Seahawks UDFA tracker

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I shared this in my Post-Draft Breakdown thread, but thought I'd go ahead and add this here as well (as I don't want this to get lost).

I was just watching the Seahawks Day 3 Press Conference ... and I was very intrigued in particular about a couple of UDFA's that were asked about/brought up.

The first of those who I'm finding very interesting in particular is Jordan Roos, the Guard out of Purdue. During the conference Jordan Roos was a guy that the media specifically asked about. Schneider said that he's a Guard/Center (so again there's that versatility that they like) who did 42 reps at 225lbs. THAT people is not just strong -- that is country strong -- and right up there with the best performances ever. To give you some context, this year, the top bench press performance was Isaac Asiata who had 35 reps at the Combine. Last year, it was Christian Westerman who had 34 reps. The record for bench press at the Combine ... was set by Stephen Paea, who had 49 reps at 225 lbs in 2011. So, for Roos to have 42 reps (I'm assuming he did that in a private workout) ... is absolutely amazing strength right there. Schneider said that they were excited to get Roos and that he was a draftable player. Pete added that he was very excited about getting him and called his signing one of their real "bright spots" as far as an UDFA signing goes. They admitted that they were considering taking him with one of their final picks. Schneider said that they "agreed to terms with him in principle".

If you want to see them talking about Roos, their comments on him start at about exactly 10:00 into the Press Conference. [See video below] I'm personally very interested to see Roos and what he does in training camp....

The other name that I'm interested to see ... is Cyril Grayson. [starts at 17:00 on the video below] Schneider said that scout Ed Dodds found him and took him out to dinner the night before the LSU Pro Day. He has good connections down there and had guys bragging to him about how good Grayson looked at receiver. Schneider added that Dodds had seen a Youtube video on his highlights and that they flew him up to Seattle after he ran a 4.32 and 4.35 -- and signed him that night. I think he's got a real uphill battle to actually land a spot on the 53 Man roster, be I'll very interested to see him in Preseason at least and whether or not he's a guy who can work himself onto the Practice Squad.

[youtube]ILa8iomxepY[/youtube]

Foghawk

Reaction score
chris98251":frhq0uih said:
He may be listed as FB but he inflicts punishment as he runs and keeps his feet moving and falls forward, him and Carson could be in a big competition to challenge Rawls and Lacy, Rawls due to injuries but Lacy due to running soft which was a knock on him from time to time, he didn't run like a man that big and would not go hard and break tackles, some could be weight, but I think it's a mind set. With his hands he and Carson can be on the field in any situation as well, Prosise had great hands and we will have a bunch of guys that can be cross situational and not be tipping a play.

Brown and Carson in the backfield together, now that's a power combo. I'm anxiously anticipating seeing both these guys in preseason. AC and Pope might have good reason to be concerned about their future with the Hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Foghawk":1jokffx2 said:
chris98251":1jokffx2 said:
He may be listed as FB but he inflicts punishment as he runs and keeps his feet moving and falls forward, him and Carson could be in a big competition to challenge Rawls and Lacy, Rawls due to injuries but Lacy due to running soft which was a knock on him from time to time, he didn't run like a man that big and would not go hard and break tackles, some could be weight, but I think it's a mind set. With his hands he and Carson can be on the field in any situation as well, Prosise had great hands and we will have a bunch of guys that can be cross situational and not be tipping a play.

Brown and Carson in the backfield together, now that's a power combo. I'm anxiously anticipating seeing both these guys in preseason. AC and Pope might have good reason to be concerned about their future with the Hawks.

Would be a lot like Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack in the old Cleveland days, for a short time that running game hurt a lot of LB's and DB's.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
chris98251":3sifigsi said:
Foghawk":3sifigsi said:
chris98251":3sifigsi said:

Would be a lot like Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack in the old Cleveland days, for a short time that running game hurt a lot of LB's and DB's.

Ahhhhh ... you're taking me back Chris. You're quite correct -- Byner and Mack most certainly did. Christian Okoye is THE gold standard that I personally think of when I think of that kind of power running game. That guy was an absolute truck! Listening to Pete and John's Day 3 Press Conference again just brought home how much Pete Carroll truly LOVES the power running game.

Algernon Brown is not even close to as big as Okoye was (not even close [Can you imagine a 254lb RB with 4.4 speed coming straight at you?!? Okoye had that.]) ... BUT, it's clear that Carroll likes big physical runners. As I shared in my Offensive Post-Draft thread, they DO certainly appear to like those guys who tick the size, length, and athleticism boxes. Here were the top SLA scores from this year's Running Back and Fullback class ...

SLA (Size, Length, Athleticism – Running Backs and Fullbacks) …
1 – Algernon Brown … 89.7%*
2 – Alvin Kamara … 87.7%
3 – Chris Carson … 87.3%
4 – Joe Mixon … 82.4%
5 – Aaron Jones … 78.7%
6 – T.J. Logan … 64.3%
7 – D’onta Freeman … 59.0%
https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/22230743/Slaytics-2017-Final1.pdf

Algernon Brown -- #1 overall ... and Chris Carson #3 overall. Enough said.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/METROFLEX_PLANO/status/859558145810628608[/tweet]

two dog

Reaction score
Jordan Roos looks good in his Seahawks cap.

On Davis Hsu's blog it is said that he got the largest signing bonus Seattle
gave out this year. $20,000 is the figure being reported.

Last year I think Boykin might have been tops with $15.000, as I recall.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
two dog":1nmh1jf3 said:

That says a lot. I'm really excited about Roos. Just looking at him, you get a good vibe. Watching his tape, he looks VERY strong, while agile and nice hand and arm usage.

Boycie

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1tppvhfx said:
two dog":1tppvhfx said:

That says a lot. I'm really excited about Roos. Just looking at him, you get a good vibe. Watching his tape, he looks VERY strong, while agile and nice hand and arm usage.

Yea but we should have drafted Ram, or Bolles :stirthepot:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jville":1qcnlxus said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/METROFLEX_PLANO/status/859558145810628608[/tweet]

WOW!!! That is a MAN there. Holy Cow is he huge!! I know we already have one of these, but when I see a guy that huge and that strong, this is what comes to mind ...

[youtube]AOWR0CfMUZE[/youtube]

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Roos is just a monster and one determined dude. He will be a part of this team this year and down the road. Great signing!

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7hw8wh6e said:
Go ahead and tell him that :mrgreen:

I have tact, telling him they make his butt look big would work, right ?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":22kihpw1 said:
SoulfishHawk":22kihpw1 said:
Go ahead and tell him that :mrgreen:

I have tact, telling him they make his butt look big would work, right ?

He's an o lineman, telling him his butt looks big is a compliment, lmao, which I'm pretty sure was the implication lol.

xgeoff

Reaction score
two dog":na5hm621 said:

I'm really excited about Jordan Roos. Seems to have some intriguing physical abilities. Am hoping he becomes a legitimate contender for a starting position on the line.