Russell Wilson: passing problems

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
When The Beast pounds the rock, and RW sneaks for long greenage, this will help loosen up the passing lanes and if, if we can get some open WR's in the flat.... will do wonders for RW's confidence.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
pmedic920":sm1c1oqt said:
9-0 vs Super Bowl winning QBs.

Not too bad if you ask me.
:{)

W vs L is the only statistic that REALLY matters.
You know who else has a winning record in the NFL? Tim Tebow. I'm not saying that Wilson is Tebow, because obviously Wilson is a much better passer.

Winning is all fine and dandy, but when you're struggling against the trash of the NFL something has got to change, and quick. We cannot expect to win against the better teams in the NFL with this kind of production in the passing game. Russell Wilson is obviously struggling right now, unless he rights his ship we're going to be in for a rude awakening when we play the likes of the 49ers, the Cardinals etc.

TCHawkfan

Reaction score
While it is a fact that RW has only won 1 SB (in 2 seasons), he did win a SB with his abilities and style of play. Peyton the Great has led the universe in passing for eternity and has won 1 SB... Cut the kid some slack :roll:

Jacknut16

Reaction score
TCHawkfan":1banirg9 said:
While it is a fact that RW has only won 1 SB (in 2 seasons), he did win a SB with his abilities and style of play. Peyton the Great has led the universe in passing for eternity and has won 1 SB... Cut the kid some slack :roll:

Peyton manning never had anything close to the 2013 hawks defense

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Cartire":1k5cr0ds said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1k5cr0ds said:
pmedic920":1k5cr0ds said:

Cherry picking statistics is fun, right?

Anyone calling W/L records a cherry picked stat clearly only watches the NFL for fantasy reasons.

Well, I hate to break the bad news, but I do not play fantasy football. Now, grab a cloth to clean that egg from your face.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2bjt54jh said:
SonicHawk":2bjt54jh said:
I'm sorry, W/L is a cherry picked stat to anyone with half a brain. Yes, it's important, and RW's ability to win should be counted as a bonus and a stat that matters, but it doesn't overcome his recent lack of ability to throw the ball on a consistent basis.

I don't know what the solution is, but we seem to be getting by with handing the ball to Lynch and then optioning for a RW run. Doug Baldwin has done an excellent job as well even though his numbers werent that good yesterday.

In the grand scheme of things, how is it cherry picked? If we keep winning, and make it to another Owl, and win it yet again while looking ugly, is it still cherry picked? I just don't get the reasoning behind this line of thought. Winning is the only thing that matters in the NFL, no matter how pretty, or ugly, those wins are. You can look great all season and still lose it in the end *cough* Donkeys! *cough*.

Because the poster that I responded to clearly only referenced a meaningless W/L statistic. 9-0 against former Superbowl winning QB's really only matters if it happened this season, correct? Otherwise it has no bearing on that QB's play in this current season. It hasn't, and therefore is a meaningless and cherry picked statistic.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3iojkyza said:
OkieHawk":3iojkyza said:
SonicHawk":3iojkyza said:
I'm sorry, W/L is a cherry picked stat to anyone with half a brain. Yes, it's important, and RW's ability to win should be counted as a bonus and a stat that matters, but it doesn't overcome his recent lack of ability to throw the ball on a consistent basis.

I don't know what the solution is, but we seem to be getting by with handing the ball to Lynch and then optioning for a RW run. Doug Baldwin has done an excellent job as well even though his numbers werent that good yesterday.

In the grand scheme of things, how is it cherry picked? If we keep winning, and make it to another Owl, and win it yet again while looking ugly, is it still cherry picked? I just don't get the reasoning behind this line of thought. Winning is the only thing that matters in the NFL, no matter how pretty, or ugly, those wins are. You can look great all season and still lose it in the end *cough* Donkeys! *cough*.

