Saturday NFL Football. Chargers vs 9ers

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":peribqv6 said:
Largent80":peribqv6 said:
Excuse me, I have a superbowl to win.

:but if a Hawks fans actually said to me what you said, I'd uncontrollably laugh in his face.

If it was my face you laughed in, I can guarantee a very quick change in your facial pattern after all I have been through with 9er fans where I live.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":22uz8elp said:
https://gfycat.com/GrouchyDisloyalBlackfly
Well at least Harley Santa is old enough to remember when the ninnies were winning Super Bowls vs a majority of their trolls.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26h3wlso said:
Largent80":26h3wlso said:

:lol: :lol:

I'm spending the month in Portland, OR (w/ my wife, who is from here) and a few days ago we were in a shop that sells the #12 "Fan" jerseys.

Wife: Wait, is there someone with the last name "Fan" on the Seahawks?
Me: Nah, Seahawks fan wear jerseys that say "fan" on the back.
Wife: [looks at me quizzically, thinking I'm just messing with her]
Me: No, seriously.
Wife: How embarassing. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I think she's exaggerating of course, but if a Hawks fans actually said to me what you said, I'd uncontrollably laugh in his face.
I agree it is kind of silly in a sense, but not as silly as a 49'er fan trolling a rival forum for attention.......... Just sayin'!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30ixkw7s said:
Largent80":30ixkw7s said:

I'm spending the month in Portland, OR (w/ my wife, who is from here) and a few days ago we were in a shop that sells the #12 "Fan" jerseys.

I think she's exaggerating of course, but if a Hawks fans actually said to me what you said, I'd uncontrollably laugh in his face.
Perhaps if you had explained the entire story to her......as in the number was retired as an HONOR to the 12th man i.e. the fans of the Seattle Seahawks, she might've been able to grasp the concept a bit more readily. Considering she married a Whiner fan though, maybe not. And of course I'm not surprised you didn't tell her the whole story. Had your precious VHS era super bowl winning franchise thought of it first, you'd be rather proud of it rather than knocking it I'm sure. Of course your fanbase would have to be as thunderingly impressive as ours which it is not and never has been so guess that wasn't going to happen either.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":33vd1u82 said:
Popeyejones":33vd1u82 said:
Largent80":33vd1u82 said:

:but if a Hawks fans actually said to me what you said, I'd uncontrollably laugh in his face.

If it was my face you laughed in, I can guarantee a very quick change in your facial pattern after all I have been through with 9er fans where I live.

Not to be too much of a stickler for details, but in your imaginary world wouldn't you be too busy getting ready to play the Cardinals? Would you be beating me up outside the locker room or something? I don't think I'm worth getting suspended over. Think about the team, man.

Jville

Reaction score
Portland would have been better served if she had of left him behind.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Popeyejones":32isj7u5 said:
Largent80":32isj7u5 said:

Uh, not to knock your wife, but wearing a jersey with another person's name on your back when you're over the age of about twelve is just as "dumb," as is taking time out to analyze and watch a bunch of guys throw and kick a football. Once you become a sports fan, you go right down the rabbit hole filled with silly rituals and merchandise.

So her point about the fan jerseys is stupid, is what I'm saying. I'm sure she's lovely and nice and smart though, if only because they say that opposites attract, and clearly, if she's stuck with you, she's carrying the load for your couple.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":38bz0j6t said:
Popeyejones":38bz0j6t said:
Largent80":38bz0j6t said:

Uh, not to knock your wife, but wearing a jersey with another person's name on your back when you're over the age of about twelve is just as "dumb," as is taking time out to analyze and watch a bunch of guys throw and kick a football. Once you become a sports fan, you go right down the rabbit hole filled with silly rituals and merchandise.

So her point about the fan jerseys is stupid, is what I'm saying. I'm sure she's lovely and nice and smart though, if only because they say that opposites attract, and clearly, if she's stuck with you, she's carrying the load for your couple.

Getting a little personal. Hug it out...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21gwyjc4 said:
I agree it is kind of silly in a sense, but not as silly as a 49'er fan trolling a rival forum for attention.......... Just sayin'!

:p

hawksfansinceday1":21gwyjc4 said:
Perhaps if you had explained the entire story to her......as in the number was retired as an HONOR to the 12th man i.e. the fans of the Seattle Seahawks, she might've been able to grasp the concept a bit more readily.

Yeah, I mean, I guess I could have gone into the entire story about how the team retired the number to honor their fans, but because they stole the idea they had to agree to pay some crappy college team $300,000 a year in order to make money from selling their fans jerseys of themselves.

Rather than going into a bunch of backstory about something she doesn't even remotely care about, I decided to just answer her question, though. I take it you're not married? ;)

Jville

Reaction score
I dont think it would have helped. This is what any of us can sound like when we lose emotional control. Off topic and spitting venom.

Edit: :D .... but one never knows for sure.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
[
Smelly McUgly":386vv7kb said:

Yeah, we talk about the silliness of sports fandom sometimes. Last year there was a CRAZY thread on the Zone before the Packers playoff game in which a bunch of Zoners promised each other that they'd spend the week leading up to the game ripping up and mashing out anything that was the color green as a good luck charm in preparation for the team "dominating green." We still make jokes about it, and she even used it as an example in the Intro to Sociology course she teaches. There were 800 freshman laughing at Zoners that week. :lol:

[
Smelly McUgly":386vv7kb said:

Sadly I'm too stupid to figure out that you're saying I'm ugly, and mean, and stupid. But I'm mean so I'm pretty sarcastic, which is also worth considering. As for being ugly, attractive people always marry ugly people, like always, assuming I'm not too stupid to still be using sarcasm like a mean person and stuff. She's pretty ugly though. A real ogre, really. I'm sexy as a mother******, though. My mother even told me while I was ******* her.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Jville":3qs1ps0f said:
I dont think it would have helped. This is what any of us can sound like when we lose emotional control. Off topic and spitting venom.

I...didn't lose emotional control? The point was on topic? Do you get that my tone is meant to be in a Valley Girl sort of slightly confused voice what with all the question marks? If so, I'm doing better at this?

I guess maybe it's just the way of the internet. People say things that other people misconstrue the tone of since there's no inflection, facial expressions, etc., available. Oh well. I'm just teasin' you. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jville

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2hn8l2en said:
Jville":2hn8l2en said:

I...didn't lose emotional control? The point was on topic? Do you get that my tone is meant to be in a Valley Girl sort of slightly confused voice what with all the question marks? If so, I'm doing better at this?

I guess maybe it's just the way of the internet. People say things that other people misconstrue the tone of since there's no inflection, facial expressions, etc., available. Oh well. I'm just teasin' you. ;) ;) ;) ;)

That gives meaning to my disclaimer ..... " one never knows for sure "