Screw tiqiq - they just screwed me out of my $5000 tickets

SeahawkTalons

Reaction score
Flew down to Phoenix today, partied hard with the 12's, looking forward to the Super Bowl when I receive this email at midnight:

We are contacting you with an issue with your Super Bowl ticket order. If you have followed the news this week regarding tickets, I’m sure you have noticed that this year’s Super Bowl has had many issues relating to the distribution and delivery of tickets among secondary market ticket companies. Many ticket companies are failing to deliver tickets to their clients. This is the 11th consecutive Super Bowl that we have sold tickets for, and the first one where we have face a supply issue like this.

We are working very hard and spending a lot of money to provide tickets to all of our clients, but at current prices, we can no longer guarantee we will be able to provide tickets to every client. The site you purchased tickets from states that should we would fail to provide tickets, or comparable or better tickets you would be entitled to refund a 125% refund. That 125% sets the minimum amount of compensation you are owed. We would like to go beyond that and present you with a few options moving forward:

Repurchase of your tickets. We will pay you $9500. The money will be credited to your credit card and we can FedEx you a check.

Modify the order to a “try to get basis”. Since we are unable to guarantee that all orders can be fulfilled today, we can modify our agreement to a “try to obtain” ticket order where we would attempt to obtain the tickets for you by game time on Sunday. It is unlikely that you will get the exact tickets that you ordered, but we will attempt to get you into the stadium, in seats as close as possible. For significant changes in seat locations we would negotiate small partial refunds. If prices remain where they are, and we cannot acquire seats for your order we will be offering a 125% refund ($6712).

We understand that this is a massive disappointment for you. We understand that it is a huge deal for you to go to the Super Bowl, and that you trusted us to deliver those seats. We are hopeful that one of these options might represent a satisfactory resolution to this issue.

--
Brent Siemers

Big Red Tickets
4741 Central #359
Kansas City, MO 64112

800.842.1489 x804
816.686.8416 (cell)

Hawks46

Reaction score
So let me get this straight: you bought tickets for $5000, and they want to buy them back at $9500 ?

Sounds good to me, but it sounds like they have the tickets and just want to resell them at a higher price. How can they "buy back" tickets that they can't get ?

I wonder if you could let them repurchase them, then buy some scalped tickets at the door for a tidy profit ? Sucks that you flew down there and now can't get in.

LTH

Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of a scam...

zhawk

Reaction score
Let me guess. They just want you to provide them with your banking info.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watched a segment tonight on the local news with 12's getting screwed out of tickets they already bought.

Let me be clear. If there ever was a clear lawsuit in the making, this is it.

The way SB tickets are sold needs to END. It is ridiculous how it is right now. Scammers running rampant. And even the legit sources need reform.

LAME. I hope you get things worked out by kickoff bro. Unbelievable.

OP
OP
S

SeahawkTalons

Reaction score
zhawk":uwhyamuz said:
Let me guess. They just want you to provide them with your banking info.

No, my card was already charged last week when I bought them. They sent me this message on Tuesday:

Thanks again for buying your Super Bowl tickets from Big Red Tickets. We have our complete pickup details and instructions for this weekend in Glendale.

This year all of our pickups will be on Gameday. Our location in Glendale is within walking distance of the University of Phoenix Stadium - so there is no need to make any added trip to pickup your tickets. Our office will be in the Staybridge Suites at 9340 Cabela Dr, Glendale, AZ 85303. Our conference room is "The Cardinal Room" on the first floor. Our office will be open on Sunday starting at 12:30pm, four hours before kickoff.

In order to pickup your tickets, all you will need is a Photo ID matching the name on the invoice (or the top line of this email) and the credit card you used to make the purchase. If you need to make arrangements to have someone else pickup the tickets, please email us as soon as possible as we will need to take care of that in advance in writing.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

mikeak

Reaction score
Take the money. Lots of people are not getting tickets. Lots of people are taking double money - they won't get you a ticket in the end so you will get 125% and still not see the game. At least with $10k you can try to scalp for $8k on gameday and come out ok (if you don't buy false tickets)

Articles all over the place about this fiasco

mikeak

Reaction score
Aros":2ngxifsd said:
Watched a segment tonight on the local news with 12's getting screwed out of tickets they already bought.

The way SB tickets are sold needs to END. It is ridiculous how it is right now. Scammers running rampant. And even the legit sources need reform.

Many of the failing brokers are smaller and others have disclaimers like the OPs company with 125% rule.