Because the poster that I responded to clearly only referenced a meaningless W/L statistic. 9-0 against former Superbowl winning QB's really only matters if it happened this season, correct? Otherwise it has no bearing on that QB's play in this current season. It hasn't, and therefore is a meaningless and cherry picked statistic.

I didn't feel that they used that as the metric, merely that they were stating that only wins matter. Maybe I read into it too much. :Dunno:

AgentDib

Reaction score
The only thing that matters in the future is wins. However, lots of stuff matters from the past because it gives us a more accurate projection of future wins. Past wins/losses are only one of a hundred variables and it doesn't make sense to overvalue them.

Cartire

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":o6ylrtqq said:
Cartire":o6ylrtqq said:
CurryStopstheRuns":o6ylrtqq said:
pmedic920":o6ylrtqq said:

Cherry picking statistics is fun, right?

Anyone calling W/L records a cherry picked stat clearly only watches the NFL for fantasy reasons.

Well, I hate to break the bad news, but I do not play fantasy football. Now, grab a cloth to clean that egg from your face.

Hahaha. Why would there be egg on my face? I dont care if you play fantasy. Youre the one that said something ridiculous, not me.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I hate when Qb stats are displayed like Peyton vs Brady, they both play on offense...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Cartire":srckdvoz said:
Hahaha. Why would there be egg on my face? I dont care if you play fantasy. Youre the one that said something ridiculous, not me.

Actually, since I referenced a poster that cherry picked a w/l statistic and was correct in that he definitely cherry picked it, and you responded that only fantasy geeks would see that as a cherry picked stat. Since I do not play fantasy football, then not only did the poster that I am referring to say something ridiculous, but you did as well. Hence the egg. Now wipe it off before you look as ridiculous as you sound.

TCHawkfan

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2e8yhya9 said:
TCHawkfan":2e8yhya9 said:

Peyton manning never had anything close to the 2013 hawks defense

SB48 would suggest that even with "our defense" Peyton still could not have won. :D

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson's passing was that bad yesterday. Yes he had 2 ints and 0 TDs...but he could've had passing TDs if the running game wasn't completely unstoppable. He also made some nice throws.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
fenderbender123":19s12xug said:
I don't think Wilson's passing was that bad yesterday. Yes he had 2 ints and 0 TDs...but he could've had passing TDs if the running game wasn't completely unstoppable. He also made some nice throws.
:13: To add, the number of pass attempts proves what Fender is saying. The rushing offense was so dominating that there were fewer attempts to pass. They decide to go with what was working. They made the right choice to do that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Richardson needs to come back and knock that ball down. I know it's so hard to do for some people, but sometimes you can actually tip your cap to the defense. He made a hell of a play, and Richardson made a weak attempt to stop it. Unlike the Denver game when Lockette saved a pick 6, and then scored a TD in the same drive.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I just finished watching the game and fail to see any serious issues from our QB. He was still out there making clutch plays and there was such an obsessive focus on the run that I doubt there were enough pass attempts to establish any kind of rythm.
Every QB in the league has bad games, but the minute RW has one peeps with super-short memories come out from the woodwork saying how they're 'not going to crown him' as this or that. Sounds like subjective likes/dislikes and personal preferences floating to the surface.

byau

Reaction score
I see some serious issues. He wasn't on target with his passes. It was especially evident in the two picks, had he thrown the passes leading his receivers they would have caught them without any problems. There was a lot of field space available. Russell threw two bad passes in those instances. That's something an avg QB might do, not someone who would be in the top echelon of QBs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet they won 3 games in a row. He's playing in the pouring rain. My god people love drama sometimes.
So he's not going 30 for 35 with 700 yards and 9 touchdowns.
He sucks :roll:

And by the way, the perfect mighty Peyton Manning had 12 INCOMPLETE passes vs. the Raiders in the first half yesterday. TWELVE, against the 0-8 Raiders. That's not something an "upper echelon QB does"

Latest posts