Saturday NFL Football. Chargers vs 9ers

Laloosh

Reaction score
pmedic920":1hcbdske said:
Bright side for our 9er buddies here.

Every loss = better picks.

Yeah, they've hit rock bottom over there.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkWow":3955wf2q said:
Seahawk Sailor":3955wf2q said:
Laloosh":3955wf2q said:
I feel like Stairway To Heaven should be playing in that stadium...
Or Highway to Hell, apparently.

LOL...I was thinking the same thing. Highway to hell for SF but Stairway to heaven for Harbaugh. Jim is like the cat that ate the canary right now. He gets to go home and he gets a raise? Give me Ann Arbor over SF any day of the week. Heaven by comparison, imo.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeytonsHead/status/546535536958406656[/tweet]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love how half the seats were full. SUCK IT 9ERS!!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1a69asv9 said:
HawkWow":1a69asv9 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1a69asv9 said:
Laloosh":1a69asv9 said:
I feel like Stairway To Heaven should be playing in that stadium...
Or Highway to Hell, apparently.

LOL...I was thinking the same thing. Highway to hell for SF but Stairway to heaven for Harbaugh. Jim is like the cat that ate the canary right now. He gets to go home and he gets a raise? Give me Ann Arbor over SF any day of the week. Heaven by comparison, imo.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeytonsHead/status/546535536958406656[/tweet]

That's hilarious. Jim's going to dick around and end up with Cutler, a Bear QB that rivals his own incompetence as a Bear QB.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
8706b9f7b59249adabfa2884158ed23d.jpg

raisethe3

Reaction score
Wow, seriously, I thought 49ers had this in the bag. 28-7 at halftime and thinking they were going to cruise to a win. Not that I am rooting for either of the team, but still 21 points is quite a big blow.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":o8omh9ma said:
-The Glove-":o8omh9ma said:
Our Man in Chicago":o8omh9ma said:
I honestly feel bad for 49ers fans. Such a depressing showing tonight.
I only feel bad for guys like Box and Rlkats...the rest can kick rocks
BINGO! Well said!

Two good niner fans is not enough to overcome the thousands of bad ones. Watching the niners lose ranks a close second to watching the Seahawks win. I enjoy both a lot.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1lcataqn said:
pmedic920":1lcataqn said:
Bright side for our 9er buddies here.

Every loss = better picks.
Won't matter, Baalke is still their GM! :th2thumbs:

So true. It's gonna be fun calling them the 7-9ers too.

Ruminator

Reaction score
raisethe3":1gxjvw3t said:
Wow, seriously, I thought 49ers had this in the bag. 28-7 at halftime and thinking they were going to cruise to a win. Not that I am rooting for either of the team, but still 21 points is quite a big blow.

I came close to turning the game off at halftime, and had it been any other team besides the 49ers, I would have. Bet there were a lot of stunned football fans across the nation reading the headline in the sports section this morning.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":1uonyul4 said:
raisethe3":1uonyul4 said:

I came close to turning the game off at halftime, and had it been any other team besides the 49ers, I would have. Bet there were a lot of stunned football fans across the nation reading the headline in the sports section this morning.

So you're saying you can't turn off 9rs football? That's nearing fanhood, even if for the wrong reasons. :3-1:

dbmack

Reaction score
mr dbmack was watching it later on DVR. I didn't tell him the score, though I knew already that it went into OT and the 49ers lost. He wasn't irate about it but he wasn't a happy camper either that the 49ers just gave the game away.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
raisethe3":346fnba6 said:
but still 21 points is quite a big blow.

Sure is. As a fan I'm glad they were already out of the playoffs for that one. Oddly it was a little bit predictable of a defensive train wreck in the second half, and I think we've finally seen the limits of Fangio's ability.

By the second half they were down to three starters on defense, playing their:

DE: 1st string
NT: 4th string (off the practice squad this week)
DE: 2nd string
OLB: 4th string
ILB: 4th string
ILB: 5th string
OLB: 5th string
CB: 1st string
FS: 3rd string
SS: 1st string
Slot CB: 6th string
CB: 7th string (off the street)

The average defensive starter in the second half was 4th string (43/11 = 3.9), basically making the unit equivalent to an end of the 3rd quarter pre-season squad.

The Chargers wisely just abused Craig Dahl and Marcus Cromartie (didn't even realize he was on the team :lol: ) in the second half, as they should have.

Hard to get too beat up about it, TBH.

On offense it wasn't nearly as bad (5th string WR; 4th string TE2, 2nd string C, 4th and 5th string RB 2 and RB 3).

The 9ers have 20 people on IR now. That coupled with the mess of the Harbaugh situation and underperforming on offense more generally means they never really had a chance this year.

Depending on what happens with the coaching I think they actually have a decent chance of being competitive next year. This year was just inarguably a mess though.

That said, the current rumor is that they're top outside candidate is Josh McDaniels (omg strangle me). With Tomsula I'll probably be annoyed and resign myself to it. If they bring in McDaniels though, I'll probably just be a Warriors fan until he's gone. I really can't stand the guy. I still have my fingers crossed for Pep Hamilton, who really just makes waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy tooooo muuuuccch sense.

Largent80

Reaction score
I went to Rite Aid to pick up some beer for later, it was 11:30 am...I hear this obviously beligerant dude near the coolers as I am approaching and wearing my superbowl champions t-shirt, and this guy says to me, oh NO a seagulls fan, I said no, read the shirt it says superbowl champions with a giant Hawk logo on it, and let me guess, you are a 9ers fan, he said yeah, and I said well that would explain why you are still drunk, and then said Excuse me, I have a superbowl to win.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":1p06n7v5 said:
Excuse me, I have a superbowl to win.

:lol: :lol:

I'm spending the month in Portland, OR (w/ my wife, who is from here) and a few days ago we were in a shop that sells the #12 "Fan" jerseys.

Wife: Wait, is there someone with the last name "Fan" on the Seahawks?
Me: Nah, Seahawks fan wear jerseys that say "fan" on the back.
Wife: [looks at me quizzically, thinking I'm just messing with her]
Me: No, seriously.
Wife: How embarassing. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I think she's exaggerating of course, but if a Hawks fans actually said to me what you said, I'd uncontrollably laugh in his face.