Seahawks sign former Washington QB Stephen Morris

HawkGA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3phsqv4m said:
Meh, they sign 235 guys ever year, relax.

This.

Don't they have some OTAs before the draft? They need an extra arm at some point just to give Russ some relief. It's not like's being brought in to sub for Russ on the game-winning drive of the Super Bowl.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I just wonder if this is a political move.. to justify not having any interest in Kaep, other than that kinda weak "won't stand" argument.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
We're screwed without Russ, so might as well save some $$$$ and hire an Uber dirver and give him a clipboard.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":11546csd said:
Or you could draft a promising QB in the later rounds that might potentially turn into trade capital.

You know, like a smarter better run organization like the Patriots tends to do?

Just a thought.

We got burned on the last one. But I am not sure that a guy that blows off a bowl game the night before the game shouldn't have been red flagged anyway.

It does not mean the approach was not sound, just the execution was flawed.
From what I'm reading here, is that no matter what moves they make, you'll disagree, and nit-pick it to death.
Pete & Co. have fielded a Super Bowl winning team, & have a lot more savvy that a few disgruntled fans in here.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":hdq05scc said:
We're screwed without Russ, so might as well save some $$$$ and hire an Uber dirver and give him a clipboard.

Frankly after a season plus out of the league for Kaep not the know what his position is on the anthem indicates how messed up his thinking is. I get the political argument his protest is directed towards however if he wants to play ball he needs to play ball instead of protesting.

He’s done in the NFL until his position clarifies. He talked himself out of a possible job. I’m not disappointed he wasn’t signed here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tusc2000":bp9pr6f7 said:

I don't like this line of thinking.

Case Keenum just went to the NFC Championship Game. Blake Bortles did, as well. Nick Foles just won the Super Bowl.

Backup quarterbacks can obviously end up having value.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3d3emm86 said:
great, another gutless backup QB move. Hopefully he never has to play. Anyone saying, "I LIKE THIS, HE LOOKS GOOD!", you're living in a fantasy world. This FO continues to believe it's own hype and continues to try to be too cute because a few moves coupled with Carroll's college scouting paid off early.

I'm in no way saying we should move on from shneider and carroll; they are obviously the best this organization has ever had and I'm glad we have them. But the cute moves need to stop. Austin Davis is trash, that's why he's no longer here.

Holy cow, what a lot of negativity over the signing of a back-up QB, who will likely only see the field in the pre-season. I doubt they are done but at least we won’t have the circus that attaches to Kaepernick. Quite possibly too, this QB may be a better multi read QB than Kaep.

Let’s wait and see what happens here, we may see others signed.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1y2g5dnb said:
Tusc2000":1y2g5dnb said:

I don't like this line of thinking.

Case Keenum just went to the NFC Championship Game. Blake Bortles did, as well. Nick Foles just won the Super Bowl.

Backup quarterbacks can obviously end up having value.

If this were 2015-16 I would totally agree with you. Those teams could carry a halfway decent backup, and we could still make the playoffs and potentially go far.

But without Russ I don't think we have the talent or depth any more to realistically compete for the playoffs. Russ is so important to this team that he is the main -- and perhaps only -- reason we have a shot at reaching the playoffs in an increasingly tough division.

Are we that bad now? No. We're a pretty decent team overall, but we've lost some big guns. Russ can make up a lot of the slack. I'm not sure anyone else we could bring in as a backup QB could lead us to the playoffs.

My two cents. (BTW I'd be happy if I were wrong on this).

hawknation2018

Reaction score
His accuracy seems a little erratic (a lot of high balls), but he has worked with our new OC and should be another source of information for Russell inside and outside of the QB room.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Is it pre-season yet? Have we seen them play? We seem to know a lot around here without seeing a single snap.

We're not looking to replace Wilson; we're looking to replace Davis.

For the folks wanting to draft a QB late and turn him into draft stock, the only way those guys get seen is their starter isn't playing due to suspension or injury. Why would you want that for us? I'd like our backup to be a pre-season hero and otherwise a forgotten nobody who never takes the field.