Russell Wilson is a glorified game manager

mrt144

Reaction score
Largent80":1gglrg5h said:
RW is so far better than a game manager. I guess setting records in his first 2 years spoiled some people. I hate threads like this.

Ignores past 3 years when the opposite has been shown.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Crizilla":2bmo58it said:
lobohawk":2bmo58it said:
Crizilla":2bmo58it said:
If it is indeed true that Wilson really wanted to be the highest paid QB, then his greed and hubris has caught up to him. He has a lot of work to do

Good thing he's only the 19th highest paid QB in the NFL. That's even after his new contract, so yeah....his greed is destroying this team. :roll:

2nd highest contract behind rodgers. Either way. Right now, i don't know if Wilson is worth that much. Reports were that Wilson wanted to be the highest paid.....no idea if that was actually true. I hope not. I feel like Wilson is a little lost in his fame right now.

Make sure you talk about it in average per year while ignoring guaranteed percentage, bad structures (Flacco), or how the next eight guys trailing him in average per year are all within $2 million.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mrt144":1xw9os7g said:
Largent80":1xw9os7g said:
RW is so far better than a game manager. I guess setting records in his first 2 years spoiled some people. I hate threads like this.

Are you saying he hasn't set records the past 3 years? Because I don't know what the opposite of Largent's statement would be otherwise.

In that case, you're obviously wrong.

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkFan72":bzpf58tg said:
mrt144":bzpf58tg said:
Largent80":bzpf58tg said:

Are you saying he hasn't set records the past 3 years? Because I don't know what the opposite of Largent's statement would be otherwise.

I'm saying the OP is ignoring the past 3 years where he's clearly led the team to win through his own play making.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mrt144":1olvc0bp said:
HawkFan72":1olvc0bp said:
mrt144":1olvc0bp said:
Largent80":1olvc0bp said:

I'm saying the OP is ignoring the past 3 years where he's clearly led the team to win through his own play making.

So you were responding more to the OP and agreeing with Largent. Got it.

Seymour

Reaction score
-1 for me.
I believe what we are seeing is Russell being reduced to that level with a poor oline and SB nightmare that hasn't gone away. Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck are having similar issues with lousy olines as well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BTW - OP you could have simply created a poll rather than trying to do this +1, -1 thing.

Donk70

Reaction score
You know, back in the day, Russell wouldnt have taken off for a mini vacation on a biweek, or went to costume party. Hell, the guy had to be made to take a honeymoon.

I seriously don't think he's working like he used to. He's went all Hollywood.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":3o79u0w7 said:
-1 for me.
I believe what we are seeing is Russell being reduced to that level with a poor oline and SB nightmare that hasn't gone away. Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck are having similar issues with lousy olines as well.

Except that all three QBs you just mentioned have had bad OL's for a long time now and it hasn't stopped them.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
djb28":160bv2z4 said:
My father is a Vikings fan and when the news came that Bevell was headed for Seattle he said to me. "Enjoy the mess that will become your offense." For what it's worth,Our offense is a mess.
And your father has never enjoyed watching a Super Bowl winning team. By the way, the Vikes haven't progressed as far in the playoffs as they did when Bevell was there

Tical21

Reaction score
Let's clarify here....what is a game manager?

Brees was a game manager. Brady was a game manager. Ben was a game manager. Then they get so good at managing the game that they no longer are considered a game manager, is that it?

justafan

Reaction score
No he is a playmaker when he is out of the pocket playing sandlot ball.It looks to me that people want him to become a game manager.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":wmei649z said:
Seymour":wmei649z said:
-1 for me.

Except that all three QBs you just mentioned have had bad OL's for a long time now and it hasn't stopped them.

Agree. Until they went from bad to worse that is.

dutchman063

Reaction score
shit, i knew this 3 years ago, anyone that couldnt see that it was our defense that was bringing us the wins was in denial or just drinkin the koolaid

Giblien

Reaction score
Wilson absolutely has some flaws that need to be addressed. Ex. finding his open receivers down field at times, holding onto the ball WAAAAAY too long at times. However, I think calling him a glorified game manager forgets some spectacular performances he has had in the past (Chicago 2012 for example). Let's not forget this line is REALLY bad and there is always Bevell. He's no Brady, Manning or Rodgers, but he is more than a game manager. Come on.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We just went to back to back superbowls with a game manager, so call him what you want, but all he does is win (except this year).

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Wilson misses too many wide open receivers to be a franchise QB. He's also unable to carry a team on his back when it's needed. Also, he's beginning to fail way too often in the 4th quarter when he has a chance to drive for the go ahead/GW score. He's already regressing in year 4. It's turning out to be a huge mistake that the FO signed him to that huge deal.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
He's had so many miraculous comebacks in the past and games where he literally just willed the team to victory with his legs and clutch deep throws that it's just mystifying and deeply troubling watching his struggles this year. A "game manager" description is a bit unjustified given everything he's accomplished, but the fear that his game could devolve into RGIII, Kaep status is warranted.

He's gun-shy, throwing frequently too high, seemingly never keeping on the RO, forcing the ball in other situations and overall just constantly "off." I don't know what the primary reason is, whether it's all the hits he's taken, the constant pressure in his face, if he feels more pressure to succeed on his own because of the contract and is pressing too much or whether it's intangible factors-is he distracted because of his woman or his brand? (a legitimate question) Is his head completely in the game? Is his work ethic the same as it's always been? I don't know but I know that in this league it doesn't take long at all for a player to hit the apex or to collapse just as quickly. It's up to him to get back on track.

hawker232

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is not Tom Brady. You can't expect him to produce at the high level we are used to without the same supporting cast we are used to. The inconsistent play from Jimmy and the injuries inflicted on Marshawn undoubtedly effect Wilson's production. Not to mention the fact he's on track to be sacked more than ever before. With slow receivers who fail to gain separation and a poor offensive line who, for the most part, fails to pass protect, we can expect much of the same out of #3. While he holds some responsibility for the teams lack of success, he certaintly hasn't succumb to the label of a "glorified game manager".