Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1fiw2s06 said:
I agree with your premise based on the Wilson affect, what matters to me from an opponent perspective is all around level of weaponry, I will take any position that has even a slight drop off in talent, like starting Luke Wilson over Jimmy Graham, or Rawls over Lynch.

You keep ignoring the fact that I keep reminding you of. There was no drop off. It was, in fact, the exact opposite. The Hawks had their best games and their historically good, record setting run AFTER the departure of Lynch and Graham. Not that their replacements are as talented, just that they didn't need to be. The system put them into positions where they could be just as successful.

Djphinfan":1fiw2s06 said:
usually teams try to take weapons away, wide receivers, a tight end, a running back, this game should be schemed to stop 1 player and thats wilson, he affects everyone, so kill the hive by killing the queen..

understood its easier said then done, but thats why they have def coordinators, there needs to be a new approach in stopping Wilson..26/1 td ratio demands a different approach..

Please do this. Spy him, pressure him, focus on him. Pretty pretty please. That's exactly what Carroll wants you to do, and that's not how you defeat the Hawks. To defeat us, you have to out Seahawks the Seahawks. Play four quarters of straight up football and do it better than us. Know we are going to get ours, but just get yours a little more. Wear us down and strike when we slip up. If I were your team, I would be spending night and day watching the Rams games. You are built in a similar fashion, although your secondary isn't as good. You have the d-line to do it if you can stay disciplined.

Unfortunately, I think your best hope for a win is a Seahawks reversion to typical early season form. Be it Carrol or Bevell at fault, there is some good likelihood that we play it so slow and vanilla that we give the game away, and you will be back here thinking you "stopped Wilson" and won when in reality we just shot ourselves in the foot.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":wrvaosn3 said:
Djphinfan":wrvaosn3 said:
I agree with your premise based on the Wilson affect, what matters to me from an opponent perspective is all around level of weaponry, I will take any position that has even a slight drop off in talent, like starting Luke Wilson over Jimmy Graham, or Rawls over Lynch.

You keep ignoring the fact that I keep reminding you of. There was no drop off. It was, in fact, the exact opposite. The Hawks had their best games and their historically good, record setting run AFTER the departure of Lynch and Graham. Not that their replacements are as talented, just that they didn't need to be. The system put them into positions where they could be just as successful.

Djphinfan":wrvaosn3 said:
usually teams try to take weapons away, wide receivers, a tight end, a running back, this game should be schemed to stop 1 player and thats wilson, he affects everyone, so kill the hive by killing the queen..

understood its easier said then done, but thats why they have def coordinators, there needs to be a new approach in stopping Wilson..26/1 td ratio demands a different approach..

Please do this. Spy him, pressure him, focus on him. Pretty pretty please. That's exactly what Carroll wants you to do, and that's not how you defeat the Hawks. To defeat us, you have to out Seahawks the Seahawks. Play four quarters of straight up football and do it better than us. Know we are going to get ours, but just get yours a little more. Wear us down and strike when we slip up. If I were your team, I would be spending night and day watching the Rams games. You are built in a similar fashion, although your secondary isn't as good. You have the d-line to do it if you can stay disciplined.

Unfortunately, I think your best hope for a win is a Seahawks reversion to typical early season form. Be it Carrol or Bevell at fault, there is some good likelihood that we play it so slow and vanilla that we give the game away, and you will be back here thinking you "stopped Wilson" and won when in reality we just shot ourselves in the foot.
I think there is a small sample size your basing your facts off.

your offensive scheme has little to do with your success imo, I believe Wilson has shown that, you've changed the parts and yet he still performs at a very high level, if it was just your scheme and players didn't matter everyone would run your scheme, plus if you think your scheme is ok then you must think all those moving parts and inexperience along your oline won't miss a beat..Its all Wilson, he is your scheme..our offense, besides QB, at every position is equal to or better than yours..And our Dline is better than your oline by far..

this game imo will come down to our defense against your special qb. and can we keep Lockett in check on returns.

your at home, if we beat you its because we won, shooting yourself in the foot is an excuse.

