Russell Wilson has royal ancestry

TravTex

Reaction score
Apparently, my people were Viking raiders who got all up in northern Scotland then had to resort to sexytime with the Picts. Some accounts have my surname coming from a slur referencing this. "Hey, Pictf'er!"

So, Wilson's got me, there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":8knyfcm8 said:
chris98251":8knyfcm8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":8knyfcm8 said:
vin.couve12":8knyfcm8 said:
Well at least this didn't turn into a worship fest like I thought it would. A lot of people have "royal" or the like in their lineage. Most of the elite throughout history were entitled swine that sharted on most things and had sex with everything else so it's not surprising.

The Shawn Kemp comment made this topic well worth the read though. :lol:
Vin, I'm American and unfortunately not the 1%. I'm doing my best to change that. But the point is I believe IF YOU expect to move up you work it. It brings surprisingly awesome results, seriously.

I've always thought Canada is similar in this ethos?

Canuckville is pretty much the same but Vin needs to go 308.5 miles north to experience it :)
He's American? Really? If so, he's almost as disappointing as Pe. Hey, Pe it should shock you that I actually like you despite you being a punk and a man. I'd think about that carefully . Just my opinion mind. Every day that passes your kind worries me less and less but that's your problem at this point not mine.

I've never even been to Canada. I've seent it...looked across a Straight and what not, but that's aboot it.

The two "Vancouvers" are kind of an interesting tale. It was almost British spite back in the day, IMO. Once upon a time a guy named Dr. McGloughlin had essential control of hundreds of forts from the Orgeon territory on the "Mexican" (California) border all the way north through Alaska. There were many that wanted the good Doctor to secede (He was British originally) and create a new territory. He didn't and was talked out of it by an American politician who would later become Governor or Oregon (Oh, I'm sure that wasn't planned :sarcasm_on: ) while the Doc essentially retired with his Native wife in Oregon City. Washington was then what was referred to as the disputed territory. England had some measure of control, but eventually this disputed territory became a numbers game. The Red Raiders then come into play and Americans go to Washington in droves with a statement backing them that said, "54 40 or Die!"

Or something like that. This is kind of like Drunk History here except not really drunk per se.

Anyway, Vancouver, WA is the oldest permanent non-native settlement in the NW. I obviously hold no ill will to my northern neighbors in what was almost an extension of the Revolutionary War, in some contexts. That was all old world nonsense that has nothing to do with either of us, of course. I'd actually love to go someday and also see Victoria. I think you'd literally have to try.....to hate on Canada.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Vancouver WA is an interesting place for sure. Thanks for the background history of the city and the PNW. Some I knew already. Some I didn't, especially the Vancouver part. Thanks again because I love learning and history. If I get both it's awesome.

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3b21iyzx said:
MizzouHawkGal":3b21iyzx said:
He's American? Really? If so, he's almost as disappointing as Pe. Hey, Pe it should shock you that I actually like you despite you being a punk and a man. I'd think about that carefully . Just my opinion mind. Every day that passes your kind worries me less and less but that's your problem at this point not mine.

What?

Wait, what? Im confused. Who and what did I do to this poster? Random.

I can't even fathom the tantrum by mods if I randomly put a poster on blast like this. HoustonHawk would fly to my house and confiscate my phone.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Nearly everyone of European ancestry is related to royalty.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":acu63iwn said:
MizzouHawkGal":acu63iwn said:

What?

WJzFHMT

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
vin.couve12":12e8gje8 said:
I've never even been to Canada. I've seent it...looked across a Straight and what not, but that's aboot it.

The two "Vancouvers" are kind of an interesting tale. It was almost British spite back in the day, IMO. Once upon a time a guy named Dr. McGloughlin had essential control of hundreds of forts from the Orgeon territory on the "Mexican" (California) border all the way north through Alaska. There were many that wanted the good Doctor to secede (He was British originally) and create a new territory. He didn't and was talked out of it by an American politician who would later become Governor or Oregon (Oh, I'm sure that wasn't planned :sarcasm_on: ) while the Doc essentially retired with his Native wife in Oregon City. Washington was then what was referred to as the disputed territory. England had some measure of control, but eventually this disputed territory became a numbers game. The Red Raiders then come into play and Americans go to Washington in droves with a statement backing them that said, "54 40 or Die!"

Or something like that. This is kind of like Drunk History here except not really drunk per se.

Anyway, Vancouver, WA is the oldest permanent non-native settlement in the NW. I obviously hold no ill will to my northern neighbors in what was almost an extension of the Revolutionary War, in some contexts. That was all old world nonsense that has nothing to do with either of us, of course. I'd actually love to go someday and also see Victoria. I think you'd literally have to try.....to hate on Canada.

I believe the term is "54-40 or fight. " I seem to remember that from 35 years ago in high school. oops....36 years ago...I could be wrong I suppose. Readin, riting, and sumfin else.
:3-1:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3a4nzqb5 said:
vin.couve12":3a4nzqb5 said:

I believe the term is "54-40 or fight. " I seem to remember that from 35 years ago in high school. oops....36 years ago...I could be wrong I suppose. Readin, riting, and sumfin else.

No, you're definitely right. My fault....

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Vetamur":f2ymjybn said:
Nearly everyone of European ancestry is related to royalty.
So true.
My ancestry is 100% European and I did trace a line all the way back to William I(the conqueror-who has viking ancestry), King Stephen, Dutch royalty, Scottish royalty and a king of France, plus more viking lines, etc..
So, yeah...quite common since I come from 'common' folk who were immigrants between 1850-early 1900s as did many thousands of others.
Genealogy is fascinating to me but my ancestry is rather common so therefore nothing special since everyone else of European descent has it too.
My son was bummed out that I didn't have any Roman ancestry. He's kinda obsessed Roman history but he did think the Viking thing was kinda cool though.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Ancestry research is huge where I live (Utah), and my token line when someone gleans something super special about their lineage is: "Yeah, I have 1,028 great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents, too."

zhawk

Reaction score
To preface my statement, I'm a big Wilson fan. So, do we address him as King Russell or King Wilson? :stirthepot:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2w7k6ltw said:
peachesenregalia":2w7k6ltw said:
MizzouHawkGal":2w7k6ltw said:

What?

WJzFHMT
Was also my reaction, until I deciphered the message.

Pe has so disgusted Mizzou that soon there will be a Caitlyn Jenner type transformation. I have bolded, underlined, and itialicized the smoking phrase.

Kudos to you for your courage, Mizzou. Being done with men forever is the right move.

pehawk

Reaction score
Someone is angling for a Jimmy V courage award.

253hawk

Reaction score
Who had the avatar with smug Russ wearing an MS Paint crown?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1wtzh07v said:
vin.couve12":1wtzh07v said:

The 3 'R's Readin, Riting and Rithmatic, = Proper edgeukashun

CANHawk

Reaction score
I am a direct disendent of Mayor McCheese.

Also, my Canadian Vancouver is about 100 times better than the smelly American one.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CANHawk":3rslxpcc said:
I am a direct disendent of Mayor McCheese.

Also, my Canadian Vancouver is about 100 times better than the smelly American one.
That's the paper mill in Camas, directly east of Vancouver, WA.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
CANHawk":117zvk1q said:

The 'couv is a pretty bland, no doubt. But at least I don't have to lock my doors when the Canucks lose a game.