Seahawks 2022 Draft Day 1 Thread

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Its here...as Hawks fans the last few years getting excited for the draft was not something we needed to worry about because of either picks already being traded or picks way to low due to good reg season records. With the face of the team gone this could be one of the most important couple of days in this franchise history. I can't say that I trust Pete or John to draft but they need to get this one right. Please don't trade down so low into the 1st rd or out of the 1st rd...please don't draft a guy with character concerns from San Fernando Poly Tech Christian City College who could of been had in rd6...And please do not draft a qb with the 1st or 2nd rd picks!!!!!

James in PA

Reaction score
You won't see too much bitching from me if any of the following players ends us being our first selection:

Walker
Hutchinson
Ekwonu
Sauce
Neal
Cross
Thibs
Stingley
Jermaine Johnson
Jordan Davis

Borderine acceptable:

Karlaftis
Devonte Wyatt
Linderbaum
and maybe a couple other players, depending on what they get in return on a trade.

Telling you right now, if they pass on any of these guys for Trevor Penning, I am done with Pete and John.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Getting the popcorn ready for this evenings upcoming NFL Draft Seahawk.net meltdown with the decision of the first pick and/or trade. 🤯 The responses will be entertaining nevertheless.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So many draft days, I've had a list of guys that I was excited about at our slot.

But as a Seahawk fan, you learn not to expect anything out of the 1st round.

Half the time, there is no pick (or it feels like half the time)

And what seems like half the time we trade down and the pick we get really makes little or no impact even years later.

I still watch draft day just to see what the other teams are doing.

But when it comes to the Seahawk slot, I've learned it is either likely moving or unlikely to matter. Often both.

I cannot tell you how many Baker, Savage, ect were sitting there on draft day with us fans excited about getting them and only to realize nothing of any importance is going to happen in the 1st round for us.

The Rams proved you don't even need draft picks in the 1st but so I get it. But you learn not to get excited about the 1st draft day. Usually I am pretty amped about Day 2, just to see who we DO get. But Day 1 is pretty much a tease.

Spohawks

Reaction score
LETS FREAKING DO THIS!!!
The Hawks have a ton of holes so outside of WR, I am cool with any position in the 1st. #NOSTRETCHES

Preference: OL, CB, DE

The exciting part is when #9 pops up and so many huge names have slipped and its just candy for the taking!

Chawker

Reaction score
My wish is to draft Walker, then trade back into the first round and take either Sam Howell or Devonta Wyatt.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Interesting development, kind of ties into my mock draft to get our QB of the future next year by getting Houston's 2023 1st rounder.

[Twitter]

Blaze

Reaction score
Seahawks fans in a Forrest Gump voice-- "the Seahawks draft is like a box of chocolates, you never know what yer gonna get" 😂😂

Happy Draft Day all!!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Its here...as Hawks fans the last few years getting excited for the draft was not something we needed to worry about because of either picks already being traded or picks way to low due to good reg season records. With the face of the team gone this could be one of the most important couple of days in this franchise history. I can't say that I trust Pete or John to draft but they need to get this one right. Please don't trade down so low into the 1st rd or out of the 1st rd...please don't draft a guy with character concerns from San Fernando Poly Tech Christian City College who could of been had in rd6...And please do not draft a qb with the 1st or 2nd rd picks!!!!!
I agree Cyrus, with everything except the not picking a QB in the second round. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out what we're going to do, so now I just sit and watch them do their magic, then cry myself to sleep when it's over. LOL

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If one of the top rush-ends/ tackles / corners slips to 9 and we trade down out of that spot that will be very disappointing. Like a report I heard this morning that if Thibedeaux is dropping the Eagles may be interested in moving into the top 10. If he's there at 9 I want the Hawks to take him, not trade down

Rat

Reaction score
If one of the top rush-ends/ tackles / corners slips to 9 and we trade down out of that spot that will be very disappointing. Like a report I heard this morning that if Thibedeaux is dropping the Eagles may be interested in moving into the top 10. If he's there at 9 I want the Hawks to take him, not trade down
I believe after tonight, I'm going to petition the site owner to allow me to steal your handle with an extra "D" in the middle.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I am sick of trading our top pick to move down. If we trade the #9 pick it better be to move up. They've always said there is a drop off after the top 15. Well we're in the top 15 this year and we damn well better take advantage of that.

Sonichound16

Reaction score
I would love to see an edge rusher, CB or OL fall that is worth taking at #9. I am curious if Kyle Hamilton is there at #9 if we would scoop him up and move Adams up into a LB position. Hamilton and Diggs on the backside with Adams playing more in the middle and rushing the passer would be interesting. Not saying it is going to happen but it is one of those Seahawks moves that we may not expect.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I believe after tonight, I'm going to petition the site owner to allow me to steal your handle with an extra "D" in the middle.
Ha ha, it took me a second to figure that out. The reference I am using is totally different so I'm 100% on board if that's the way things shake out tonight (or maybe tomorrow)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stickied for your viewing pleasure.

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF