Seahawks to be Sold

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":22ndt22j said:
Sgt. Largent":22ndt22j said:
chris98251":22ndt22j said:
I don't see Jody selling just for Money, she also wants to maintain what Paul put together the best way she can going forward so I imagine a operating philosophy will be a part of it as well.

She doesn't get the money. The article states that the proceeds of the team sale will be deposited into Allen's charitable foundation.

Why I said it isn't about the money, she is charged with fulfilling his wishes as executor I believe, the Seahawks are one of his projects she needs to handle, that would be doing it as he wanted it to be handled, selling to a local guy who won't move and probably has a like minded philosophy as well.

He saved the team, I doubt he would want a Putz like Schultz to walk in or Behring and destroy what he built. Why I think Jody is going to be very discriminating about who the buyer is.

I'm sure this will be one of the most extensive vetting processes of any owner in a long long time.

Allen left very specific instructions about local owner, keeping the team here is non negotiable, etc. So IMO this won't be a quick process........nor do we want it to be.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Jeff Bezos isn't from here.

He picked Seattle because it was cheap office space (at the time), it was close to the ports and had good access to tech talent (Microsoft and the rest). He is actually pretty much from Houston (not born but for the most part he would count as one).

He has no allegiance to this area. It is a big reason the community gets annoyed with him. He doesn't engage much with the locals in even the elite circles. Very little activity at the high-level charity levels either.

I would be floored if he ended up buying the Hawks. The chances of that happening are low.

sdog1981

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2m199je4 said:
Jeff Bezos isn't from here.

He picked Seattle because it was cheap office space (at the time), it was close to the ports and had good access to tech talent (Microsoft and the rest). He is actually pretty much from Houston (not born but for the most part he would count as one).

He has no allegiance to this area. It is a big reason the community gets annoyed with him. He doesn't engage much with the locals in even the elite circles. Very little activity at the high-level charity levels either.

I would be floored if he ended up buying the Hawks. The chances of that happening are low.

The company was founded in Bellevue right next to Bellevue community college. He is also done with the city of Seattle now that he is building two new HQ's on the east coast he is going to leave.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Bill Gates has $3 billion in his couch cushions. That's chump change for him.

Make it happen. Just don't put the Microsoft Windows logo on the uniform sleeves.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Please, no Gates, no Bezos.
Let Bezos run his Washington ComPost operation and leave the Seahawks alone.
Let Gates focus on giving out vaccines in Africa.
Media-driven Political Correctness and NFL football are not a match made in heaven.
Somebody who is already passionate about pro sports would be far better.
Paul Allen was passionate about pro sports.

Ballmer would be fine. Cuban would be OK.