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1iagtf6u said:
bigskydoc":1iagtf6u said:
You keep talking like Lynch and Graham were somehow a big part of our game last year. They weren't.

Lynch played in 7 games total. We went 3-4 in those games, and in one of those wins he was a non-factor rushing for 14 yards on 5 carries. In only one game last year did he get more than 73 yards. When he returned from injury, he was told publicly, by our offensive line coach, that our offense had changed and he would have to adapt to the new look Seahawks.

Graham diverted more attention from the Seahawks game plan than he did from opposing defenders. While he was certainly a bigger part of our game than Lynch, the best that can be said is that there was no let off when he went out with injury. Perhaps our historic run at the end of the season would have been more historic with Graham, but it was still a historic run.

Our defense finally healed up and got over their post-2014 hangover somewhere around week 11 last year. I fully expect them to come out of the gates rested and playing at a level much closer to that at the end of last season rather than what they showed at the start.

Teams that have shut down Wilson have done so by containing him in the pocket, rather than trying to get pass rushers to him. Unfortunately for our opponents, his pocket passing game took a leap forward last season, so this technique may not work anymore. The one area where I can still criticize his game, the one chink in the armor of you will, is his ability to make post-snap changes to the play. If you can successfully disguise your blitzes, or show blitz and check out of it after the snap, you can catch him running the wrong play for the actual coverage.

Pete has been working with him on seeing offenses the way NFL defenses do. I can only imagine that a big portion of this is how defenses bait the QB. Wilson will be scary when he learns to make the post-snap read and adjustment

-bsd
really good info here, thanks, interesting about wilson..I do know what he did from the pocket last year, as I'm constantly defending him to my own peeps, I've had to debate them since I had him as a first round pick coming out, the narrative amongst folks who dont know what their looking at was that the defense and lynch carried him..then Lynch went way and he had one of the single best halves of football ever, then they said well, he's not a pocket passer, then he preceded to throw up sick numbers from the pocket, now their quiet..finally..

let me run this by y'all..do you really think rawls is that good with that 5.5 average or is this a case of wilson running the read option stuff and basically making the defenders focus on him instead of rawls, this making any back look good.?

Rawls is faster then Beastmode. He hits the hole fast and is a twitchy runner that finishes with punishment to opposing tacklers. I love me some Rawls

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Djphinfan":18ha15xu said:
bigskydoc":18ha15xu said:

your offensive scheme has little to do with your success imo, I believe Wilson has shown that, you've changed the parts and yet he still performs at a very high level, if it was just your scheme and players didn't matter everyone would run your scheme, plus if you think your scheme is ok then you must think all those moving parts and inexperience along your oline won't miss a beat..Its all Wilson, he is your scheme..our offense, besides QB, at every position is equal to or better than yours..And our Dline is better than your oline by far..

this game imo will come down to our defense against your special qb. and can we keep Lockett in check on returns.

your at home, if we beat you its because we won, shooting yourself in the foot is an excuse.

If your strong defense is a RUN defense, we will have problems because our OC will try to ram it down your throat with the run. If your strong defense is a PASS defense, they will Pass the ball heavily testing your pass efficiency...because that is our OC. Hence, the Offensive Coordination may be our problem......That my friend is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Tical21

Reaction score
I am known as the pessimist around here, but this is getting ridiculous. This is a classic matchup of a really good, pissed off, starving team against frankly a team that isn't very good. This is about the best secondary in NFL history against a really poor QB. In the hardest stadium to play in.

Unless Miami cam get multiple special teams TD's, it is pretty hard to not see a 37-6 type game here. Just a god-awful matchup for a bad team on the road.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
so you like how your system put your players into position but you dont like the paycalling?

chris98251

Reaction score
Our OC falls into a trend at times trying to force the ball to players or run stuff that doesn't work and keeps running it out of some misbegotten idea that it works on paper I guess, he also likes to get cute and do the unexpected at the worst times when you have something else that works.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1hpmtren said:

Lynch appeared in 7 games last season, and was the featured back in only 5. Graham was a more integral part of our scheme, but we went on to have a historic and record setting season after he went out.

your offensive scheme has little to do with your success imo..if it was just your scheme and players didn't matter everyone would run your scheme,

That's what they said about our defensive scheme too. It's a simple scheme performed to perfection with players who are hungry and are chosen specifically to fit the system. Just look at the teams that have tried to duplicate our schemes. Just look at our players who have been picked up in free agency, only to be overpayed to play in schemes where they don't fit. It hasn't worked out to well for them. It's similar to the Patriots. You can't just duplicate their scheme, it is an entire system.

