Schotty and Solari are going to have a tough year

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2kbzfjy5 said:
Steve2222":2kbzfjy5 said:
Maybe this is the years CJ Prosise doesn’t get hurt breathing
Maybe this is the year..He gets cut like he should be..

Dammit, you mentioned Cut and Prosise in the same post. He won't make it out of OTA's now.

toffee

Reaction score
Maulbert":nf81hnur said:
Yeah, Wilson is gonna suck without Doug on the field. You know, the way he sucked when he posted a perfect passer rating while targeting Tyler Lockett all last season.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...t-passer-rating-when-targeting-tyler-lockett/

70/57/965/10/0/158.3

But I'm sure that was all Doug drawing extra coverage, even when he was sidelined for 3 games. I bet the other team had 3 guys standing on the sideline to defend him if he came in. :roll:

Wondering in our case, if it was the QB that has been making the WRs looked good, or the other way around.

Maulbert

Reaction score
toffee":1z3kzpt6 said:
Maulbert":1z3kzpt6 said:
Yeah, Wilson is gonna suck without Doug on the field. You know, the way he sucked when he posted a perfect passer rating while targeting Tyler Lockett all last season.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...t-passer-rating-when-targeting-tyler-lockett/

70/57/965/10/0/158.3

But I'm sure that was all Doug drawing extra coverage, even when he was sidelined for 3 games. I bet the other team had 3 guys standing on the sideline to defend him if he came in. :roll:

Wondering in our case, if it was the QB that has been making the WRs looked good, or the other way around.

Well, just remember: 3 of Wilson's interceptions in the NFC Championship game vs. Green Bay bounced off Jermaine Kearse's hands first. A receiver needs to be good first.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Blitzing against Wilson reminds me of the game winning TD pass to Dickson vs the Packers last year.

D

DomeHawk

I really don't care what they do outside of developing the ABILITY to adapt their game plan when something is just NOT working!

D

DomeHawk

Maulbert":mfk2fttv said:
toffee":mfk2fttv said:
Maulbert":mfk2fttv said:

70/57/965/10/0/158.3

Well, just remember: 3 of Wilson's interceptions in the NFC Championship game vs. Green Bay bounced off Jermaine Kearse's hands first. A receiver needs to be good first.

Kearse could be the best WR and the worst WR within a single game. Some of his receptions are some of best in Seahawk's history but you had to live with his drops that were often drive-enders.

I am rooting for Metcalf but he scares me.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Blasphemy!

The opposing defense will have a tough year.

I personally believe the Seahawks will be a lot better this year!

The Seahawks know who they are and are not gonna stray from it!

Pound the ball (offensive line gonna improve) and throw for big gains!

Tical21

Reaction score
There is a bit of a point here. We did have some trouble getting receivers open against man coverage. Even Doug last year, which was strange. It isn't Tyler's forte. Hit a go route against single coverage, and teams are less likely to sell out and blitz heavily. DK could be the medicine here.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This team struggles in the pass game not because the other teams blitz. It's because we don't have great pass blockers and we have an extremely rudimentary passing game with pretty non-innovative route trees and motion principles. Scheming guys open is not Schotty's forte.

I guess Schneider realizes this and got us speed at the WR position so we can beat defenders with that rather than smart game planning.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Let's also not forget that it was Schotty's first year as the OC so he didn't know the whole playbook. I expect a lot better production out of the offense this year with route trees

Mad Dog

Reaction score
jmahon316":3ijf2wep said:
Let's also not forget that it was Schotty's first year as the OC so he didn't know the whole playbook. I expect a lot better production out of the offense this year with route trees

We can only hope.

We've drafted a swiss army knife in John Ursua. Let's hope the team figures out how to use a Julian Edelman type of player. Sadly I'm sure Pete and Schotty will be over enamored with Metcalf's speed and call innumerable go routes and never take advantage of the soft zones underneath.

Tical21

Reaction score
not sure what you're getting at, but the offense was fantastic last year and got big plays rolling and guys wide open far more often than we had before, to the tune of Russ having his most efficient season. The Schotty sucks stuff is kinda ridiculous at this point.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tical21":2ic7b04f said:
not sure what you're getting at, but the offense was fantastic last year and got big plays rolling and guys wide open far more often than we had before, to the tune of Russ having his most efficient season. The Schotty sucks stuff is kinda ridiculous at this point.

Why are you people making me agree with Tical? The humanity.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Schotty was an improvement over Bevell although I think that had more to do with Cable than anything but in his first year he actually beat my expectations. He can still massively improve, which I'm sure he would be the first to admit so hopefully year two we continue the upward trend on offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":17jwm5p6 said:
jmahon316":17jwm5p6 said:

We can only hope.

We've drafted a swiss army knife in John Ursua. Let's hope the team figures out how to use a Julian Edelman type of player. Sadly I'm sure Pete and Schotty will be over enamored with Metcalf's speed and call innumerable go routes and never take advantage of the soft zones underneath.

You've got speed all over this WR corp now, so I have no doubt Pete, Russell and Schotty will figure out how to take advantage of Metcalf, Jennings, Brown and Lockett's speed.

Might look ugly at first, WR might be the worst position as far as biggest learning curve, especially if you want the receivers to work in the slot where there's more blocking schemes and precision required.

But I REALLY like this WR corp, even without Doug. Jennings is my dark horse, 4.4 speed, quick, smart. I expect him to be further ahead than Metcalf come pre-season game time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tical21":t14w40xe said:

Not any more then Wilson sucks posts and fire Pete and John we have seen continually.

Tical21

Reaction score
chris98251":3d51ojlt said:
Tical21":3d51ojlt said:

Not any more then Wilson is merely really good posts and fire Pete and John we have seen continually.
FIFY

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Tical21":3glxgx4f said:

Is this the same TiCal that called out Wilson all season?

Wilson was also sacked at a very high rate and when I watched the games there was largely a ton of covered receivers out there.

Yes we were awesome in play action and early down passing but third and long was not our forte.

I don't think Schotty necessarily sucks but he is not as creative as Bevell in scheming players open and he's a far cry from some of the better OC's like Daniels and McVay. He coordinates an awesome run game but I thought the pass game was very rudimentary largely relying on splash plays in one on one coverage.