Seahawks best team in league this year

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ul2znff said:
adeltaY":3ul2znff said:
Yeah... so would that make the '14 Chiefs the best team that year? Or the '13 Colts?

TBF it would also probably make the BIlls the best team in the league this year, as they blanked the Patriots and beat them by three scores instead of one.

The Bills.

Let me say that again. The Bills. :lol:

Bills played them when Brady was still suspended. Seahawks only team to beat Brady this year.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Crizilla":21rq3wix said:
Popeyejones":21rq3wix said:
adeltaY":21rq3wix said:
Yeah... so would that make the '14 Chiefs the best team that year? Or the '13 Colts?

TBF it would also probably make the BIlls the best team in the league this year, as they blanked the Patriots and beat them by three scores instead of one.

The Bills.

Bills played them when Brady was still suspended. Seahawks only team to beat Brady this year.
And I'll repeat that for effect. The Seahawks were "the ONLY team to beat Brady helmed Pats this year".

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Crizilla":2as4xy0i said:
Popeyejones":2as4xy0i said:
adeltaY":2as4xy0i said:

The Bills.

I don't think anyone's pickin' up what you're puttin' down, OP.

Seafan

Reaction score
Crizilla":3qoe3owj said:
Not joking.

Only team to beat Brady and the Pats entire season. Even stopped them at the goal line to win. Not even trolling. What outweighs head to head? Congrats, bros. It was a great season.

To make your OP correct it should say the only team to beat the best team in the league this year. What's amazing is they did it in New England and without Rawls. On any given Sunday....

The Hawks were very inconsistent this season and when they lost Earl their season was over.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I applaud the OP and this thread. Too many on her set their focus only on the Super Bowl and anything short of that is a failure. That's crazy thinking to me. Part of the fun of the NFL season to me is the journey and the smaller accomplishments that pop up along the way. The win over Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro was definitely an achievement to be proud of.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2c9487di said:
I applaud the OP and this thread. Too many on her set their focus only on the Super Bowl and anything short of that is a failure. That's crazy thinking to me. Part of the fun of the NFL season to me is the journey and the smaller accomplishments that pop up along the way. The win over Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro was definitely an achievement to be proud of.

I wouldn't say this year was a failure but we didn't improve this year from last soooo, two seasons of purgatory. Lets be clear what the acceptable goals for this season were.

1.Win the division
2.Get home field advantage
3.Win the Super Bowl

We got one. With our talent these are reasonable. In other years maybe a fair goal is just to make the playoffs or win a playoff game for the season to be successful. Maybe it is getting to the NFC championship.

I also look at the season as a journey and it was fun to beat the Patriots in Foxboro,,,, at the beginning of the season. At this point, beating NE means absolutely nothing and not to mention the team didn't grow from the win.

Id like to see a Seahawk fan at a sports bar after the Patriots just won the SB and you start telling everyone who will listen, "my team was the only team to beat Brady and NE this year". You would get a big fat WGAF.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":igv998td said:

If we were the 49ers that would be a worthy victory to be proud of, but, we are not the 49ers, were the Seahawks. We are one of the most, talented teams in the league, and by many accounts a SB contender. Our only goal is winning the SB, the victory over the Patriots, was business, not a feather to hang in our caps.. just another team to beat along our journey to the end. I really think, were in a window, where the focus is the Super Bowl and anything short of that is a failure.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Crizilla":uo0b65pr said:
Not joking.

Only team to beat Brady and the Pats entire season. Even stopped them at the goal line to win. Not even trolling. What outweighs head to head? Congrats, bros. It was a great season.