Never said the players didn't matter. Just that it is a system. It relies on players and scheme. The scheme has evolved away from one that relies on Lynch to one that relies on Wilson.

if you think your scheme is ok then you must think all those moving parts and inexperience along your oline won't miss a beat

That's what our coaches have believed for the last several years. Hasn't really worked out. I think they learned the lesson there.

this game imo will come down to our defense against your special qb.

Many have tried to shut him down. Few have succeeded. Good luck.

if we beat you its because we won, shooting yourself in the foot is an excuse.

You clearly haven't met Mr. Bevell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
To answer your question about Rawls, yes he is the real deal. He has excellent vision for finding open space, best Hawk RB in that area since Alexander. He's also pretty physical, not Lynch physical but neither is anyone else. If he's as healthy as he was before last year's injury he's going to finish top 5 in rushing in the NFL in my opinion.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2f09p9my said:
To answer your question about Rawls, yes he is the real deal. He has excellent vision for finding open space, best Hawk RB in that area since Alexander. He's also pretty physical, not Lynch physical but neither is anyone else. If he's as healthy as he was before last year's injury he's going to finish top 5 in rushing in the NFL in my opinion.

ankle surgery keeps you from working to get better at your craft in the offseason..thats a concern..both reasons are why my concern about the run game is not at the top of the list, plus I feel like our dline will win the matchup..

we are running the wide nine defense this year, so were gonna keep y'all from running outside the tackles.

Largent80

Reaction score
Holy Crap. We drafted 3 (THREE) running backs. It's NOT about Rawls, it's about stopping MULTIPLE backs that have chips on their shoulders similar to Rawls last year.

Go ahead and sleep on Rawls, we have a killer stable of RB's this year.

Dolphins....Plan on being 0-1.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Largent80":3k8ilu9w said:
Holy Crap. We drafted 3 (THREE) running backs. It's NOT about Rawls, it's about stopping MULTIPLE backs that have chips on their shoulders similar to Rawls last year.

multiple backs...Yes we drafted Kenyon Drake in the 3rd, great hands, great speed, nice compliment to Ajayi..so you will get the same treatment, Gase likes to run the football as well.

You might need your rookies with that ankle on Rawls..

rookie running backs, inexperienced line, opponent with better talent on Dline, advantage dolphins.

bring that on..

is rawls gonna be ready for camp?

chris98251

Reaction score
Rawls reminds me of Curt Warner, physical with a nice burst and ability to make that crab lateral cut. He may be ready for the regular season to play, I don't expect him to be 100 percent for another 6 months or so after, he will get that ankle taped up a lot to support it I am thinking which may limit his cuts a bit. Takes about 6 to 8 months to rebuild strength in the ligaments and tendons once you tear and damage them with normal use. We will see, the good thing is he won't be asked to be the only one carrying the load so he will get breathers.

Ajayi, we seen him and ate him up if I remember correctly.

Tical21

Reaction score
Lets face it. The Dolphins don't have a RB that would make this team. They don't have a WR that would start for us. They don't have a TE that would make this team, and their QB is in the bottom 10% of the league.

Seriously, what is the over-under for Rawls? Would anybody here bet the under at 100? 125? Didn't think so. Thomas Rawls is a dog. He doesn't care what you have to say.

If you had to go out with the wife and miss one game, this is probably the one.

What is the over-under on points put up by the Dolpins offense? 1.5?

