Seahawks fan rejects $20K, will return famous ball to kearse

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Cool story and all that but tell me how does a "jobless father of 2" afford NFCCG tickets?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2f14ptjc said:
Cool story and all that but tell me how does a "jobless father of 2" afford NFCCG tickets?

Well, the article did say that if he ends up managing to go to the SB, he will have to be back the next day to start a months-long jail sentence. Maybe he stole 'em.

Slick

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3kv68znh said:

I wonder the same :?

But then I realize perhaps a friend or family member hooked him up. Life sounds rough for the guy and going to this game might have been a break from the stress. Also, he never thought the most improbable game-winning touchdown would land in his lap.

A

Anonymous

A person with law troubles turning down 20k means something to me.

Getting out of trouble is always more costly than getting into it.

Always.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1ys7j3i3 said:

My friend from HS went to the game. She's a single mom with no job.
SHE HAS CANCER............... think before you speak. Not EVERY person that went to that game paid to go.

My niece went as well. The ONE ticket they have left they keep in the family that her mom has, belonged to her brother my nephew. He died in 2008 after a liver transplant that lasted him 12 years. They kinda liked football, but when he died they kept his one ticket and alternate going to the games in his HONOR.
So, if I personally know 2 people that went without paying, I'm sure it's plausible that out of 68,000 fans, there are more.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":39n0g9pe said:

Funny....I thought the same exact thing. Likely a spoiled rich kid.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
good story.

i agree...hopefully someone got him tix's and as with all sport, is sure allows you to take break from the crap you got going on around you....

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
It's nice of him to return the ball to kearse, but I hope turning down the $20k doesn't come back to bite him in the butt. $20k pays for a lot of stuff if you're frugal. Thats enough to pay all my bills for about 18 months.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I say we forget about the man's life and appreciate the fact he's returning Kearse's ball that won the game.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
cool story, Kearse will hook him up with some signed swag, if he really needs dough he can sell that swag easily for some serious coin especially with a letter from the Seahawks of how he obtained the swag.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1bvqq9ib said:
cool story, Kearse will hook him up with some signed swag, if he really needs dough he can sell that swag easily for some serious coin especially with a letter from the Seahawks of how he obtained the swag.

I heard he was being offered the Helmet JK wore in the game, to be signed by the entire team.
Fair trade.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The cash would be nice, but the perks he'll receive from giving the ball back will be unique experiences and probably worth some coin as well.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Glad he returned the ball but he's till a jobless father w/ 2 kids. Why would you turn down $20k?

pehawk

Reaction score
Good for this dude. And shame on the rest of you lace-curtain, gossipy, ladies.

Latest posts