Fine print and out of business will kill most lawsuits. And is it really worth it when all you get back will be a few thousand (if lucky) for hotel and travel cost etc....

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ehwr3o1 said:
So let me get this straight: you bought tickets for $5000, and they want to buy them back at $9500 ?

Sounds good to me, but it sounds like they have the tickets and just want to resell them at a higher price. How can they "buy back" tickets that they can't get ?

I wonder if you could let them repurchase them, then buy some scalped tickets at the door for a tidy profit ? Sucks that you flew down there and now can't get in.

They don't have the tickets. This is happening to hundreds of people, who bought "short sold" tickets that were based on a promise to obtain the tickets (or an acceptance conditioned on actually being able to acquire the tickets). These were tickets listed without a specific row #.

The $9,500 is a settlement offer. They are attempting to purchase his legal claim, not the tickets themselves. To purchase cover (new tickets) at this time, would cost over $10,000 a piece. He also may have a claim for promissory estoppel based on his detrimental reliance in buying a hotel and airfare with the reasonable expectation that he would receive the tickets he was promised.

Stubhub has proven itself be far superior to Tiqiq. They have bought tickets at a significant loss for everyone who was promised tickets by short sellers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems to me that Stubhub is about the only trustworthy ticket broker on the marker for SB tickets. Anyone else is a HUGE risk.

Bprez3

Reaction score
hawknation2015":36hju9yx said:
Hawks46":36hju9yx said:

They don't have the tickets. This is happening to hundreds of people, who bought "short sold" tickets that were based on a promise to obtain the tickets (or an acceptance conditioned on actually being able to acquire the tickets). These were tickets listed without a specific row #.

The $9,500 is a settlement offer. They are attempting to purchase his legal claim, not the tickets themselves. To purchase cover (new tickets) at this time, would cost over $10,000 a piece. He also may have a claim for promissory estoppel based on his detrimental reliance in buying a hotel and airfare with the reasonable expectation that he would receive the tickets he was promised.

Stubhub has proven itself be far superior to Tiqiq. They have bought tickets at a significant loss for everyone who was promised tickets by short sellers.

This is probably the most intelligent post I have ever read on this site. With that said, Talons, I am afraid Big Red Tickets (Tiqiq) will not be a viable option. Take the settlement and try elsewhere. I truly feel sorry for you and wish you the best of luck

LTH

Reaction score
SeahawkTalons":1o58xnds said:
LTH":1o58xnds said:
Sounds like some kind of a scam...

Bought straight off Hawkbloggers Twitter link

I dont know what that is but I know one thing if it sounds to good to be true it probably is...

LTH

drdiags

Reaction score
The whole speculative buying aspect of all this gives me a headache. Ticket outlets take $800-$1200 dollar face value tickets, sell them on speculation at an inflated price, speculating that once they actually purchase them from ticket brokers later in the week at a deflated price they will make bank.

So some TBD set of ticket brokers pull an OPEC and now the speculators either have to honor the inflated price they sold on spec to the customer and lose money by paying the hiked up ticket prices or they try to get the customer to let them off the hook with a 125% refund.

I don't feel sorry for the ticket outlets, I loathe the ticket brokers and I do not understand why the NFL even allows this to happen. The NFL must be getting a nice percentage on the sale of these tickets using this form of ticket distribution. Greed all around.

Sorry to hear folks are getting the short end of the stick. Never knew that this was how Superbowl tickets were sold. Seems once you put your money on a ticket, if should have been a closed transaction no matter how nefarious the back-end of the distribution process worked.

253hawk

Reaction score
Aros":1w2sv76a said:

The NFL is a reactive business, not a proactive one. Because nothing like this has ever happened before.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Is someone going to have a crap load of tickets that they are going to have to dump or eat minutes before kickoff?

seabowl

Reaction score
Reaneypark":34xy9aym said:
Is someone going to have a crap load of tickets that they are going to have to dump or eat minutes before kickoff?

What I've been saying for a while now. Buy tickets on gameday and from one place:

Stubhub

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
KOMO News just ran a story about the same thing. A couple bought tickets from a broker way back in Sept, and were going no matter who was playing. They get to Arizona, and learned the broker resold the tickets at a much higher price. Unbelievable.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Shouldn't Goodell be focused on fixing this instead of always trying to fine ML?

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I wonder if this is happening to Patriots fans as well? Or is it mostly Seahawks fans? I remember this happened in 2006 as well. A lot of Seahawks fans were denied tickets and Squealer fans were getting them all.