Settle down. Lil too worked up.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":y0jh72na said:
Siouxhawk":y0jh72na said:

If we were the 49ers that would be a worthy victory to be proud of, but, we are not the 49ers, were the Seahawks. We are one of the most, talented teams in the league, and by many accounts a SB contender. Our only goal is winning the SB, the victory over the Patriots, was business, not a feather to hang in our caps.. just another team to beat along our journey to the end. I really think, were in a window, where the focus is the Super Bowl and anything short of that is a failure.
That to me is way too harsh. Sure it's the goal every year to win a Super Bowl, but it's also the goal of the 31 other teams, many of whom also have superb talent. I just think your way of thinking sets you up for a fall more times than not. The Patriot win, coupled with the fact that we had double-digit wins and a playoff victory keeps us among the league's elite. It also shows our margin go again be champions is much smaller than many around the league.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":16qths86 said:
Bobblehead":16qths86 said:
Siouxhawk":16qths86 said:

That to me is way too harsh. Sure it's the goal every year to win a Super Bowl, but it's also the goal of the 31 other teams, many of whom also have superb talent. I just think your way of thinking sets you up for a fall more times than not. The Patriot win, coupled with the fact that we had double-digit wins and a playoff victory keeps us among the league's elite. It also shows our margin go again be champions is much smaller than many around the league.

I agree, the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl and victory. That said, we are a team that has done the hard work to get to that point where we are contenders. Teams like the 49ers.. Browns are at a point where they are building their way to be where we are, well at least trying to, I would hope.

After winning the SB, having our core players intact, we shouldn't have to find solace that we beat the Pats, or if we lose to the Pats, they are a great team obviously, but it shouldn't be what we boast about. We are a team on the way to the SB, that should squash lesser teams, Beat good teams and play competitively with great teams. Yet here we are, rejoicing in a meaningless victory over a great team.

My friend we are at a point in time where winning the SB is all that counts, we don't get these opportunities very often as you, a Seahawk fan should know.
BTW, I was happy with the Patriot victory.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Crizilla":11zd695y said:
seahawkfreak":11zd695y said:
Crizilla":11zd695y said:
Not joking.

Going to the SB and winning.

To be the best you have to beat the best, my friend. We beat the best.
If we follow that logic then we are also one of the worst as well. We lost to the 4-12 Rams, and the 7-9 New Orleans Saints. We also tied with the 7-8-1 Arizona Cardinals.

To be the best in the NFL you also need to be the most consistent. We were far from the most consistent team in the NFL. There are some games we barely scraped by some truly dreadful teams.

nash72

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2stoz46p said:

Agreed. The Super Bowl is the main objective, not beating the Patriots in a regular season game.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pats were real pissed after losing to us. You saw it in Brady's face. Pissed them off so much they never lost again. Seahawks window is not closed, my friends. Still good as anyone. That's the point of this thread. I applaud the people not taking this literally word for word.

cymatica

Reaction score
I guess Bevell is better than McDaniels

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":21c2b7vx said:
seahawkfreak":21c2b7vx said:
Crizilla":21c2b7vx said:
Not joking.

Going to the SB and winning.

To be the best you have to beat the best, my friend. We beat the best.

You must have missed the Falcon's playoff game.

Hyak

Reaction score
It's all about winning championships. The expectations for this group of Seahawks is to win it all. Anything short of that is a disappointment.

Yes, Seattle beat NE in the regular season on the road. Clearly it was their most impressive win of 2016. It showed the potential that the team had if it played it's best.

That said, this team was just to up and down (mainly on offense but the kicking game too) and lost to a number of inferior teams that cost them a chance at home field advantage and a bye. That's not championship football.

Once ET went down, the pass defense went from being very very good to poor and was exposed by good QB's.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Crizilla":209kyzuz said:
Pats were real pissed after losing to us. You saw it in Brady's face. Pissed them off so much they never lost again. Seahawks window is not closed, my friends. Still good as anyone. That's the point of this thread. I applaud the people not taking this literally word for word.

The emphasis needs to be that we can beat the best this year, not actually are the best, which I agree with. This team is loaded with talent but how flat they looked in some games this year was inexcusable.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I never got the notion the Pats were "pissed off" that they lost to us, seemed they took it as any team losing a non meaning game.. just a loss. Why wold they be pissed off, Hawks are a good team capable of winning against the Pats. Pats maybe pissed off if they lost to say the 49ers, but not to the Hawks. Hawks should be pissed off losing to the Turds, the Bucs the Rams.

I think if anything if the Pats were pissed off is that they didn't take into account what a great game CJ Prosise would have.