Seahawks UDFA tracker

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to see who on this list makes the team come season's start.
It's funny our undrafted players seem to contribute more than drafted guys lately

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2g9804sg said:
chris98251":2g9804sg said:
Foghawk":2g9804sg said:
chris98251":2g9804sg said:
He may be listed as FB but he inflicts punishment as he runs and keeps his feet moving and falls forward, him and Carson could be in a big competition to challenge Rawls and Lacy, Rawls due to injuries but Lacy due to running soft which was a knock on him from time to time, he didn't run like a man that big and would not go hard and break tackles, some could be weight, but I think it's a mind set. With his hands he and Carson can be on the field in any situation as well, Prosise had great hands and we will have a bunch of guys that can be cross situational and not be tipping a play.

Brown and Carson in the backfield together, now that's a power combo. I'm anxiously anticipating seeing both these guys in preseason. AC and Pope might have good reason to be concerned about their future with the Hawks.

Would be a lot like Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack in the old Cleveland days, for a short time that running game hurt a lot of LB's and DB's.

Ahhhhh ... you're taking me back Chris. You're quite correct -- Byner and Mack most certainly did. Christian Okoye is THE gold standard that I personally think of when I think of that kind of power running game. That guy was an absolute truck! Listening to Pete and John's Day 3 Press Conference again just brought home how much Pete Carroll truly LOVES the power running game.

Algernon Brown is not even close to as big as Okoye was (not even close [Can you imagine a 254lb RB with 4.4 speed coming straight at you?!? Okoye had that.]) ... BUT, it's clear that Carroll likes big physical runners. As I shared in my Offensive Post-Draft thread, they DO certainly appear to like those guys who tick the size, length, and athleticism boxes. Here were the top SLA scores from this year's Running Back and Fullback class ...

SLA (Size, Length, Athleticism – Running Backs and Fullbacks) …
1 – Algernon Brown … 89.7%*
2 – Alvin Kamara … 87.7%
3 – Chris Carson … 87.3%
4 – Joe Mixon … 82.4%
5 – Aaron Jones … 78.7%
6 – T.J. Logan … 64.3%
7 – D’onta Freeman … 59.0%
https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22230743/Slaytics-2017-Final1.pdf

Algernon Brown -- #1 overall ... and Chris Carson #3 overall. Enough said.

Thanks for posting these SLA scores. Very, very cool to see. If you look at all positions we really nailed it in this draft.
WOW!

xgeoff

Reaction score
Foghawk":3k9x2x3q said:
I'm intrigued by the Algernon Brown. Our future FB?

Those holes he's running through are amazing. :lol:

Yeah, the kid looks good but can we also get some of the BYU linemen?

Jville

Reaction score
:bump: .... forgot about this thread :229031_banghead:

Seahawks Undrafted Free Agent Signings

FB Algeron Brown, BYU, 6-foot-0, 235 pounds

QB Skyler Howard, West Virginia, 5-11, 208

DT Jeremy Liggins, Mississippi, 6-3, 315

LB Otha Peters, Louisiana-Lafayette, 6-0, 238

WR Darreus Rogers, USC, 6-1, 218

G Jordan Roos, Purdue, 6-3, 302

TE Tyrone Swoopes, Texas, 6-4, 250

LB Nick Usher, Texas-El Paso, 6-3, 235

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/05/12/seahawks-sign-eight-undrafted-free-agents-four-draft-picks[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
Jville":3jtkqpq1 said:
:bump: .... forgot about this thread :229031_banghead:

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/05/12/seahawks-sign-eight-undrafted-free-agents-four-draft-picks[/urltargetblank]

Jville is a true patriot of the UDFA tracker