Russell Wilson Claims to be Abstaining with Ciara

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This revelation is way more information than I need as a fan. What could possibly be the rationale in publishing this gossip other than some prurient interest designed to be pejorative of RW's credibility or something equivalent? It really represents a new level of salacious lowness in he conversation around Wilson. I could actually care, less and his sexuality is an area that is irrelevant to me as a fan. Ciara is stunning however, and I'd have raging hormonal instincts around her. Maybe their agreement is mutual.

All in all the discussion around Wilson is slowly becoming more bizarre as time goes by. People are moved to dislike him and some are talking about trading him or letting him walk in FA which is nutty stuff. Big contracts like the one that will eventually be signed by RW and Hawks always bring emotional reactions by folks who somehow think that the team needs help or the player is being greedy when there is a market for his services. We need to just let this situation play out and ignore the noise which has now moved into the stupid zone.

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont see why people would be bothered by this...Of all things that's happening in this world, complaining about a guy who choose to abstain from sex, you guys must be stress with you daily lives.

Remember, this is the guy who is going to be our QB for a very long time. No need to poison the well.

AVL

Reaction score
Maybe he is trying to pay attention to a commandment ignored, adultery, take a bow!

I feel like Wilson is constructing a cross to wear, and I don't like it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The thing is, who cares whether he's setting new records for sexual frequency or being abstinent, does it matter a bit? Is the divorce from Ashton final? Is there fault to be found, or some bonus for being celibate?

Has anything changed about Wilson? Is he going to be a worse player this season, or better?

This is to me a non story, but must float someone's boat for it to be news.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3ofb2wqg said:
Poor Russ....he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Most here have him painted into a corner.

Oh I'm sure he's gonna be just fine whether he's damned or not.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Folk acting Hella brand new.
The kid was at a Church, he wasn't on SportsCenter with Steven A. Smith and his twin idiot.
From all accounts Dubb is legit. If it annoys you just watch him play. God bless the youngster...Lord KNOWS it couldn't be me.

rideaducati

Reaction score
With the way she seems to get around, Russell is probably waiting just to make sure there aren't bad things going on that take time to show themselves.

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2wwl5zdl said:
This revelation is way more information than I need as a fan. What could possibly be the rationale in publishing this gossip other than some prurient interest designed to be pejorative of RW's credibility or something equivalent? It really represents a new level of salacious lowness in he conversation around Wilson. I could actually care, less and his sexuality is an area that is irrelevant to me as a fan.

Well, to be fair Jammer, two thoughts come to mind, only one of which is specifically targeted at you . . .

First and most specifically, this "message" Russell shared wasn't really targeted towards football fans. It was shared at a church with a pastor and his congregation. It was a matter of faith, and its intent is NOT to inform fans of Wilson's sexual activities but to encourage other believers in their faith-fueled choices. That it ends up posted on a fan-site is hardly Wilson's fault. Many churches video and release their sermons, but what happens with them after they enter cyber-space is beyond their control.

Secondly and more generally, if people don't want to hear about Russell's dating life, don't click on threads that are obviously about Russell's dating life, like one titled "Russell Wilson Claims to be Abstaining with Ciara."

Not every thread is of interest to every fan, and not every thread needs to be clicked.

Tical21

Reaction score
I really like him doing this. I'm not religious, but morality has slid far enough. It is going to take popular young role models to make it cool to abstain. I really appreciate what he's trying to do.

It's really cool. Not quite coolest ever, cool, but more like Cam Newton plus a little extra, cool.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3in8eiyo said:
jammerhawk":3in8eiyo said:
This revelation is way more information than I need as a fan. What could possibly be the rationale in publishing this gossip other than some prurient interest designed to be pejorative of RW's credibility or something equivalent? It really represents a new level of salacious lowness in he conversation around Wilson. I could actually care, less and his sexuality is an area that is irrelevant to me as a fan.

Well, to be fair Jammer, two thoughts come to mind, only one of which is specifically targeted at you . . .

