, and we probably shouldn't anyway.

It is his choice to not sleep with her; if it's true, what's wrong with that? Is he somehow less of a man? Maybe he values self-control over sowing his oats without loving commitment. Maybe he thinks married sex is the best kind, and is willing to wait for that.

I'm on the wagon with those who value the product he puts on the field each week. His personal values are secondary to me, though he has my support if this is his choice, much more so than if he were fathering children with women he's not married to.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just to make things clear and out in the open, i'd like you all to know that I too am practicing abstinence with Ciara.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'll be honest Russell Wilson off the pitch is starting to get on my tits.

If he's as carefully manufactured as some say then the people in charge of that are doing a poor job.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Dude realizes that they BOTH have a lot of kids looking up to them and he is, and THEY are both, being roll models. This is a man who spends his off time visiting sick children and running camps.

grizbob

Reaction score
Personally, the only screwing by RW that I want to know about is with opposing defenses. :twisted:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe Schneids secretly put Ciara on the payroll as an agent: No signee contract, no nookie!

aawolf

Reaction score
I just hope he's a better spokesman for absitence than Bristol Palin.

I also hope that this is true and that he's waiting for marriage. I teach my kids that this is an option, but I'm not nieve enough to expect that they'll be abstinent until marriage, as I sure didn't. I'm also pretty religious, as is Russell, and I tell my kids that I wish I would have waited, as I believe God intended for us to do. I'm glad I can point to one person in popular culture, and a hero in our house, who professes the same values.

McGruff

Reaction score
I shouldnt be surprised at all the venom in here on this subject, but I kind of am. I guess purity and holiness are the new social pariahs. Players do drugs and hit women and we offers excuses. But God forbid they remain chaste outside of marriage.

myself, inwill pray for Russ and Ciara to hold to their commitment. Its hard as hell to honor marriage, inside or outisde of it, and it takes more than self control. It takes Spirit-control. But I know plenty who have made it and plenty more who want to, and even more who want a second chance to get it right. And I am grateful for second chances.

go Russ, go Ciara, go Seahawks.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Schadie001":1b7sfa0e said:
If he is "Walking the walk", wonderful, but keep your beliefs to yourself. Frankly I'm tired of hearing about the off field antics of all of these guys. They are tools in our toolbox we use on Sunday to hopefully win lots of football games. When the game ends, put em back in the box until next Sunday.
I don't want to hear about who they might be dating, or their favorite sexual position, their religious beliefs, and I sure don't want to hear them crying about being underpaid on a contract they signed one year ago.
How can people who work their butts off 40+ hours a week, and are lucky to bring home $40k a year, spend a lot of time worrying about the qb only making $1.5 mill a year? I doubt he is missing many meals.
It's the product of success I suppose, but I've lost a lot of respect for several of these players. Let's get the season started and relegate the players back to being numbers on the field and what they can do for the fans....

A

Anonymous

:thcoffee:

Folks, a gentle reminder that this forum is PG13, and if one is seeking to share thoughts that have the potential to extend beyond the confines of that rating level, please, by all means, take up the conversation on the same subject in our PWR forum and/or our Smack Shack.

Thanks very much,
HH

McGruff

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":9o1qsl3l said:
No pre-marital sex even after you've been married?? :shock:

Its called forgiveness. Its the central precept of the Christian faith. New starts, new beginnings. Wilson even goes so far as to admit his mistakes above, and share his hurts. But evidently those things are supposed to stain him for life.