Russell Wilson new career highs for passing TDs & QB rating

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll take the opinion of a hall of famer over any fan, any day......
Really gonna' be fun to watch Mahomes grow as a player, he is so damn talented.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":2uclklfu said:
Elite.

3rd best QB in 2018 according to HOF QB Kurt Warner. :irishdrinkers:

You have to remember he needs his wife's approval before he says anything :p

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":w40oibho said:
Elite.

I think he is spot on with this ranking.

Brees and Mahomes both have an incredible offensive supporting cast. They play behind great offensive lines. They are surrounded by multiple offensive Pro Bowlers. Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce are amazing weapons. But that shouldn’t take anything away from them. They are both great players worthy of MVP consideration.

Wilson’s best offensive weapon, Doug Baldwin, has been playing hurt the entire season. Tyler Lockett had a breakout season, but is probably still a notch below those other top playmakers. The offensive line, while improved, is beat up and allowing sacks at the highest rate of Wilson’s career. Yet, Wilson still managed the most efficient season of his career.

This is also a good time to demonstrate the massive disparity in accuracy between QB rating and ESPN’s ridiculous total QBR metric.

Good ol’ QB rating:
1. Drew Brees —115.7
2. Patrick Mahomes — 113.8
3. Russell Wilson — 110.9

Now take a look at whom is ranked #3 in ESPN’s joke QBR:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Drum roll please . . . Mitch Trubisky is ranked #3 in the NFL by them. Trubisky is 16th in actual QB rating, which seems about right. Meanwhile, Russell Wilson is ranked #11 in their joke of a rating system.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, he has had over 200 FEWER throws than Luck and has only 2 less TD passes. His efficiency this year if off the charts. Nobody in media seems to ever want to bring up the FACTS.

CPHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3ift2muq said:
This is actually what I expected from him PENDING that we returned to being a bully running team. This could not happen if we were a passing team. Kudos to Pete for finally seeing it again after 2 and a half years of trying to be something that doesn't fit.

Hard to be a running team when the OL sucks and your RB are either hurt or suck also.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":7x1wqady said:
Seymour":7x1wqady said:
Elite.

Brees and Mahomes both have an incredible offensive supporting cast. They play behind great offensive lines. They are surrounded by multiple offensive Pro Bowlers. Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce are amazing weapons. But that shouldn’t take anything away from them. They are both great players worthy of MVP consideration.

Wilson’s best offensive weapon, Doug Baldwin, has been playing hurt the entire season. Tyler Lockett had a breakout season, but is probably still a notch below those other top playmakers. The offensive line, while improved, is beat up and allowing sacks at the highest rate of Wilson’s career. Yet, Wilson still managed the most efficient season of his career.

This is also a good time to demonstrate the massive disparity in accuracy between QB rating and ESPN’s ridiculous total QBR metric.

Good ol’ QB rating:
1. Drew Brees —115.7

Drum roll please . . . Mitch Trubisky is ranked #3 in the NFL by them.
Trubisky is 16th in actual QB rating, which seems about right. Meanwhile, Russell Wilson is ranked #11 in their joke of a rating system.

And notice that Winston is 8 places higher than Rodgers on that? :shock:

ESPN will ride that ridiculous system to their grave.....where they belong IMO. :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thx Roland, I do that way too often. Oh wait, I do that way "to" often. I hope we don't "loose" on Saturday :lol:

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Russell Wilson finished with the #1 passer rating on 3rd downs (which does not include sacks).

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1080865608420524033[/tweet]

Wilson has the #2 passer rating on play action (Brees is #1), #3 overall passer rating, #3 passer rating in the pocket, and #4 passer rating under pressure.

John63

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1pmvtgun said:
Seymour":1pmvtgun said:
Elite.

Good ol’ QB rating:
1. Drew Brees —115.7

Drum roll please . . . Mitch Trubisky is ranked #3 in the NFL by them. Trubisky is 16th in actual QB rating, which seems about right. Meanwhile, Russell Wilson is ranked #11 in their joke of a rating system.

ESPNs QBR is not a real measuring stick, it is very subjective. I have a friend who works for ESPN and is involved with this, he said that someone looks at every play of every game a QB plays and decides what is good, what is bad, what is hard what is easy, what is on the QB, what is not. It is mostly, all based on that person's opinion. Of course, they do take some stats into account, but most of it is the opinion of the person reviewing the plays. One of the reasons I hate this measuring point as it is very subjective, my friend said one person doing the reviewing gave a Qb a bad rating and was bragging it was just because he hated that team (GB). It is basically one step above the eye test which is ridiculous.

John63

Reaction score
hawknation2018":atdmu119 said:
Russell Wilson finished with the #1 passer rating on 3rd downs (which does not include sacks).

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1080865608420524033[/tweet]

Wilson has the #2 passer rating on play action (Brees is #1), #3 overall passer rating, #3 passer rating in the pocket, and #4 passer rating under pressure.

He is a STUD open and shut.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Someone in the media making excuses for why Russ is so good, other than his own talent, in 3....2.....1......