Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Djphinfan":x67mfnxp said:
''In yet another optimistic comment from one of the Seahawks' luminaries, Rawls appears on pace to complete his recovery from a season-ending broken ankle in time for Week 1. Ultimately, his health will be tested during the preseason slate, but if his rehab is at all delayed, reserve running backs Christine Michael and C.J. Prosise appear poised to receive ample reps in advance of the season.''

I mean with the drafting of CJ and Alex Collins and the return of Rawls, do y'all see the need to keep Christine Michael?, I mean if he just flat out beats one of those two out of a spot I can understand, but neither CJ or Collins will last on the practice squad, do y'all usually keep 4 backs on the roster?

maybe you move Michael come preseason.
No, C-Mike will not make the team. He was cut last year, and the only reason he was brought back after he was cut by Dallas was Lynch and Rawls got hurt. This team is so much deeper than last year, not a chance he makes the team.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3s79fqi5 said:
Djphinfan":3s79fqi5 said:
''In yet another optimistic comment from one of the Seahawks' luminaries, Rawls appears on pace to complete his recovery from a season-ending broken ankle in time for Week 1. Ultimately, his health will be tested during the preseason slate, but if his rehab is at all delayed, reserve running backs Christine Michael and C.J. Prosise appear poised to receive ample reps in advance of the season.''

I mean with the drafting of CJ and Alex Collins and the return of Rawls, do y'all see the need to keep Christine Michael?, I mean if he just flat out beats one of those two out of a spot I can understand, but neither CJ or Collins will last on the practice squad, do y'all usually keep 4 backs on the roster?

No, C-Mike will not make the team. He was cut last year, and the only reason he was brought back after he was cut by Dallas was Lynch and Rawls got hurt. This team is so much deeper than last year, not a chance he makes the team.
yeah that makes sense with the resources being spent this year in the draft...CJ Procise was highly regarded on our board with some of our draftiniks..has the ability to stay on the field all three downs, over 500 yards receiving his senior year..Thats why we like Ajayi so much as well, Gase doesn't believe in the third down back..Doesn't want to give any tells to the defense.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Smellyman":ao8f9dn5 said:
Djphinfan":ao8f9dn5 said:
Tical21":ao8f9dn5 said:
Lets face it. The Dolphins don't have a RB that would make this team. They don't have a WR that would start for us. They don't have a TE that would make this team, and their QB is in the bottom 10% of the league.

Seriously, what is the over-under for Rawls? Would anybody here bet the under at 100? 125? Didn't think so. Thomas Rawls is a dog. He doesn't care what you have to say.

If you had to go out with the wife and miss one game, this is probably the one.

What is the over-under on points put up by the Dolpins offense? 1.5?

Not sure if that was a mod edit or typo. Feel free to put it back if necessary.

there is no'one in their right mind that world take Baldwin and Kearse over Parker and Landry.

Rawls don't care what I have to say?..nahhh..really..

Ill take the over you laid up if you wanna put money on it?, ill spot ya some points as well?

Almost everyone in their right mind would take Baldwin and Lockett over them.

Lockett far out performed Parker and Baldiwn was over Landry is a no brainer. Even NFL players top 100 agree with that.
I was the biggest tyler lockett fan in the country when he came out, had him as rookie of the year before he got drafted, and he hasn't disappointed..

But Parker is just a different kind of animal, big, fluid, incredible athleticism and hand eye coordination, hands like he was wearing stickum, he was a rook last year, and his last 6-7 games, after his foot surgery healed, is when it all clicked, led the league in yards per catch for that span, put up about 500 yards and 3 tds in that span.

He's a legit #1 type.

Jarvis Landry against Tyler Lockett..its close dont get me wrong..Landry has more receptions than any other receiver ever in his first two seasons..toughest lb for lb player in the game, top 5 hands in the game, and has a linebacker mentality..

its close but because of Parkers ceiling, I believe most Gms would go with Parker/Landry..

Tical21

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Bruce was our worst starter.

Tical21

Reaction score
Lol @ Jay Ayaji. Over/under 40 yards week 1?

grizbob

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ra8ukw5h said:
Djphinfan":ra8ukw5h said:

Gotta half rack that says you're wrong, just a gut feeling. :179422:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
grizbob":e1urlwe4 said:
Sports Hernia":e1urlwe4 said:
Djphinfan":e1urlwe4 said:

Gotta half rack that says you're wrong, just a gut feeling. :179422:
I love free beer just as much as the next guy, but .net doesn't allow wagering, and I don't want to have to ban myself. 8)

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Tical21":2h4i5k38 said:
a first round bust then..thats hurts a bit...I can relate...dion jordan..

Tical21

Reaction score
Djphinfan":xxlegtl7 said:
Tical21":xxlegtl7 said:
Not exactly. Bruce is a really good player. Just so happens the other 10 are even better.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Tical21":busbfjsf said:
Djphinfan":busbfjsf said:
Tical21":busbfjsf said:
Not exactly. Bruce is a really good player. Just so happens the other 10 are even better.
well, if you think he's a really good player who did you replace him with?.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Djphinfan":12vbmcdm said:
Tical21":12vbmcdm said:
I'm on the fence if he was a bust or not. My main problem is he didn't finish off plays constantly. The Dallas game here a couple of years ago he missed a sack twice on Romo on the same play, which was completed and was the backbreaker play of that game.

