Seahawks will win the NFC West

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Popeyejones":20ynawcq said:
Uncle Si":20ynawcq said:
you said the Hawks werent that impressive on the road. Curry indicated that 9-4 (8-4 if you want) over the last two years is pretty impressive.

TBF Curry isn't picking "over two years" randomly. He's picking it because it's the only way he can make his argument:

*This year on the road they're 2-2 (+3 points total, against teams that are a combined 14-21-1).
*Over three years on the road they're 11-10.

Basically, unless you cut exactly where Curry wants to, they're not that impressive on the road.

Cool, I will take just this year then since you require absolute recent history. .500 on the road is still a great statistic, especially if you can go 8-0, or 7-1 at home. In that regard, Seattle is still not a bad road team, or unimpressive. And to your 14-21-1 statistic...without the Seattle losses, those teams are just below .500 combined.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1jty8h4m said:
Great game Cardinals....definitely capitalized on the Rams mistakes.

But this type of success cannot be sustained. I said it before the game - just not afraid of the Cardinals. The Rams beat themselves Sunday:

STUPID illegal block by Kendricks on Jared Cook's 2nd big catch. And it was a penalty IMO. If he doesn't do that, we likely punch that ball in, and go up 21-10 in the 4th quarter. Game over.

Then there was Britt's drop that resulted in PP's pick 6....game was over at that point. Catch the damn ball dude.

Either way, Cards made fewer mistakes and thus, deserved to win, but I don't see them winning in STL, SEA, or SF. Better beat Seattle at home because aside from that, you still have to play Detroit and KC. Even playing at ATL can be tough.

It's not likely, but I can see the Cardinals losing the rest of their games.

Seahawks - 11-5

Niners - 10-6

Cards - 9-7

Rams - 6-10

Thanks for the confidence. I hope it turns out like you said. Kenny "hands of stone" Britt. Dropping passes is Britt's speciality. He's a big target but so is a wall and the chances a ball sticks are about the same for both of them. Britt is also great at causing trouble off the field.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ringless":mzwaxll8 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":mzwaxll8 said:
ringless":mzwaxll8 said:
Seattle has not really been an impressive road team.

Might not impress you, but the Seahawks are 8-4 on the road since last season. 9-4 if you want to count the SuperBowl.

Well I dont want to count the Super bowl or playoffs because those don't count when adding the figures up.
But I'd like to counter that with, the Cardinals have only lost one home game in the last 383 days.... And are 9-1 in their last 10 at home. With their last home loss being to SF in week 17 by 3 points just hours after finding out they were eliminated from the playoffs. And are the most winningest team in the NFL not just this season, but dating back to last year as well at 15-3 in their last 18 regular season games. Those are very strong numbers...... In addition it is Arizona, not Seattle, or KC that may have the strongest home field advantage as of late when it comes to false starts caused by fans, followed by Detroit, and then Seattle.

What I am saying is, I feel we will win our home game. We much like you have a great coaching staff. However I feel at home, we will win, and when you are at home you will win. I think a split is a very reasonable guess. If you look at our home performances, statistics, etc, one would think we'd be favored in that situation and vice versa.... No?

Wilson is a great QB, but I think our strengths and weaknesses match up well with yours. If we can stop Lynch, which we can and have in recent history (including Gore, Murray, Tre Mason etc) then we would force you to pass. Wilson doesnt really go deep, the passing game of Seattle is not that strong. Again, at home I think it really benefits us.... And again, I will say we concede the game on the road

Seahawks beat the Cards the last time they played each other in Glendale. Remember 34-22 and it wasn't even as close as the score dictates. Cards got lucky in Seattle and won a game they had no business winning. They committed 4 turnovers but managed to play well enough to win...props to Cards for that. Either team can beat the other no matter where the game is played. Stanton is the wildcard but by the time the Seahawks face the Cards, they will have enough film on him to prepare defensively for him. Cards boast the 32nd passing defense in the league. Bridges better get his secondary to improve or the Seahawk pedestrian WRs will make the Cards secondary look high school (which is probably the size of Tyrann Mathieu and maturity level too)

pehawk

Reaction score
I wish we had real Cards fans on here, like DesertDawg. He was the best.

