SEA vs GB

APB

Reaction score
Rob12":2q90f0fb said:
APB":2q90f0fb said:
I'll say this...you're a different fan base when your team is playing an opponent away from the CLink. I remember the banter last year and it was a completely different vibe.

I see so many bemoaning Kam and his contract situation. The Packers are a team without its best receiver, without two of its best run defenders, and without its starting RT (second best overall OL)....yet the majority are predicting a Seahawk loss, some even a blowout loss.

I came here thinking I'd hear all sorts of bravado. Didn't think it'd be about the Packers.

So much for swagger...

It's been a rough offseason.

And you're crying because people here are giving your team respect?

Nice try, troll.
Hardly crying, simply stating an observation. Not at all what I expected from a fan base as confident as you all have been until very recently.

Last year, when the tables were turned, several of your members felt compelled to visit Packer forums and expound the that confidence. Were they trolls, too? Or was that simply gamesmanship amongst fan bases? I'd like to think the latter. Just as it is this year.

Atradees

Reaction score
We gotta beat these guys. The 12s need a boost......Everyone is calling for our downfall because a Safety isnt playing? Come on....We are talking about a team led by RW that is the winning-est qb in the history of the NFL.

Mike McCarthy recently had to give up play calling.....we can whip em!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
APB":3thcouk5 said:
Rob12":3thcouk5 said:
APB":3thcouk5 said:
I'll say this...you're a different fan base when your team is playing an opponent away from the CLink. I remember the banter last year and it was a completely different vibe.

I see so many bemoaning Kam and his contract situation. The Packers are a team without its best receiver, without two of its best run defenders, and without its starting RT (second best overall OL)....yet the majority are predicting a Seahawk loss, some even a blowout loss.

I came here thinking I'd hear all sorts of bravado. Didn't think it'd be about the Packers.

So much for swagger...

It's been a rough offseason.

And you're crying because people here are giving your team respect?

Nice try, troll.
Hardly crying, simply stating an observation. Not at all what I expected from a fan base as confident as you all have been until very recently.

Last year, when the tables were turned, several of your members felt compelled to visit Packer forums and expound the that confidence. Were they trolls, too? Or was that simply gamesmanship amongst fan bases? I'd like to think the latter. Just as it is this year.

For myself, It was Gamesmanship. I learned a lot from your fanbase and appreciated the discussion. I still plan on wandering over if you all dont mind. I accept the intellectual conversation too.

ptisme

Reaction score
Nelson and Barrington getting hurt were bad... Bulaga out is devastating....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ptisme":7ci8j46b said:

Asked on your board but, do you think that your secondary defense will be running a press man coverage most of the game or a zone? Just curious.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
When I first saw the schedule I figured week 1 as a probable loss and week 2 about 50-50...and the difference between 13-3 and 12-4. I still see it that way. I think the 'Hawks will be better than last week on both sides of the ball and the Packers D is not as good as the Rams. I think if the D line can hit Rodgers hard a few times early and we see some 2 back sets with Jackson either lead blocking for Marshawn or taking an outlet pass...along with Lockett and Jimmy being Lockett and Jimmy...the 'Hawks will bring home the W.

LolaRox

Reaction score
This is a difficult game to predict. We know Rodgers plays at different level at home, but when you factor in all the missing players on both sides, who knows what will happen. Packers are exceptional at home and Pete's Hawks are exceptional in Primetime, will be interesting to say the least.

I still believe the Hawks can get it done. I think we need to run the ball down their throats until they can barely utter uncle and sprinkle in a little Jimmy and NoE.

OASN - I'm being forced to watch this game with some very obnoxious Packer fans (all good friends) so for personal reasons I hope the Seahawks can go to Lambeau and kick butt.

ptisme

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":f6585st0 said:
ptisme":f6585st0 said:

Asked on your board but, do you think that your secondary defense will be running a press man coverage most of the game or a zone? Just curious.
They usually mix it up.... With your offensive line play this year I'd imagine there will be quite a bit of press man

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
nrayorr":29wz4cio said:
I don't know about all of you, but I am actually feeling pretty good about a W in this game. I just have a feeling that we are going to do quite well in this game. What do all of you think?
I'm with you. Green Bay couldn't stop the run in the first place but now that they lost their best run stopper for the season the plan is simple. Run them right into oblivion and keep Erin on the bench.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
irocdave":4m4z5kp6 said:
I don't feel (yea, learned that from the wife, cant discount it !!) that the hawks will not be coming home with a W.

