Russell Wilson is a glorified game manager

Mojambo

Reaction score
Seahawks fans have been spoiled rotten. And now they're acting like petulant little brats because things aren't going exactly their way.

It's kind of disgusting.

kearly

Reaction score
dopeboy206":308rqwtb said:
kearly":308rqwtb said:
This thread makes Hawk fans look bad.

So it's sad to share our opinion? So u prefer us to fake it and pretend like everything is good? My views doesn't represent every fan and I think it's sad you feel that. I am more sad we could of gain one game in the division not to mention other teams in the playoff picture also lost and we could of gained some ground there too.

Wilson is nowhere even remotely near a true game manager QB, its the kind of thing east coast idiots have said for years because they don't actually watch the Hawks play games. Wilson led the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks from 2012-2014, and posted one of the highest YPA and explosive play numbers in the league during that time. He is generally safe with the football but otherwise he's nothing like a true game manager.

Its nothing personal against the OP, but hearing a Hawks fan call Wilson a game manager is a bad look, it's basically admitting that the east coast dummies were right all along (even though they aren't). Might as well toss in the cliches about Pete's rah rah coaching not working in the NFL.

Crizilla

Reaction score
lobohawk":2xewwfya said:
Crizilla":2xewwfya said:
If it is indeed true that Wilson really wanted to be the highest paid QB, then his greed and hubris has caught up to him. He has a lot of work to do

Good thing he's only the 19th highest paid QB in the NFL. That's even after his new contract, so yeah....his greed is destroying this team. :roll:

2nd highest contract behind rodgers. Either way. Right now, i don't know if Wilson is worth that much. Reports were that Wilson wanted to be the highest paid.....no idea if that was actually true. I hope not. I feel like Wilson is a little lost in his fame right now.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2l8dnsru said:
kearly":2l8dnsru said:
Agreed.

Agreed. He is having a bad year, he will fix it I am sure. Fans seem to turn on Wilson so fast not sure why. I have not seen Lynch do much this year but not many jump on him(not that I am, I think the O-line is why he is not producing and injuries) but Wilson bashing train is full.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2f7wys64 said:
Sports Hernia":2f7wys64 said:
kearly":2f7wys64 said:
Agreed.

Look who's talking, man.

There's five threads each week saying much worst about our coaches. Five threads YOU are happy to participate in and encourage, but someone has a negative opinion about Russell and now you think it makes us look bad?

I guess I fail to see where one is acceptable and the other is not.
Hello you said something negative about RW . That's a HUGE no no around here !

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":34oeoq7s said:
Sports Hernia":34oeoq7s said:
kearly":34oeoq7s said:
Agreed.

Look who's talking, man.

There's five threads each week saying much worst about our coaches. Five threads YOU are happy to participate in and encourage, but someone has a negative opinion about Russell and now you think it makes us look bad?

I guess I fail to see where one is acceptable and the other is not.
Agreed

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
kearly":25cmldbw said:

You're right. The OP is all over Sportscenter and NFL Network right now and they're having a field day with it.
Of course it's also gone viral on youtube. :34853_doh:

Really, outside of us, maybe a few Cards fans are here to bask in our misery. Wouldn't blame them either.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":2ma211w4 said:
Seahawks fans have been spoiled rotten. And now they're acting like petulant little brats because things aren't going exactly their way.

It's kind of disgusting.
It's been going on all season. I really think that some people can't handle success ... or the unrealistic expectations that result from that success.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson is not a glorified game manager, however feel free to put some of the blame on RW for yesterday

For a long time I've resisted the thinking that it was on RW, even though I wondered after the Lions game if it was on him, to explain why the O wasn't working this season.

Yesterday RW was consistently inconsistent, often off target, missing open guys, not seeing open receivers, was often making bad decisions, while being bad with ball security. All game long there was only one series where he seemed 'on' the whole series. To me he had his worst game of the year.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
So, Aaron Rodgers sits for the first three years he was in the league before he even sniffed the field. Russell Wilson has been to two superbowls and won one lost one behind a great defensive team.

Please explain to me what you expect Wilson to do with a horrible O-line, middling receivers, a pass catching TE who doesn't block, a running back who is injured every week, and an OC that may have trouble spelling his own name.

I am surprised that this topic even comes up since the only person that seems to keep plays alive is Russell Wilson. Do you actually believe that if Russ had the best OL in the NFL he would be the same QB? If Wilson has time in the pocket and it doesn't actually collapse, he threads the ball almost every time.

I know how many Superbowls we would have gone to without RW, zero.

This topic is looking for things that are wrong with the only thing that is right on this team.

OL sucks, TE sucks, OC sucks and defense sucks when they are out on the field for 40 minutes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
dopeboy206":rds5jxxp said:
Take off your Seahawks glasses and look at it without bias.

Opening statements like that don't actually do anything for your point.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Go look at Tom Brady's 2003 season and tell me that Russell Wilson is a glorified game manager. Brady had six games with zero passing TDs that season and won a super bowl while posting a passer rating below 80 in seven games (worst being a passer rating of 22.5).

Brady 2003
http://pfref.com/tiny/h7DDO

CR8Ygp8

Wilson 2015
http://pfref.com/tiny/3ZEux

QBcSfdv

It's completely justified to question the play of a highly paid quarterback when his performance (or lack thereof) dictates it but some of the things that are thrown around here are beyond absurd.

I yell at the television as much as the next guy when he screws up but seriously, it's like some of the people around here think that franchise quarterbacks don't have bad games.

evergreen

Reaction score
Every seahawk game RW ha played in the Hawks had a lead. That's some kind of game manager. But make no mistake he is not very special right now for some reason. He misses the throws he used to make and doesn't get the big runs anymore. i'm sure some of it is scheming. But when he bootlegs takes a look and fires, it used almost always be a TD or big gain. Not so much anymore...Plus he's been kinda stinky at the ends of games.
But it could be those are just real good teams that were highly motivated to beat us...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Laloosh":yt510mf9 said:
I yell at the television as much as the next guy when he screws up but seriously, it's like some of the people around here think that franchise quarterbacks don't have bad games.

It's a good thing that we aren't Bronco fans!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Laloosh":hjaj134j said:

Great points, and to add to it...people forget what it was like before Wilson got here. Despite Wilson's bad play at times, he still comes up with some amazing plays in every single game that keep the Hawks in a position to win the game. He's better than anyone else we are going to get, and many NFL fans would kill to have a QB like Wilson on their QB-needy teams.

djb28

Reaction score
My father is a Vikings fan and when the news came that Bevell was headed for Seattle he said to me. "Enjoy the mess that will become your offense." For what it's worth,Our offense is a mess.

Largent80

Reaction score
RW is so far better than a game manager. I guess setting records in his first 2 years spoiled some people. I hate threads like this.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
djb28":25l5hsqo said:
My father is a Vikings fan and when the news came that Bevell was headed for Seattle he said to me. "Enjoy the mess that will become your offense." For what it's worth,Our offense is a mess.

Yeah but I bet he didn't have much to say in 2012 and 2013 when our Offense was looking pretty dang good.