First and most specifically, this "message" Russell shared wasn't really targeted towards football fans. It was shared at a church with a pastor and his congregation. It was a matter of faith, and its intent is NOT to inform fans of Wilson's sexual activities but to encourage other believers in their faith-fueled choices. That it ends up posted on a fan-site is hardly Wilson's fault. Many churches video and release their sermons, but what happens with them after they enter cyber-space is beyond their control.

Secondly and more generally, if people don't want to hear about Russell's dating life, don't click on threads that are obviously about Russell's dating life, like one titled "Russell Wilson Claims to be Abstaining with Ciara."

Not every thread is of interest to every fan, and not every thread needs to be clicked.

Agree totally!

The 'message' however formed part of a segment on the local sports radio this a.m., and has unfortunately become part of the discussion surrounding Wilson when it was just part of conversation at church. The posting of it now on a fan site shows just how starved the faithful fans are of information about RW when the subject matter is truly irrelevant. The reporting of the 'message' and the posting of it here is truly just salacious gossiping.

My point is: what has changed with Wilson that makes any of this this any more informative about Wilson?

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1fl6anb5 said:
McGruff":1fl6anb5 said:
jammerhawk":1fl6anb5 said:

Agree totally!

The 'message' however formed part of a segment on the local sports radio this a.m., and has unfortunately become part of the discussion surrounding Wilson when it was just part of conversation at church. The posting of it now on a fan site shows just how starved the faithful fans are of information about RW when the subject matter is truly irrelevant. The reporting of the 'message' and the posting of it here is truly just salacious gossiping.

My point is: what has changed with Wilson that makes any of this this any more informative about Wilson?

So it's really more of a critique of the sports media creating stories about celebrity culture instead of reporting on sports? That I can totally agree with. As a Christian who shares Russ' values I l9ve this stuff, but think the reporting of belongs more to a faith based forum or a celebrity culture forum. And most certainly NOT sports radio.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":15702ito said:
So it's really more of a critique of the sports media creating stories about celebrity culture instead of reporting on sports? That I can totally agree with. As a Christian who shares Russ' values I l9ve this stuff, but think the reporting of belongs more to a faith based forum or a celebrity culture forum. And most certainly NOT sports radio.

I agree; this isn't typical sports radio content. But it became so, and people are talking about it. That tells me a couple things.
1. RW's life is news no matter what is happening in it, because he talks big. (I think he's probably a man of his word, too)
2. A sports superstar actually choosing an abstemious lifestyle is strange enough in today's culture to actually get hits and discussion. This wouldn't necessarily have been the case 30 years ago, regardless of who is on his arm.
3. The media knows what will attract attention, and thus felt it worth discussing. It's working. See this thread. :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Russ is going to throw for 8000 yards this year out of sheer frustration of not getting paid and not getting laid.

Rocket

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2wog6eta said:
I have some really cheap beach front property in Montana to sell you.
I grew up there, been all over it and haven't found the beach. Can you send me a link, please? Sounds promising.
( Flathead doesn't count, nor even Georgetown )

Rocket

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ur35a3e said:
It is hard to discuss this post without interjecting religion, but let's at least try.

Doing so is kinda like hammering nails without using a hammer...

Wait...

That would be sexual as well. Oh crap, nevermind.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
What you have in Russel Wilson, great QB , undersized, game manager, pro bowler yada yada yada, one thing we can say for sure is that he's one weird ass dude. All this attention we pay to Kaps little fiascos here and there , maybe best for Russ to just stay at home an shut his mouth. I happy he's a Christian , happy he's gonna get paid, I just cringe when I hear him talk. They should add a muzzle to his helmet. He's a phenomenal QB though. I have no problem admitting that.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Maybe she is the one abstaining until he signs his contract.... Just kidding of course just trying to lighten things up.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I've never understood why people who "save themselves" for marriage and then get a divorce suddenly act like it's free-for-all when they're single again. Is sex something special to be shared only within the confines of matrimony, or not? Russell's way makes more sense to me then, say, Jessica Simpson outspokenly waiting until marriage to have sex but then getting a divorce, and having tons of flings and eventually babies outside of marriage.

That being said, I assume Russ is secretly gay or something. :lol I thought Wendy Williams nailed it when she said she didn't believe those two were a couple at all.