But then, you look at something like this ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Ni ... _standings

And you think, yes, they will pull a rabbit out of the hat and curb stomp the pack. I understand this isn't the most up to date, and doesn't compile all the "prime time" Thursday and Sunday night games. My gut says that winning percentage for the hawks doesn't change if those games are factored in, as well as the drubbing they took against the cow patties that one year on Thanksgiving day.
We are 20-8 on MNF and 10-1 in any and all primetime games under Pete Carroll (most of them are on SNF). Last loss was at Candlestick in 2012 13-7 because Turbin couldn't break an arm tackle if his life depended on it. IIRC

Hence the reason he's not a Seahawk anymore.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Wow. Defeatist mentality overload :34853_doh:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't felt more confident in a loss in like forever. Don't hate me for being honest.

Just don't feel a win on any level today. If I am wrong I will be the happiest person to eat crow in the history of crow eating.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's okay, you guys seem to think Green Bay actually defends the run, the RO or any quarterback named Keapernick or Wilson. Like Erin said last year....Relax even Frankie suggested the same thing twenty or thirty years ago. Good advice in my opinion.

We got this.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":150lyx2j said:
nrayorr":150lyx2j said:
I don't know about all of you, but I am actually feeling pretty good about a W in this game. I just have a feeling that we are going to do quite well in this game. What do all of you think?
I'm with you. Green Bay couldn't stop the run in the first place but now that they lost their best run stopper for the season the plan is simple. Run them right into oblivion and keep Erin on the bench.

What up Jo? Well I'd like to make this a ménage a trois betwixt us three (assuming you both are women) but I have just a few concerns here.

Can we run the ball In Lambaeu, On SNF with 3/5 of basically a rookie oline? Pass protect?
Of course I hope so...but.

And our newly soft underbelly being the legion of what? Aaron or Erin, whichever it is, Is pretty good at throwing the ball and putting it right where he wants to. And to make things worse, he's got a healthy calf.

Of course I'd love to see/watch our D just f'n DOMINATE and I hope I am sooo wrong about this, but my gut is saying otherwise.

0-2. Now I guess I'd better head over to AROS' thread and make it official :(

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3mdjmh6c said:
MizzouHawkGal":3mdjmh6c said:
nrayorr":3mdjmh6c said:

What up Jo? Well I'd like to make this a ménage a trois betwixt us three (assuming you both are women) but I have just a few concerns here.

Can we run the ball In Lambaeu, On SNF with 3/5 of basically a rookie oline? Pass protect?

And our newly soft underbelly being the legion of what? Aaron or Erin, whichever it is, Is pretty good at throwing the ball and putting it right where he wants to. And to make things worse, he's got a healthy calf.

Of course I'd love to see/watch our D just f'n DOMINATE and I hope I am sooo wrong about this, but my gut is saying otherwise.

I'm a woman and you have to remember we never played anybody together before last week. Did Green Bay suddenly learn how to stop the run yesterday? Is Cutler an actual quarterback? If so please inform me.

I have actual money on the fact that we'll be playing in Santa Clara in February so give me a bone at least. :)

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1a4wk4hm said:
400WattHPSHawk":1a4wk4hm said:
MizzouHawkGal":1a4wk4hm said:
nrayorr":1a4wk4hm said:

I'm a woman and you have to remember we never played anybody together before last week. Did Green Bay suddenly learn how to stop the run yesterday? Is Cutler an actual quarterback? If so please inform me.

I have actual money on the fact that we'll be playing in Santa Clara in February so give me a bone at least. :)
Understanding 2/3 of this trifecta now, Yes, You would get your Bone. :lol:

erik2690

Reaction score
I'm feeling positive about it, but nervous/guarded as usual. I mean they are a really good team and are at home. I'm still not hitting panic even if we lose at GB. I feel like next 4 after are easier than these first 2 so 0-2 is certainly not good, but it doesn't have to be 'sky is falling' unless they lose in a way that suggests that. A win would be awesome and I think it will be within our grasp.

dino26

Reaction score
With their Oline worries if Marshawn gets his beastmode on I can see us getting a W though I am not overly confident.

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":psns7kaj said:
irocdave":psns7kaj said:
I don't feel (yea, learned that from the wife, cant discount it !!) that the hawks will not be coming home with a W.

But then, you look at something like this ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Ni ... _standings

And you think, yes, they will pull a rabbit out of the hat and curb stomp the pack. I understand this isn't the most up to date, and doesn't compile all the "prime time" Thursday and Sunday night games. My gut says that winning percentage for the hawks doesn't change if those games are factored in, as well as the drubbing they took against the cow patties that one year on Thanksgiving day.
We are 20-8 on MNF and 10-1 in any and all primetime games under Pete Carroll (most of them are on SNF). Last loss was at Candlestick in 2012 13-7 because Turbin couldn't break an arm tackle if his life depended on it. IIRC

Hence the reason he's not a Seahawk anymore.
You're exactly right... Their best run defending DT is suspended the first three games too... If I was GB I'd run blitz the whole damn game and hope wilson makes a mistake or two....