Seahawks best team in league this year

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":9hwbv69i said:
I never got the notion the Pats were "pissed off" that they lost to us, seemed they took it as any team losing a non meaning game.. just a loss. Why wold they be pissed off, Hawks are a good team capable of winning against the Pats. Pats maybe pissed off if they lost to say the 49ers, but not to the Hawks. Hawks should be pissed off losing to the Turds, the Bucs the Rams.

I think if anything if the Pats were pissed off is that they didn't take into account what a great game CJ Prosise would have.

I don't think pissed off either, but after that loss they definitely circled the wagons and re-focused.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Belichick the greatest coach of all time. He has the ability to keep his teams grinding day in and day out with minimal nonsense and distraction. It's really incredible................and he does it all with less talent than most playoff teams.

Teams like Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas, Pittsburgh, etc have far more roster talent than NE year in and year out, yet here they are again on top.

Seymour

Reaction score
To be a champion, you need to be consistent and win the games you should win. Not just win a couple big games, then choke against lesser teams.

This thread is ridiculous and sad. Losers should just bow down gracefully IMO.

Threedee

Reaction score
johnnyfever":15og89lq said:
Crizilla":15og89lq said:
Not joking.

Only team to beat Brady and the Pats entire season. Even stopped them at the goal line to win. Not even trolling. What outweighs head to head? Congrats, bros. It was a great season.

Settle down. Lil too worked up.

Well, people frequently lament the negative and combative atmosphere on this forum, of late. Perhaps some mindless homerism is in order. :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Threedee":7mkgma6f said:
johnnyfever":7mkgma6f said:
Crizilla":7mkgma6f said:
Not joking.

Only team to beat Brady and the Pats entire season. Even stopped them at the goal line to win. Not even trolling. What outweighs head to head? Congrats, bros. It was a great season.

Settle down. Lil too worked up.

Well, people frequently lament the negative and combative atmosphere on this forum, of late. Perhaps some mindless homerism is in order. :D

It's only combative if you swing back. :)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, the best 2 teams played on Sunday. And one of them made a couple of the worst play calling decisions in history.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":pj74wuy9 said:
Nah, the best 2 teams played on Sunday. And one of them made a couple of the worst play calling decisions in history.

:) I think you will get an argument somewhere, not sure where.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Truth. The difference is that the Pats made a great defensive play. Atlanta CHOSE to be incredibly stupid and not run it twice, eat up clock, go up 11 w/very little time on the clock. Game over.
Also, 3rd and 1 the previous drive and you have a running back who is averaging almost 7 a carry, but yeah, call a pass play, and lose the ball. Wow

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Yes sir, beating the Patriots was a huge quality OOC win for us that the committee loves. I think we definitely have a good shot at the Alamo Bowl now.

Damn, had we only beaten Arizona at home we could've gone to the Rose Bowl.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The OP is a ridiculous proposition. We limp down the stretch, going 3-3 against what was supposed to be the weakest remaining schedule in the league, receive the worst beating by far in the past 3 years courtesy of the Packers, then get our asses kicked by the Falcons and somehow we're better than not only the Falcons but the World Champs, too?

Talk about being in denial. Eee gads.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":23ud4465 said:
Yes sir, beating the Patriots was a huge quality OOC win for us that the committee loves. I think we definitely have a good shot at the Alamo Bowl now.

Damn, had we only beaten Arizona at home we could've gone to the Rose Bowl.

I suppose the Poinsetta Bowl is out then. DAng.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
For awhile during the regular season, our team was the best in the league.

Once Earl got injured, then the team started to sputter their way to the finish line. But I like positive threads over negative ones, so nice job! :2thumbs:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
LOL. Uhh....no. There are times when this board reveals the reality that Washington is a legalized pot state.

:17:

Not even close. We had too many fatal flaws.

But bless you for your optimism, Criz.

RiverDog

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":11ay796a said:
LOL. Uhh....no. There are times when this board reveals the reality that Washington is a legalized pot state.

:17:

Not even close. We had too many fatal flaws.

But bless you for your optimism, Criz.

LOL!

With all due respects to the OP as I know it was made with the best of intentions, but I don't think optimism is the right term to describe it. More like revisionist history or selective memory. Erase the losses and embarrassing efforts and pretend that they didn't happen.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
The Browns beat the Chargers, who beat the Falcons, who eliminated the Seahawks from the playoffs, who beat the Patriots. Thus, the Browns are the best team in football.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":5r417wlh said:
The Browns beat the Chargers, who beat the Falcons, who eliminated the Seahawks from the playoffs, who beat the Patriots. Thus, the Browns are the best team in football.

Exactly. That's why the original post doesn't hold water. The Pat's game, and let's be honest, we pulled out of our butts compared to the other games this last season. That game was the freak game, not anywhere close to the norm. On to next year, let's see if they have what it takes to make the changes needed. That's if the goal is a Superbowl win. If the goal is just to make the playoffs, then keep the status quo.

RiverDog

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3eqoswq3 said:
The Pat's game, and let's be honest, we pulled out of our butts compared to the other games this last season. That game was the freak game, not anywhere close to the norm.

Truth.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Joygazm":1a5h72c9 said:
Crizilla":1a5h72c9 said:
seahawkfreak":1a5h72c9 said:
Crizilla":1a5h72c9 said:
Not joking.

Going to the SB and winning.

To be the best you have to beat the best, my friend. We beat the best.

but we lost to the team that lost to the team we beat, at best we are in a 3 way circle jerk.

+1

But its pretty much a 2 way. Hawks and the Pats are the perennial front-runners till somebody comes and
knocks us off. Falcons SB melt down shows that.

Plus, I think Russ wants to beat Brady's SB record. So, we got that going for us. :D

Go Hawks!!

RussB

Reaction score
No they werent the best. They were a top contender though, usually the best team makes it to the superbowl. Hawks were sort of a dark horse team and have been the past 2 seasons.

Patriots,falcons,cowboys. Those were best teams in the league.

Latest posts