Tical21

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3aipjgpt said:
Tical21":3aipjgpt said:
Djphinfan":3aipjgpt said:
Tical21":3aipjgpt said:
well, if you think he's a really good player who did you replace him with?
It doesn't matter because we don't require a lot from the position. Just know that whoever ends up winning the job will be really good. That is kind of what we do.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
I guess there is no reason to even have a discussion then, no disrespect but I can't take this comment serious..way to cocky without substance for my taste.

you say it doesn't really matter who the player is, lol, you'' dont require a lot from the position''?.... never heard of such a thing, a ridiculous notion at this level imo..''but It doesn't matter because whoever you put in there will be really good''...if you say so..

if it was kind of what you do you wouldn't of made the mistake of taking irvin with your top 15 pick 4 years ago.

a team has resources, we all have the same, we allocate differently, they all matter, when high 1st round picks dont pan out, the team takes a hit, you may not see it in what looks like blind optimism but damn, it would matter to me and I bet it matters to your GM.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sigh. The SAM in the 4-3 under doesn't have a ton of responsibility in the cover-3. Set the edge and cover the flat. We drafted best athlete available. We all have the same resources, we just use ours better than everybody else. We find and cultivate depth better than anyone, and coach to their strengths. Whoever we plug there will play really well and get rich from another team in a few years. Rinse and repeat. Feel better now?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1mor4eec said:
Smellyman":1mor4eec said:
Djphinfan":1mor4eec said:
Tical21":1mor4eec said:
Lets face it. The Dolphins don't have a RB that would make this team. They don't have a WR that would start for us. They don't have a TE that would make this team, and their QB is in the bottom 10% of the league.

Seriously, what is the over-under for Rawls? Would anybody here bet the under at 100? 125? Didn't think so. Thomas Rawls is a dog. He doesn't care what you have to say.

If you had to go out with the wife and miss one game, this is probably the one.

What is the over-under on points put up by the Dolpins offense? 1.5?

Not sure if that was a mod edit or typo. Feel free to put it back if necessary.

there is no'one in their right mind that world take Baldwin and Kearse over Parker and Landry.

Rawls don't care what I have to say?..nahhh..really..

Ill take the over you laid up if you wanna put money on it?, ill spot ya some points as well?

Almost everyone in their right mind would take Baldwin and Lockett over them.

Lockett far out performed Parker and Baldiwn was over Landry is a no brainer. Even NFL players top 100 agree with that.
I was the biggest tyler lockett fan in the country when he came out, had him as rookie of the year before he got drafted, and he hasn't disappointed..

But Parker is just a different kind of animal, big, fluid, incredible athleticism and hand eye coordination, hands like he was wearing stickum, he was a rook last year, and his last 6-7 games, after his foot surgery healed, is when it all clicked, led the league in yards per catch for that span, put up about 500 yards and 3 tds in that span.

He's a legit #1 type.

Jarvis Landry against Tyler Lockett..its close dont get me wrong..Landry has more receptions than any other receiver ever in his first two seasons..toughest lb for lb player in the game, top 5 hands in the game, and has a linebacker mentality..

its close but because of Parkers ceiling, I believe most Gms would go with Parker/Landry..

Landry and his 9.9 ypc average? 9 TDs over 2 seasons? Lockett had 6 last year, and he was Wilson's 3rd option most of the year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3o7z4ook said:
chris98251":3o7z4ook said:
Rawls reminds me of Curt Warner, physical with a nice burst and ability to make that crab lateral cut. He may be ready for the regular season to play, I don't expect him to be 100 percent for another 6 months or so after, he will get that ankle taped up a lot to support it I am thinking which may limit his cuts a bit. Takes about 6 to 8 months to rebuild strength in the ligaments and tendons once you tear and damage them with normal use. We will see, the good thing is he won't be asked to be the only one carrying the load so he will get breathers.

Ajayi, we seen him and ate him up if I remember correctly.
no sir, Ajayi was a rookie last year so you weren't able to taste him...heres a little taste though if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmEEYH9szs

he's 218 this year, which means he's light and quicker than normal....Kid can ball.

I got him mixed up with this guy, Joseph Addai. Who we ate up several times.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Tical21":3cgterfa said:
Sigh. The SAM in the 4-3 under doesn't have a ton of responsibility in the cover-3. Set the edge and cover the flat. We drafted best athlete available. We all have the same resources, we just use ours better than everybody else. We find and cultivate depth better than anyone, and coach to their strengths. Whoever we plug there will play really well and get rich from another team in a few years. Rinse and repeat. Feel better now?

lol..I guess this is what happens when you get lucky on a elite qb.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
landry is a beast...

Lockett is great as well..very even in terms of value.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1uocthat said:
Tical21":1uocthat said:

lol..I guess this is what happens when you get lucky on a elite qb.
So tired of that statement. Of course there is luck involved. Do you post the same thing on GB, NE, PIT, AZ, NO, DEN and CAR boards?

Carroll and Schneider inherited a shitty roster and turned it into a power house that consists of a TON of undrafted players. Some late round gems of course but their talent evaluation and player development are phenominal.

Give it a rest. Week one, win or lose, won't define either of these teams. Don't take it so personally that nobody is lining up to pat your team on the back for roster changes that you are excited about.

Latest posts