Seahawks @ Falcons - week 1

Crizilla

Reaction score
Trap game for sure. Seahawks historically play well against ATL in the reg season, different story in the playoffs. Week 1 anything can happen.

OP
OP
FalconsFanNW

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
The only saving grace for Atlanta is it's at home... but on the flip side I'm kinda expecting it to be a L as part of the traditional 2-6 start to the season followed up by the 6-2 finish to clinch 8-8.

I'm half thinking of attending the game... ticket prices will be dirt cheap and the only ATL games I've ever seen have been here in Seattle.

All this is assuming the season begins on schedule.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Seahawks have a great chance to get off to a good start with the schedule (November is brutal). Agree with Cri in the analysis... but NFC win early in week 1 could pose some value in SOS in December playoff ranking, It's a good start before the opportunity to come home for 2.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":bea2a0i3 said:
The only saving grace for Atlanta is it's at home... but on the flip side I'm kinda expecting it to be a L as part of the traditional 2-6 start to the season followed up by the 6-2 finish to clinch 8-8.

Look, we have our own September traditions 'round here. I'm fine with honoring yours though.

2015 2-4
2017 1-2
2018 2-3

nrayorr

Reaction score
Dreadbelch":1oksmt3g said:
FalconsFanNW":1oksmt3g said:

Look, we have our own September traditions 'round here. I'm fine with honoring yours though.

2015 2-4
2017 1-2
2018 2-3

2019 3-1

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I expect a win ..Falcons have lost quite a few players
and Ryan is getting old.
As NW pointed out they start slow and I agree.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'll be somewhat shocked if the game is played. Just being real.

I'll be surprised if any games are played before Halloween.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":o6umap7q said:

Thanks for keeping it real.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":jilaz3xb said:

If four months from now we are still hiding in our houses and not letting our immune systems acclimate, then we have much bigger issues than an NFL season.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":eibrgscd said:

I think October 1st the games tip off. Baseball without fans is looking like July 1st per reports. Sports is coming back.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":130rvyfc said:
onanygivensunday":130rvyfc said:

If four months from now we are still hiding in our houses and not letting our immune systems acclimate, then we have much bigger issues than an NFL season.

I am with you on this. I am going camping. Sometime.....in the next few weeks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This will look a lot like the Cincy game last year.
I’ll be mildly surprised if Seattle scores an offensive TD in the first half.

I think Seattle will win in a squeaker because they took the first half off again.
Am hoping Russ got thru to Pete on the whole spotting opponents a whole first half BS issue.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Atlanta lost the players they were willing to lose, but they gained a lot of players as upgrades. This will not be an easy win, if it is a win for us. Sees like we're never game ready to start a season. We had to struggle and get lucky to beat Cincy last year in our own house! Cincy! Atlanta is a whole nuther beast than the Bengals were.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Falcons have improved on offense. They have Ridley and Jones plus now Gurley. If the Seahawks play defense like last season, Ryan will pick them apart. Grady Jarrett is still a terror on the DL. Quinn knows the Seahawks well. With the Seahawk OL changes this could be a very tough game to start the season.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":q6jj2n9r said:
Atlanta lost the players they were willing to lose, but they gained a lot of players as upgrades. This will not be an easy win, if it is a win for us. Sees like we're never game ready to start a season. We had to struggle and get lucky to beat Cincy last year in our own house! Cincy! Atlanta is a whole nuther beast than the Bengals were.

We struggled to beat Cincy, but also beat the super-bowl-bound 49ers.

We simply play almost every game close. We can beat the best, barely beat the worst, and lose to middle-of-the road teams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Touch game, I'm not assuming anything. Atlanta has a good HFA and it's a home opener. That being said, IF there are games w/out fans, that takes away a huge advantage for the Falcons. Should be a great game regardless, w/the Hawks winning ugly :lol:

Latest posts