Screw tiqiq - they just screwed me out of my $5000 tickets

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I wonder if the NFL is concerned about having (what they perceive as) too many Seahawks fans in the crowd?

I mean, the brokers don't care what team their clients root for, and both team's fans are willing to pay, so who else would be interested in leveling the stands?

Unless Pats fans are clearly facing the same issues, I smell home cooking.

Question: At any time during the online purchasing process is the "favorite team" question asked?

pmedic920

Reaction score
joeseahawks":16fba03s said:
Shouldn't Goodell be focused on fixing this instead of always trying to fine ML?

Absolutly YES.
I'm not sure what he can do but YES.

I'm 53 yo and have never been to a SB. With the costs what they are it would take me a good while to pay off the cc debt to go, and I'm sure it's that way for many that do go.
It's absolutely messed up that anybody could be put in the OPs situation. It could be said that it's his own fault, I say BS to that.
The system is bad and should be fixed.

Come on Commish, step up and do something that make sense, sense for the football fan.

OP
OP
S

SeahawkTalons

Reaction score
Well, I'm officially out of the Super Bowl now. :(

Got them to up the price to $11K refund for my $5K tickets. Sucks big time though.

Hopefully something will open up tomorrow on Stubhub

Thanks for all the advice in this thread btw!

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^^
Actually that's not a bad deal.
You can still enjoy the trip and if tickets don't become available, find a Hawk Gathering to be part of. I'm sure there will be many.
Obviously that's not the point but it's a workable solution and at least you won't be out a ton of cash.
I truly feel bad for you, that trip would mean the world to me and my family.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If you do wind up buying them off the streets, make damn sure they are legit. They have showed stories on how to verify... You've probably already heard them, but in case you haven't:

(they don't mention here for some reason, but there is also part of the ticket that is see-through, and you rub the XLIV on the bottom of the ticket and it disappears, then reappears after 5 seconds)

Cut and pasted from NFL.com

To help ensure the authenticity of your Super Bowl tickets, here are a few basic buying tips:

» Do not buy tickets from anyone selling tickets on the street or in front of the venue. Scalpers are typically unregulated and unlicensed, leaving you open to fraud, including stolen and counterfeit tickets.

» Always use a credit card or other secure form of payment. If ordering online, make sure the site offers a fully secure ordering process and utilizes state-of-the-art technology to protect your personal information, including your credit card number.

» Do verify the location of the seats on a seating chart to avoid being misled into purchasing obstructed view seats or seats that simply do not exist.

Look:

» The back of an official ticket may feature a two-tone hologram which changes with the angle of the ticket in sunlight. A fake Super Bowl ticket may have a sticker to imitate a hologram, only the image on the counterfeit sticker does not change.

» On a genuine ticket embossed images will be clear, crisp and on high-quality silver foil. Fake ticket images can be blurry, irregular and/or printed on low-quality stickers.

Feel:

» An official ticket will be printed on heavy card stock with flawless perforations on each edge of the ticket. A counterfeit ticket can be printed on thin, flimsy card stock and have irregular or crooked perforations, if the ticket has any at all.

The best way to buy your Super Bowl tickets on the resale market is through the NFL's only authorized resale marketplace, the NFL Ticket Exchange. All tickets sold on the Exchange are validated by Ticketmaster and the NFL before being offered for sale.

Purchase your Super Bowl tickets on the Official NFL Ticket Exchange with confidence knowing that they are 100 percent legitimate.

mikeak

Reaction score
253hawk":1z5rc6jn said:
Aros":1z5rc6jn said:
Watched a segment tonight on the local news with 12's getting screwed out of tickets they already bought.

Let me be clear. If there ever was a clear lawsuit in the making, this is it.

The way SB tickets are sold needs to END. It is ridiculous how it is right now. Scammers running rampant. And even the legit sources need reform.

LAME. I hope you get things worked out by kickoff bro. Unbelievable.

The NFL is a reactive business, not a proactive one. Because nothing like this has ever happened before.

I this not the NFL it is the secondary market

And YES it happened before. 2011 national championship game. So they reined in the practice but then allowed it to run rampant again.

The stubhubs of the world knows that this is going on but allows it. They are equally to blame IMHO

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mikeak":1lz5xjmv said:
253hawk":1lz5xjmv said:
Aros":1lz5xjmv said:
Watched a segment tonight on the local news with 12's getting screwed out of tickets they already bought.

Let me be clear. If there ever was a clear lawsuit in the making, this is it.

The way SB tickets are sold needs to END. It is ridiculous how it is right now. Scammers running rampant. And even the legit sources need reform.

LAME. I hope you get things worked out by kickoff bro. Unbelievable.

