Russell Wilson sets deadline for new contract

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3gjohpt4 said:
Trrrroy":3gjohpt4 said:
It seems like a purposeful attempt to be unreasonable. If he wanted a new deal with the Hawks he'd give his agent and the team as much time as possible to get it done. I get the sense he is hoping to get franchised. The longer he waits for a new deal the more he gets paid in today's market.

Maybe he wants the distraction over?

If he actually thought that a deal could get done by the deadline? Sure. But he and his agent have to know that is unlikely at best. My bet is that Wilson is betting on himself and using this as an excuse to prolong contract talks into next offseason, and likely the franchise tag.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":15bp5aqp said:
Seymour":15bp5aqp said:
RCATES":15bp5aqp said:
Seymour":15bp5aqp said:
Actually we don't all "know" he can be downright terrible...you and a couple others "know" that.

Wilson can be human, but his numbers don't lie and the word terrible used to describe him are ridiculous.

Last 8 playoff games
144-233
15TD 10 INT
This includes last years Elite performance against Dallas 18-27 1TD

You're right numbers don't lie. I'd rather see this team pick up a rookie for low money and stack the Defense like they did when they were winning playoff games. Signing Wilson to that much money will get us 9-7, 10-6 and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs the next 5 years. Sounds exciting.

I know you would. It shows in every Wilson post of yours. One small glitch in your plan. It took us 36 flippin' years to find that "special rookie" that could lead this team like he did. So your plan in theory will only take another 36 years to come to fruition. :roll:

You're right Matt H. was terrible :roll:
If you think Wilson was the reason we won a SB I have bad news for you. I can tell you he was the reason we lost the 2nd.

What the heck you talkin' about??
You said pick up a rookie QB. Hassellbeck was NOT a rookie we got him from the Packers! Look it up. Jeese...bounce around much?

Ya, I know. You said it once before and others remember also. "Hassellbeck is twice the QB that Wilson is". :177692:

Largent80

Reaction score
I doubt that the deadline has anything to do with the timing of the draft..... :sarcasm_off:

Bottom line is, they could do anything they want because right now they (Hawks) are in the drivers seat, but it sure would be nice to get this over with sooner than later.

James in PA

Reaction score
I love artificial deadlines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
2_0_6":2tm77lo0 said:
It would need to take more than two first rounder's (#6 & #17) to even think about letting him go. At the very minimum I would also want next year's first as well. Russ is far from perfect, but he is the best QB this franchise has ever seen and guys like him don't come around very often. Pay the man.

What the few people who are dragging Wilson down are into telling you is now QB is perfect everyone has a couple of bad games a year.

Brady had 3 games with a QB rating under 80 this last season, Wilson only had 2

Brady playoff run included a great 3 ints and 2 td.

Those that love to focus on the negatives forget every QB has them, including the supposedly GOAT Tom Brady

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":5y59llbs said:
Seymour":5y59llbs said:
RCATES":5y59llbs said:
If Giants are really offering both of their 1st rounders I'd be all over that. We all know Wilson at times can be special. But he also can be downright terrible. The last few years have had many more games of the latter. He's regressed. If Seahawks hand him 35+ a year forget about returning to the SB. I'd let him and Clark both walk. Let some other team make that mistake.

Actually we don't all "know" he can be downright terrible...you and a couple others "know" that.

Wilson can be human, but his numbers don't lie and the word terrible used to describe him are ridiculous.

Last 8 playoff games
144-233
15TD 10 INT

You're right numbers don't lie. I'd rather see this team pick up a rookie for low money and stack the Defense like they did when they were winning playoff games. Signing Wilson to that much money will get us 9-7, 10-6 and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs the next 5 years. Sounds exciting.

That amount of money is not nearly the crippling amount of cash that rumors are painting it as. You can sign him to that much and still obtain plenty of other talent.

Also, I love the weasel-worded implication that Wilson had no part in winning those older playoff games.

RCATES

Reaction score
John63":3ee34qbp said:
2_0_6":3ee34qbp said:
It would need to take more than two first rounder's (#6 & #17) to even think about letting him go. At the very minimum I would also want next year's first as well. Russ is far from perfect, but he is the best QB this franchise has ever seen and guys like him don't come around very often. Pay the man.

What the few people who are dragging Wilson down are into telling you is now QB is perfect everyone has a couple of bad games a year.

Those that love to focus on the negatives forget every QB has them, including the supposedly GOAT Tom Brady

You can have those type of games when you have won 6 SB's. If the opposing team says we're stopping your run game and forcing your QB to beat us. Brady will drive his team up and down the field at will with mediocre receivers. We have seen Wilson in the same situation. Much different outcome. Wilson is not that type of QB. He relies on the running game to compliment his skill set. Without it Hawks are doomed. Plenty of QB's out there that can compliment a great running game and defense. Not going to cost you near $35+ a year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":2gyzijra said:
Seymour":2gyzijra said:
RCATES":2gyzijra said:
Seymour":2gyzijra said:

Last 8 playoff games
144-233
15TD 10 INT

I know you would. It shows in every Wilson post of yours. One small glitch in your plan. It took us 36 flippin' years to find that "special rookie" that could lead this team like he did. So your plan in theory will only take another 36 years to come to fruition. :roll:

If you think Wilson was the reason we won a SB I have bad news for you. I can tell you he was the reason we lost the 2nd.
The "Bad News" as you call it, is that the LOB is the actual culprits, and the BIGGEST reason that the Seahawks lost that game, they let Brady (the Patriots Franchise Quarterback) rack up 10 quick points, & regain the lead.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2xbo0isp said:
RCATES":2xbo0isp said:
Seymour":2xbo0isp said:
RCATES":2xbo0isp said:
Last 8 playoff games
144-233
15TD 10 INT

The "Bad News" as you call it, is that the LOB is the actual culprits, and the BIGGEST reason that the Seahawks lost that game, they let Brady (the Patriots Franchise Quarterback) rack up 10 quick points, & regain the lead.

Hogwash! That was Russell Wilson against 53 other players so it HAS to be Wilson's fault because he threw that one last pass 4 inches too far ahead of Lockette. Forget the dumb play call, forget the LOB giving up all those 4th Q points, forget Browner vs Kearse had any bearing on that play....HAS to be Wilson because he is just too short. :sarcasm_off:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":3elzgcmx said:
John63":3elzgcmx said:
2_0_6":3elzgcmx said:

You can have those type of games when you have won 6 SB's. If the opposing team says we're stopping your run game and forcing your QB to beat us. Brady will drive his team up and down the field at will with mediocre receivers. We have seen Wilson in the same situation. Much different outcome. Wilson is not that type of QB. He relies on the running game to compliment his skill set. Without it Hawks are doomed. Plenty of QB's out there that can compliment a great running game and defense. Not going to cost you near $35+ a year.

A. This is categorically untrue and this team has seen Wilson lead it as a passer with no running game.

2. Name these other QBs who could and then their market value

I dont even disagree on the anxiety of paying Wilson. But your posts are more a reflection of what you want to be true than what is, statistically, true

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Literally just making stuff up w/no actual facts to back it up. Russ is the reason they lost SB 49??? Sweet Jesus :roll:
I was in the stands, I watched Brady SHRED our defense when we had a 10 point lead. They lost as a TEAM.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ivten47 said:
RCATES":1ivten47 said:
John63":1ivten47 said:
2_0_6":1ivten47 said:

A. This is categorically untrue and this team has seen Wilson lead it as a passer with no running game.

2. Name these other QBs who could and then their market value

I dont even disagree on the anxiety of paying Wilson. But your posts are more a reflection of what you want to be true than what is, statistically, true

That is what really bugs me about his obvious Wilson hate. He can wipe out and entire season out of his brain to where Wilson had no running game, crappy pass protection yet lead the league and set a Seahawks record with 34 TD passes and was in the MVP talks for the better part of the season (2017) when he absolutely carried the offense.
It takes a whole lotta hate to re-write history about "your" team you supposidly have seasons tickets to watch and "enjoy". I just don't even understand this behavior, it is bizarre.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RCATES":1vc292za said:

Yes, I can't believe Russ blew a 10 point lead in the 4th Quarter and called a pass play on 2nd and Goal!

HawkerD

Reaction score
hawksbydesign":11dtfrd7 said:
Trade him for 2019 1st, 2nd, and 2020 1st round picks. Russ is good but not that “money” good. Pete’s Seahawks is a running team.
you forgot :sarcasm_on:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Down 16 w/5 minutes to go in the NFC Championship vs. the Packers. Russ flat out CARRIED that team to victory, period. He's clearly just average. I mean, Matty Hass was 10 times the QB that Russ ever has been :roll:
But yeah, in the Super Bowl, it was somehow his fault. Some things never change. Can't believe he allowed Brady to run up and down the field on the Defense in the 4th quarter. Thx Russ
Cheers :irishdrinkers:

Sac

Reaction score
hawksbydesign":1z4j4bjt said:
Trade him for 2019 1st, 2nd, and 2020 1st round picks. Russ is good but not that “money” good. Pete’s Seahawks is a running team.

How dare you

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3c5x8uu6 said:
Down 16 w/5 minutes to go in the NFC Championship vs. the Packers. Russ flat out CARRIED that team to victory, period. He's clearly just average. I mean, Matty Hass was 10 times the QB that Russ ever has been :roll:
But yeah, in the Super Bowl, it was somehow his fault. Some things never change. Can't believe he allowed Brady to run up and down the field on the Defense in the 4th quarter. Thx Russ
Cheers :irishdrinkers:

Careful with that game, though. He'll just argue that it was Russ's fault in the first place with all those interceptions; it was our defense that kept that game in reach. And he'd be right about that part.

But football is more than a tale of 45 minutes. It's about 60 minutes, and Russ was clutch at the end, along with some luck (onside kick, etc.).

chris98251

Reaction score
RCATES":1vml7g9c said:
John63":1vml7g9c said:
2_0_6":1vml7g9c said:

Name them and how many playoffs and Championships they have won. Should be real easy since there are plenty of them out there .

Well that didn't take long within a few hours I am already pissed off . Welcome Back.