Seahawks sign Arena League QB

randomation

Reaction score
Tjax is worth holding onto just to win coin tosses if nothing else.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
razgriz737":136lqnv1 said:
RJ! RJ! RJ!

(Finally someone on the team with my name)

Great. Now there are two guys too lazy to spell out their whole name.

NJlargent

Reaction score
This is good news. He should do well here since we have an arena league OC

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":22o4a47o said:
Let TJack go already given there are so many other cheaper alternatives that are just as good anyway.

Actually most quality backups make 3 mil+.

A pre-historic Matt Hasselbeck made $3.5mil.

I think Whitehurst made $4 mil last year.

T-Jack made only $2.5 in the last two years combined. And even as a starter, he was making back-up money.

If Seahawks can sign TJack to a similar contract at 1.5mil.... Thats a huge bargain for a quality backup that knows the system and its players well enough to play .500 ball. Maybe a little better like .600 since this team is much better than when he started. Pretty much if TJack started 16 games, imo, he would be good enough to 9-6 with 1 game going either way.

But the Seahawks have .750 starter in Wilson.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/564912679672770560[/tweet]

seahawks3732

Reaction score
I wouldn't get rid of Tjack. He's a very good backup.. What happens if RW goes down week 1 and we have to hand the reigns over to BJ Daniels.. I'm sure many will be cursing JS for letting Tjack go.

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawks3732":1uy43f9j said:
I wouldn't get rid of Tjack. He's a very good backup.. What happens if RW goes down week 1 and we have to hand the reigns over to BJ Daniels.. I'm sure many will be cursing JS for letting Tjack go.

I'd bet that Tarvaris would still be available. He couldn't beat out four of the QBs Buffalo had on their team which would probably put him seventh or eighth on any other team's depth chart.

Seafan

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1hpdjfd6 said:
Hawk_Nation":1hpdjfd6 said:
Id like to see Locker here. :vodka:

I like Locker as a person and representative of U-Dub, but he's just not a NFL QB (and barely a college QB). He has Michael Vick athleticism, but during his last year at UW (I had season tickets), us UW fans were literally screaming, "don't throw the ball!" (and we started winning when we started running more and passing less). He just can't hit a barn if he was standing right next to it, and terrible decision maker. I wasn't all that surprised, as he ran the Wing-T at Ferndale and the Willingham crew didn't develop him. And then we'd get the fanbois who would yell for Jake as soon as RW had a bad game (they are out there). He's at best, a below average NFL back-up QB, and even that might be kind.

T-Jack is a "locker room" guy and nice to have someone who has won a few games in the NFL.

I'm thinking Jake heads to Buffalo or a team with a really bad QB situation.

"Don't throw the ball", that's what a lot of us Seahawk fans have been screaming at our TVs the past several games.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawks3732":1h86lqdm said:
We'd probably lose more then we win regardless of TJack. Wilson is getting to or is already at that level of if he is lost for more then a game or two the Seahawks season is probably done for that year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Extra arm for camp. I think BJ's practice squad options have run out, so either he's the backup or Tarvaris is re-signed to another one-year deal. I'd prefer to go with the experience and toughness Tarvaris brings to the table. The guy is the perfect backup for our situation and I'm hoping that continuity continues.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":38nb0qpq said:
seahawks3732":38nb0qpq said:

I'd bet that Tarvaris would still be available. He couldn't beat out four of the QBs Buffalo had on their team which would probably put him seventh or eighth on any other team's depth chart.
Get real. That was a system run by Chan Gailey, who doesn't know his head from a hole in the wall. I prefer to trust Pete, who has made him the emergency go-to guy in two Super Bowl years running.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":es01vzkt said:
rideaducati":es01vzkt said:
seahawks3732":es01vzkt said:

Get real. That was a system run by Chan Gailey, who doesn't know his head from a hole in the wall. I prefer to trust Pete, who has made him the emergency go-to guy in two Super Bowl years running.

I don't give a damn whose offense is being run or what kind of offense you're running. If you're a QB and can't beat out the likes of Thaddeus Lewis and Jeff Tuel, you're not very good.

The ONLY reason Tarvaris Jackson still has a job is because he has been in the system for as long as he has.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":20cfw9jh said:
Siouxhawk":20cfw9jh said:
rideaducati":20cfw9jh said:
seahawks3732":20cfw9jh said:

I don't give a damn whose offense is being run or what kind of offense you're running. If you're a QB and can't beat out the likes of Thaddeus Lewis and Jeff Tuel, you're not very good.

The ONLY reason Tarvaris Jackson still has a job is because he has been in the system for as long as he has.
I'm not going to defend the thought process of an inept organization like the Bills, especially when Chan Gailey was running the show.

But as far as the Hawks are concerned, Tarvaris, for the price of his contract, has been the consumate pro as a backup. He's proven himself tough as nails, the locker room respects him and he seems to have a very good rapport with Russell. And you're right, he has been in the system for a long time now ... and I consider that a good thing. With 2 Super Bowl appearances in as many years, continuity and minimal change is just what the doctor ordered for the Hawks.