The NFL is a reactive business, not a proactive one. Because nothing like this has ever happened before.

I this not the NFL it is the secondary market

And YES it happened before. 2011 national championship game. So they reined in the practice but then allowed it to run rampant again.

The stubhubs of the world knows that this is going on but allows it. They are equally to blame IMHO
There is some evidence the NFL is involved. The tickets they distribute to the other 30 teams came with new stipulations this year, they demanded that those teams account for who purchased each and every ticket the teams sold. In the past team sales have accounted for a lot of the tickets that brokers sell, but this year they have to admit to the league if they sell them to a broker not partnered with the league.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ that may be part of what is causing this problem...

Separately if the NFL tries to make it harder for reselling of tickets they give out how is that them having a hand in secondary market setup??? Isn't that trying to stay out of it?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mikeak":o0xspbbd said:
^ that may be part of what is causing this problem...

Separately if the NFL tries to make it harder for reselling of tickets they give out how is that them having a hand in secondary market setup??? Isn't that trying to stay out of it?
Because the NFL has an official reselling partner that teams may be funnelling tickets to. PrimeSports. Primesports says they have no tickets right now, but if that changes in the next 27 hours it will be very suspicious.

mikeak

Reaction score
OP - tickets on stubhub at $7k now. So you could basically go to the game for $1k. Maybe not as good seats but that is a pretty damn good deal and via stubhub so you can get them printed there...

bostonhardo

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":10ie79cv said:
Hmm, I wonder if the NFL is concerned about having (what they perceive as) too many Seahawks fans in the crowd?

I mean, the brokers don't care what team their clients root for, and both team's fans are willing to pay, so who else would be interested in leveling the stands?

Unless Pats fans are clearly facing the same issues, I smell home cooking.

Question: At any time during the online purchasing process is the "favorite team" question asked?

BB is behind it.

seahawks08

Reaction score
They don't ask favorite team, they know mostly by from where you are buying from.

DHawk

Reaction score
This just sucks. I'm sorry, Talons :(

I work for the postal service here in Phoenix and a customer came to the office to pick up her Super Bowl tickets that she bought "online" and the person she bought them off of sent her a bottle of whiskey with no tickets. She was a Hawk fan, and the look on her face after she opened them was horrible. She luckily payed through PayPal so she is likely getting her money back but it was a crappy way to find out you aren't going to the game.

While it does suck, and I can imagine how stoked you were to be going, I'll tell you what I told her. Come join me and hundreds of Hawks fans over at the Skeptical Chymist in Scottsdale. I spend most game days there, and its an awesome crowd of fans.

15688 N Pima Rd
Ste #C6
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

If you don't end up looking for tickets and such(I hope you can!), hopefully we'll see ya there!

OP
OP
S

SeahawkTalons

Reaction score
This story ends well - TiqIQ stepped up big time and I wound up with even better tickets than I originally bought!

Thank you TiqIQ!!!!!!!!

Timmahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkTalons":1nkrcmfi said:
This story ends well - TiqIQ stepped up big time and I wound up with even better tickets than I originally bought!

Thank you TiqIQ!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Have a great time! Go Hawks!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1qrpcxjy said:
Hawks46":1qrpcxjy said:
So let me get this straight: you bought tickets for $5000, and they want to buy them back at $9500 ?

Sounds good to me, but it sounds like they have the tickets and just want to resell them at a higher price. How can they "buy back" tickets that they can't get ?

I wonder if you could let them repurchase them, then buy some scalped tickets at the door for a tidy profit ? Sucks that you flew down there and now can't get in.

They don't have the tickets. This is happening to hundreds of people, who bought "short sold" tickets that were based on a promise to obtain the tickets (or an acceptance conditioned on actually being able to acquire the tickets). These were tickets listed without a specific row #.

The $9,500 is a settlement offer. They are attempting to purchase his legal claim, not the tickets themselves. To purchase cover (new tickets) at this time, would cost over $10,000 a piece. He also may have a claim for promissory estoppel based on his detrimental reliance in buying a hotel and airfare with the reasonable expectation that he would receive the tickets he was promised.

Stubhub has proven itself be far superior to Tiqiq. They have bought tickets at a significant loss for everyone who was promised tickets by short sellers.
This, everything hawknation2015 said as a matter of fact.

SeahawkTalons":1qrpcxjy said:

Thank you TiqIQ!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I'm very happy for you. I have a strong feeling other folks won't be so fortunate.

Bprez3

Reaction score
SeahawkTalons":1wvwfhqq said:

Thank you TiqIQ!!!!!!!!

Some things are meant to be. Have a great time