Scottish Hawks fan

gallacher88

Reaction score
Hi there ! Name is Adam and have just recently got into the sport this year. Hail from Scotland and I'm a lifelong Glasgow Celtic soccer fan. Couple workmates love American football and have got me into the sport. First game I saw was Seattle Seahawks vs New Orleans Saints. Celtic play in green and normally not a fan of blue but thought the hawk jersey was a beauty. Really liked the way they played they just bossed the full game. But best of all was the fans. Celtic are very proud to be known as the best fans in the world of soccer and with this I identified with the hawks. So I'm a fan for life and yea band wagon and all that but I was happy that hawks have yet to win the superbowl ( didnt want to support a team who has) and will never switch allegiance. Years from now hawks will hit a slump it happens to all teams. Celtic in my 20yrs supporting them have had horrible seasons but stick with them thick and thin. And this is how I will support hawks through the good and bad. Anyway like a said new to the sport so forgive me asking silly questions all the time. Thats my story one big ass post , hope I get a good welcome.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You're not the only Scottish Hawks fan here so hopefully that'll help, too - I'm sure they'll make themselves known!

themunn

Reaction score
gallacher88":16qy7p4k said:
Hi there ! Name is Adam and have just recently got into the sport this year. Hail from Scotland and I'm a lifelong Glasgow Celtic soccer fan. Couple workmates love American football and have got me into the sport. First game I saw was Seattle Seahawks vs New Orleans Saints. Celtic play in green and normally not a fan of blue but thought the hawk jersey was a beauty. Really liked the way they played they just bossed the full game. But best of all was the fans. Celtic are very proud to be known as the best fans in the world of soccer and with this I identified with the hawks. So I'm a fan for life and yea band wagon and all that but I was happy that hawks have yet to win the superbowl ( didnt want to support a team who has) and will never switch allegiance. Years from now hawks will hit a slump it happens to all teams. Celtic in my 20yrs supporting them have had horrible seasons but stick with them thick and thin. And this is how I will support hawks through the good and bad. Anyway like a said new to the sport so forgive me asking silly questions all the time. Thats my story one big ass post , hope I get a good welcome.

How many fans did you ban this week?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Another one for the bandwagon. Welcome aboard but I'd knock the best fans in the world of soccer nonsense lest we link to vids of you guys booing British servicemen and women.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
While not a UK Seahawks fan, I'm close enough to drop in and offer a quick fáilte roimh to Seahawks.net. Hawks Saints was definitely a good game to start with.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I love Scotland and was there a few years ago. Are you from Glasgow?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Welcome to the best team in the league, the best fan base and the best fan forum on the net! Enjoy the ride!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Welcome!

I went to a Celtic game on my last visit to Scotland back around 2006, I think. The match was between the Celtic and Manchester United, and Celtic won 1-0. A japanese player (Nakamura?) kicked the winning goal on a penalty shot, if I remember correctly. The place went nuts. Reminded me of our victory against the Dallas Cowboys in 2005 that solidified our run to the Superbowl. Same kind of vibe.

It was nuts. Ended up drinking with a bunch of Celtic fans. Lots of fun. Don't remember much about the drinking, it got out of hand quickly.

Anyway, I enjoyed the game while there. Your fans were passionate. You should come to Seattle and experience a game here. It would blow your mind. The chaos I experienced when Celtic beat Man U in the last part of the game is kind of what it is like the whole game here. A little louder in Seattle, but just as crazy. :D

jblaze

Reaction score
Welcome!

Your timing could not be more perfect. The next 10 years will be very interesting.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a boring ol' American, but I live in Dundee right now. I actually see 49ers gear whenever I'm in the bigger cities here, so we need all the 'Hawks fans we can get out here to compete.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I moved from Glasgow to Seattle two years ago. If its any consolation there is green in the Seahawks uniform and it isn't Royal blue! The Sounders also play in green and Seattle is known as the emerald city! I started watching football, outwith Superbowls in Pete Carrolls first season, when i had an idea i was moving to Seattle. It wasn't easy watching the games in Scotland with most of the east coast teams getting shown. Had a Celtic season ticket for 10 years. Last nights result didn't happen....

I do miss Irn bru, square sausage, a good indian curry and the people. Seattle people seem to be very closed off and introverted making it hard to make friends. They are nice though.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2fvsy3gl said:
I moved from Glasgow to Seattle two years ago. If its any consolation there is green in the Seahawks uniform and it isn't Royal blue! The Sounders also play in green and Seattle is known as the emerald city! I started watching football, outwith Superbowls in Pete Carrolls first season, when i had an idea i was moving to Seattle. It wasn't easy watching the games in Scotland with most of the east coast teams getting shown. Had a Celtic season ticket for 10 years. Last nights result didn't happen....

I do miss Irn bru, square sausage, a good indian curry and the people. Seattle people seem to be very closed off and introverted making it hard to make friends. They are nice though.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you don't live in the City of Seattle if you miss good indian curry. There are a TON of Indian people here, working in the tech industry, and some very phenomenal places to get curry as a result. Have you been to the eastside?

Oh and we're not all introverted and closed off. If YOU are outgoing and friendly, you will do fine. I moved here from Los Angeles, and was not used to the passivity you mention. Then I just decided to be my gregarious annoying self, got involved with tons of charity work and fun things to do, and now have a larger circle of friends here than in Southern California. Seattle is a very warm place if you can force yourself to be outgoing and take some risks.

Latest posts