Seahawks biggest draft bust

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
semiahmoo":8grva8vg said:
RiverDog":8grva8vg said:
mikeak":8grva8vg said:
Curry taken 4th because you have to consider all the other players you could have had instead (basically everyone)

You also have to consider the dollars being such a huge issue in recent years

As I recall, the draft we took Curry in was filled with lemons, at least at the top. There were a lot of rumors that we were going to select Mark Sanchez, who was snapped up by the Jets right after us. Jason Smith, the #2 overall taken by the Rams, was beat out by a rookie the following season and was no more productive than Curry.

Everyone remembers Brian Bosworth because without a doubt he was the most heralded #1 pick in team history and with his Mohawk haircut and stunts like arriving at practice in a helicopter, he made the biggest initial public relations splash. But he did play relatively well and contributed for several years before he was diagnosed with a degenerative shoulder problem, and was rumored to have known about the condition before he signed his guaranteed contract.

Boz could play - even when playing hurt. One of the fasted 250+ pound players I've ever seen. He had a second gear that was flat out explosive.

Yeah, that shoulder was shot when he arrived. His Sooner play was glorious - leaving out the other stuff. On the field, top 3 college linebacker of all time - with an argument to be #1 IMO.

He was fun and made Seattle a national team for a while.

Would love to have had him for a couple good years in the PC defense era. Boz would have fit right in with the 2013 Hawks crew. Maybe we win that 2nd SB against New England. You know Boz would have been gunning for a QB like Brady big time.

Boz...

[youtube]az-vWh_VcuI[/youtube]
Boz was one the best college players ever and a good pro.

Eltagi

Reaction score
Hi all - first-time poster...I like this forum very much. Reminds me somewhat of the UK Seahawkers one way back in the day.

I agree with much of this thread - esp. Curry. He looked a man among boys at WF and when we drafted him I was jumping for joy (metaphorically), so I guess he's the one that met my expectations the least.

I'd like to throw in a bust-duo from the same draft, namely WRs Doug Thomas/David Daniels.

Cheers - Jim.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1qtpdv5v said:
semiahmoo":1qtpdv5v said:
RiverDog":1qtpdv5v said:
mikeak":1qtpdv5v said:
Curry taken 4th because you have to consider all the other players you could have had instead (basically everyone)

You also have to consider the dollars being such a huge issue in recent years

As I recall, the draft we took Curry in was filled with lemons, at least at the top. There were a lot of rumors that we were going to select Mark Sanchez, who was snapped up by the Jets right after us. Jason Smith, the #2 overall taken by the Rams, was beat out by a rookie the following season and was no more productive than Curry.

Everyone remembers Brian Bosworth because without a doubt he was the most heralded #1 pick in team history and with his Mohawk haircut and stunts like arriving at practice in a helicopter, he made the biggest initial public relations splash. But he did play relatively well and contributed for several years before he was diagnosed with a degenerative shoulder problem, and was rumored to have known about the condition before he signed his guaranteed contract.

Boz could play - even when playing hurt. One of the fasted 250+ pound players I've ever seen. He had a second gear that was flat out explosive.

Yeah, that shoulder was shot when he arrived. His Sooner play was glorious - leaving out the other stuff. On the field, top 3 college linebacker of all time - with an argument to be #1 IMO.

He was fun and made Seattle a national team for a while.

Would love to have had him for a couple good years in the PC defense era. Boz would have fit right in with the 2013 Hawks crew. Maybe we win that 2nd SB against New England. You know Boz would have been gunning for a QB like Brady big time.

Boz...

[youtube]az-vWh_VcuI[/youtube]
Boz was one the best college players ever and a good pro.

Agreed!

Latest posts