Seahawks signing Luke Joeckel to 1 year deal per NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":1kimttsr said:
I ran into some further explanation on why there may be a connection between Cable and Joeckel, specifically Texas A&M that I haven't seen posted here.
Yes, I've been a critic of this move because of the baggage attached, but hopefully this is something that will help his transition here.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/10...kel-tom-cable-texas-am-tamu-zone-blocking-zbs

Some college teams run out of the spread all the time, but Schofield specifically credits the use of combo blocks and arcing, split zone designs with backside actions that look notably familiar to an eye used to watching the Seahawks rushing game in action. It’s easy to recognize why Cable might value players tutored in these run concepts before joining the professional ranks......
Joeckel original draft profile also matches the hyper-explosive model Cable and Schneider have sought in linemen. But in this case Joeckel’s background in the Texas A&M-Jim Turner zone concepts—in a year when there are fewer trusted tackles or guards coming out of college—perhaps helped all the pieces fit together even better.

Huh, weird. Are you saying that maybe they might have their reasons for the decisions that they make and the players that they sign besides "OMG THEY R SO DUMB AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY R DOING AND THEY SUCK AND CABLE IS THE DEVIL FIRE BEVELL!!!" ?

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":1c7tq46o said:
Seymour":1c7tq46o said:
I ran into some further explanation on why there may be a connection between Cable and Joeckel, specifically Texas A&M that I haven't seen posted here.
Yes, I've been a critic of this move because of the baggage attached, but hopefully this is something that will help his transition here.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/10...kel-tom-cable-texas-am-tamu-zone-blocking-zbs

Some college teams run out of the spread all the time, but Schofield specifically credits the use of combo blocks and arcing, split zone designs with backside actions that look notably familiar to an eye used to watching the Seahawks rushing game in action. It’s easy to recognize why Cable might value players tutored in these run concepts before joining the professional ranks......
Joeckel original draft profile also matches the hyper-explosive model Cable and Schneider have sought in linemen. But in this case Joeckel’s background in the Texas A&M-Jim Turner zone concepts—in a year when there are fewer trusted tackles or guards coming out of college—perhaps helped all the pieces fit together even better.

Huh, weird. Are you saying that maybe they might have their reasons for the decisions that they make and the players that they sign besides "OMG THEY R SO DUMB AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY R DOING AND THEY SUCK AND CABLE IS THE DEVIL FIRE BEVELL!!!" ?

Exaggerate much? Move along now.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":285oxtfd said:
Chapow":285oxtfd said:
Seymour":285oxtfd said:

Yes, I am obviously exaggerating. Depending on who I'm mocking though, it's not really much of an exaggeration.

And you can get bent with your move along now comment. I'll move along, or not, when I damn well please, new guy.

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":215oxs0o said:
Seymour":215oxs0o said:
Chapow":215oxs0o said:
Seymour":215oxs0o said:

Yes, I am obviously exaggerating. Depending on who I'm mocking though, it's not really much of an exaggeration.

And you can get bent with your move along now comment. I'll move along, or not, when I damn well please, new guy.

Trust me. If I was "bent" over your angry and silly comments, I would not say move along now old guy.

Chapow

Reaction score
Silly? Sure, some of my comments are silly.

Angry? No, not at all. Mildly irritated at some of you guys that can't seem to find any reason for any optimism at all that the OL could possibly improve and feel the need to constantly shit on everything the Seahawks do? Yep.

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":11u2c9mf said:
Silly? Sure, some of my comments are silly.

Angry? No, not at all. Mildly irritated at some of you guys that can't seem to find any reason for any optimism at all that the OL could possibly improve and feel the need to constantly shit on everything the Seahawks do? Yep.

I just posted a small possible reason for optimism and a well written article on why Cable may like Joeckel (even though myself and others may have doubts), and you pretty much threw that back in my face.

Pot calling kettle black here, but don't let that slow you down. :3-1:

chris98251

Reaction score
I suggest you two take your bed pan filling challenge somewhere out of this thread and let it get back on topic.

chris98251

Reaction score
Someone could not listen and had to have the last word, Locked and don't restart a thread with another pissing contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.