Not sure if that was a mod edit or typo. Feel free to put it back if necessary.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
chris98251":2tclamsh said:
Rawls reminds me of Curt Warner, physical with a nice burst and ability to make that crab lateral cut. He may be ready for the regular season to play, I don't expect him to be 100 percent for another 6 months or so after, he will get that ankle taped up a lot to support it I am thinking which may limit his cuts a bit. Takes about 6 to 8 months to rebuild strength in the ligaments and tendons once you tear and damage them with normal use. We will see, the good thing is he won't be asked to be the only one carrying the load so he will get breathers.

Ajayi, we seen him and ate him up if I remember correctly.
no sir, Ajayi was a rookie last year so you weren't able to taste him...heres a little taste though if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmEEYH9szs

he's 218 this year, which means he's light and quicker than normal....Kid can ball.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Tical21":3q6vf03q said:
Lets face it. The Dolphins don't have a RB that would make this team. They don't have a WR that would start for us. They don't have a TE that would make this team, and their QB is in the bottom 10% of the league.

Seriously, what is the over-under for Rawls? Would anybody here bet the under at 100? 125? Didn't think so. Thomas Rawls is a dog. He doesn't care what you have to say.

there is no'one in their right mind that world take Baldwin and Kearse over Parker and Landry.

Rawls don't care what I have to say?..nahhh..really..

Ill take the over you laid up if you wanna put money on it?, ill spot ya some points as well?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1g87vxxi said:
Largent80":1g87vxxi said:

multiple backs...Yes we drafted Kenyon Drake in the 3rd, great hands, great speed, nice compliment to Ajayi..so you will get the same treatment, Gase likes to run the football as well.

You might need your rookies with that ankle on Rawls..

rookie running backs, inexperienced line, opponent with better talent on Dline, advantage dolphins.

bring that on..

is rawls gonna be ready for camp?
Rawls was an undrafted ROOKIE last season and did great until he got hurt.... and he was running behind a below average O-line with a center (Novac) that had no business playing much less starting in the NFL. I'm not worried about RB with Rawls and the guys they drafted and picked up as rookie FA's after the draft.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
''In yet another optimistic comment from one of the Seahawks' luminaries, Rawls appears on pace to complete his recovery from a season-ending broken ankle in time for Week 1. Ultimately, his health will be tested during the preseason slate, but if his rehab is at all delayed, reserve running backs Christine Michael and C.J. Prosise appear poised to receive ample reps in advance of the season.''

I mean with the drafting of CJ and Alex Collins and the return of Rawls, do y'all see the need to keep Christine Michael?, I mean if he just flat out beats one of those two out of a spot I can understand, but neither CJ or Collins will last on the practice squad, do y'all usually keep 4 backs on the roster?

maybe you move Michael come preseason.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1q7gj0bf said:
''In yet another optimistic comment from one of the Seahawks' luminaries, Rawls appears on pace to complete his recovery from a season-ending broken ankle in time for Week 1. Ultimately, his health will be tested during the preseason slate, but if his rehab is at all delayed, reserve running backs Christine Michael and C.J. Prosise appear poised to receive ample reps in advance of the season.''

I mean with the drafting of CJ and Alex Collins and the return of Rawls, do y'all see the need to keep Christine Michael?, I mean if he just flat out beats one of those two out of a spot I can understand, but neither CJ or Collins will last on the practice squad, do y'all usually keep 4 backs on the roster?

maybe you move Michael come preseason.

C-Mike will need to earn a roster spot. One of the real mantras here is earn everything. If a person is drafted in the first round and does not cut it, He/she gets cut. No matter the position. I think there will be some learning curve in the preseason and you will see one of them cut by week 3 of preseason.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2xf3jp21 said:
Tical21":2xf3jp21 said:

there is no'one in their right mind that world take Baldwin and Kearse over Parker and Landry.

Rawls don't care what I have to say?..nahhh..really..

Ill take the over you laid up if you wanna put money on it?, ill spot ya some points as well?

Almost everyone in their right mind would take Baldwin and Lockett over them.

Lockett far out performed Parker and Baldiwn was over Landry is a no brainer. Even NFL players top 100 agree with that.

Latest posts