SEA vs GB

Bobblehead

Reaction score
rainger":2u0lftxl said:
Well I want us to win. But if my life was dependent on getting it right as to who will win I think I would have to say GB even though it pains me so much to say that.

Thankfully my life does not depend on it so I will predict a Hawks win even though I don't think I will be right. It is wishful thinking.

You mean,, them, Or the Seahawks right?

sorry. :)

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
nrayorr":1dm8tm5m said:
I don't know about all of you, but I am actually feeling pretty good about a W in this game. I just have a feeling that we are going to do quite well in this game. What do all of you think?

I agree everyone is counting the Hawks out , but I feel they had a excellent week of Practice , are all on the same page ( were I think we were not quite ready for the Rams game ) and will play like the Hawks can , Yes they are going to Miss Cancellor but I predict we will pull it off in a close game 27-23

chet380

Reaction score
A monster pass rush, a few big Special Teams plays, time-consuming grind-it-out offensive series and we're in this one.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3496m4rw said:
We're going to win this football game. Been saying it all week. Been saying it since the schedule came out, actually.

Need Bevell to stick with what works. Let's get that run game going to setup PA, Vs starting out trying to be too clever/cute with his new toys.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
StoneCold":209ojxfo said:
Will be a cake walk.

SC

You ARE aware that 'SC' is already in your signature? Is this like a Denny Crane complex? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

APB

Reaction score
I'll say this...you're a different fan base when your team is playing an opponent away from the CLink. I remember the banter last year and it was a completely different vibe.

I see so many bemoaning Kam and his contract situation. The Packers are a team without its best receiver, without two of its best run defenders, and without its starting RT (second best overall OL)....yet the majority are predicting a Seahawk loss, some even a blowout loss.

I came here thinking I'd hear all sorts of bravado. Didn't think it'd be about the Packers.

So much for swagger...

Laloosh

Reaction score
APB":2goaxf25 said:
I'll say this...you're a different fan base when your team is playing an opponent away from the CLink. I remember the banter last year and it was a completely different vibe.

I see so many bemoaning Kam and his contract situation. The Packers are a team without its best receiver, without two of its best run defenders, and without its starting RT (second best overall OL)....yet the majority are predicting a Seahawk loss, some even a blowout loss.

I came here thinking I'd hear all sorts of bravado. Didn't think it'd be about the Packers.

So much for swagger...

Oh thank God. I was afraid we'd have to wait until game day before we got our first condescending Richard that roots for the other team. Thanks for putting me at ease about this. I can finally go back to eating and sleeping.

RW92

Reaction score
Hate to say it but I'm still concerned playing without Kam. I've heard some reports recently that there is a question to the chemistry of the team in the locker room, especially after some of the calls last week. Couple that with the sting that still lingers after the no run from the 1/2 yard line in the Super Bowl and there is a slight angst developing. Hope I'm wrong but if we get off to a slow start it will be a long evening for us. And if we do lose this game will the Seahawks brass sacrifice the year over principle by not bringing Kam back in and re-organizing his contract, or will they rise to their senses and move a few dollars from future years to this year. The choice is theirs. It's just a matter of how much pain they are willing to observe.

irocdave

Reaction score
APB":oy0a3ia2 said:

So much for swagger...

That was last year dude, the hawks and hawk fans knew what was up last year and the team was in a great position to repeat as champions. This year is different. You come here thinking one thing then are shocked that hawk fans are thinking the same as you are and still try and take a jab? I guess that's called trolling although it just seems stupid to me.

BTW, I don't see the hawks winning this one, as a matter of fact, this could be the first blow out loss of this cycle of hawk team. And that's OK. That happens to every team, even the Packers. If this is a down year, so be it. This team will make the playoffs this year, it's just a matter of what seeding.

So in short, hawk fans aren't as brash as they have been because we know the team has some real holes in it / issues this year. That's my take on it. To me, that shows the fans aren't the bandwagon jumping idiots most other fan bases try to make us out as. Like I said several times, just because you don't know the history of our team doesn't make hawk fans ignorant.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I think Seattle wins by +6. What I really want is OT and RW to say, "We want the ball, and we're going to score."

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't feel (yea, learned that from the wife, cant discount it !!) that the hawks will not be coming home with a W.

But then, you look at something like this ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Ni ... _standings

And you think, yes, they will pull a rabbit out of the hat and curb stomp the pack. I understand this isn't the most up to date, and doesn't compile all the "prime time" Thursday and Sunday night games. My gut says that winning percentage for the hawks doesn't change if those games are factored in, as well as the drubbing they took against the cow patties that one year on Thanksgiving day.

Erebus

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3rwrxg4i said:
The nice thing is that we are allowed to lose here. Anybody is an underdog at Lambeau. But we do probably have a decent shot.

What does this even mean? Just because we aren't expected to win doesn't make losing okay. If we lose we're in a big hole against GB for playoff seeding. There's no reason to expect us to lose now and then be able to go into GB in January and win.

idahohawk

Reaction score
nrayorr":272s88o6 said:
I don't know about all of you, but I am actually feeling pretty good about a W in this game. I just have a feeling that we are going to do quite well in this game. What do all of you think?

I admire your optimism, but nope, not feeling it whatsoever. I hope I'm wrong.

irocdave

Reaction score
nrayorr":10iidnxm said:

You should probably get that checked out, seems like that feeling is out of touch with reality. Hope, yes, feel, no. Hope I get lambasted Monday for my posts, just not seeing / feeling it happen. Not yet.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Erebus":161i3jh0 said:
Overseasfan":161i3jh0 said:
The nice thing is that we are allowed to lose here. Anybody is an underdog at Lambeau. But we do probably have a decent shot.

What does this even mean? Just because we aren't expected to win doesn't make losing okay. If we lose we're in a big hole against GB for playoff seeding. There's no reason to expect us to lose now and then be able to go into GB in January and win.

If we lose against GB we are 3 games back from them in playoff seeding

Rainger

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2hmcdgkt said:
rainger":2hmcdgkt said:
Well I want us to win. But if my life was dependent on getting it right as to who will win I think I would have to say GB even though it pains me so much to say that.

Thankfully my life does not depend on it so I will predict a Hawks win even though I don't think I will be right. It is wishful thinking.

You mean,, them, Or the Seahawks right?

sorry. :)
Yup u are right.

But as a fan I can say I want us to win because it as a fan. We as fans want to win so I can say us.

But when I say are WE still the LOB that is different because We as fans were never the LOB. It is all about context.

But I will give you this. However I will always say us and we when it is about us as fans. But I will never refer to us or we when I am referring to the team as a whole and when I do please correct me. :D LOL

Rob12

Reaction score
APB":2i0rudus said:

So much for swagger...

It's been a rough offseason.

And you're crying because people here are giving your team respect?

Nice try, troll.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ever since the schedule came out, I've been expecting an 0-2 start, so I'm prepared. That being said, I feel better about the chances for a win in this game than I did against the Rams. While I feel it will be a tougher game defensively, I just feel we'll have more room to breathe on offense than we do against the Rams.