Seahawks sign LB Devin Bush according to Condotta

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Bush had a pretty good first year, then the injury early in his second season. Could be he needed a couple of years to fully recover from a bad ACL tear. Anyway, I doubt they're done adding LBs to the team.

Kinger95

Reaction score
From what I’ve read the majority of Steelers fans wanted him gone just like the majority of us weren’t sad when Barton left. Considering what I’ve read on their forum about him I think this is a 1 year rebuild your value deal. I would be shocked if this was for more than 3 mill

bileever

Reaction score
Bush also had a nagging foot injury after his ACL which caused him to miss a few games and might have affected his play. I'm willing to wait and see. Tomlin wasn't completely down on Bush:

But the Steelers big FA acquisition this year was Cole Holcomb, who is a pretty good middle linebacker. They clearly felt that Bush wasn't going to be as good.

So it ended up be a complete triangle: Barton now the MIKE for the Commnders, Holcomb going to the Steelers, and Bush going to the Seahawks. Crazy. Poor Commanders, I think they might have gotten the worst of it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's probably a good time to revisit the fact that Barton only played like 60% of snaps after week 4.

We might be in for some bandit sets with three safeties. I would love that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Change of scenery, the culture of the locker room, people want to play in Seattle. Pete is clearly a players coach etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Side note, I can't imagine anyone not being pretty stoked about what this front office has done so far. Not only am I happy about the moves, I'm a little surprised. Much more aggressive than in past seasons. Addressing legit needs.

GGotskill

Reaction score
It's a nice switch for us to have this as a outlier, head scratcher, pick of free agency, rather than having a free agency full of head scratchers.

It's really not that big of a head scratcher. At the very least we need some depth and camp bodies. Hawks have taken these type of risks quite a bit. Think about how many former first round picks/busts we've seen come through the locker room over the years? Low risk, high reward. If he sucks, cut him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah, its a pretty low risk move. Maybe he's finally healed up and his play is an improvement. I doubt the FO is putting all their eggs on Devin Bush. I'm sure there will be more LB's signed. There has to be,,,,,right?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's probably a good time to revisit the fact that Barton only played like 60% of snaps after week 4.

We might be in for some bandit sets with three safeties. I would love that.
60% of the snaps is still way too much for Barton. I expect the run defense to be much improved now that Barton's gone. He wasn't the only problem though.

Last edited:

Kinger95

Reaction score
Bobby isn’t the same bobby that we know. Even his last year here showed he’s slowed down a bit. If he’s wanting market value or a bag I dunno if bringing him back is worth it, however if he’s giving us a hometown discount then we can definitely use him