I hate when people say what I'm about to say, but, I think this KC game will determine the rest of Seattle's season. That's a team that, while good, does NOT matchup well with the Hawks. KC is a quality team Seattle should beat, regardless of venue, but is yet to in 2014. If they win, they're legit in the NFC. If they lose? Well, theyre still 50/50 for the playoffs...but they aint winning on the road this year.

I think this team is similar to the 2012 team, but for different reasons. This team will peak late due to injuries...that team due to youth.

XOXO

Georgia Frontiere

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
pehawk":3n438pju said:
I wish we had real Cards fans on here, like DesertDawg. He was the best.

I hate when people say what I'm about to say, but, I think this KC game will determine the rest of Seattle's season. That's a team that, while good, does NOT matchup well with the Hawks. KC is a quality team Seattle should beat, regardless of venue, but is yet to in 2014. If they win, they're legit in the NFC. If they lose? Well, theyre still 50/50 for the playoffs...but they aint winning on the road this year.

I think this team is similar to the 2012 team, but for different reasons. This team will peak late due to injuries...that team due to youth.

XOXO

Georgia Frontiere

The Chiefs actually match up pretty well with the Seahawks at the moment. The Chiefs have a stout run defense and are susceptible against the pass but have a deadly pass rush. The Seahawks absolutely need to establish a solid run game and maybe a screen game to slow down the Kansas City defensive line.

Some chip block swing passes to Lynch will catch them off guard, I believe. I also think that the Chiefs will be violated by Russell Wilson in the read option as well. I do not believe that is something that they have seen a lot of to this date.

XOXO

Christian Okoye

raisethe3

Reaction score
Did I just read someone say stopping Marshawn Lynch? Especially the Cardinals? I can't wait to see this happen again:

200btcm

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
raisethe3":1756ssvm said:
Did I just read someone say stopping Marshawn Lynch? Especially the Cardinals? I can't wait to see this happen again:

200btcm

Then you will have to wait until next season if Lynch and Dockett are still with their respective teams since Dockett is gone for the season.

NINEster

Reaction score
I think the loss of Palmer might take the Cardinals down a notch in terms of pulling upsets (winning a division game on the road, particularly against SEA or SF, maybe one of these harder road games) or maybe a big playoff game, but won't cause them to immediately suck and tank their season. I doubt they would have finished with a dominant record either way, Palmer or no Palmer -- KC at home is no gimme.

At the same time, Palmer went down while they had a 14-10 lead and they still managed to blow the Rams out. You can't count out that type of team play. They will be a tough out for every team left on the schedule I'm sure.

I don't see Seattle sweeping any division opponent. In a year where they are playing subpar offense and defense to their 2012 and 2013 standard, it seems unlikely they would outperform their division records from those years. They still haven't swept AZ or SF in many years. Doubt that trends changes this year.

I expect SF to beat AZ week 17 with or without Palmer. The Rams broke the 16 home game NFC West win streak for SF, but I can't see another team doing it this year. We have traditionally done very well against AZ and hadn't been swept outright by them since Kurt Warner led them to the SB.

Until the 49ers/Seahawks game in Seattle, most would say the 49ers have the favorable schedule (@NYG, WAS, SEA, @OAK, @SEA, SD, AZ vs. @KC, AZ, @SF, @PHI, SF, @AZ, STL). After that, it's a toss up. I think the team with the better record heading into that rematch game in Centurylink will place higher in the division.

As for the Cardinals, they still should be the favorite to win the division because they won't have to win many games to do it, unless they top out at 10 games and the others finish with 11. I haven't looked at tie breakers yet if they could win it with the same record as SF or SEA.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26fokuzx said:
Uncle Si":26fokuzx said:
you said the Hawks werent that impressive on the road. Curry indicated that 9-4 (8-4 if you want) over the last two years is pretty impressive.

TBF Curry isn't picking "over two years" randomly. He's picking it because it's the only way he can make his argument:

*This year on the road they're 2-2 (+3 points total, against teams that are a combined 14-21-1).
*Over three years on the road they're 11-10.

Basically, unless you cut exactly where Curry wants to, they're not that impressive on the road.

CurryStopstheRuns":26fokuzx said:
Cool, I will take just this year then since you require absolute recent history.

I don't require absolute recent history. It's why I said that if you go in either direction (this year or three years) you can't make your argument. My point was that your selection of two years was non-random; you need to subjectively pick your cut points to eliminate the data you don't want.

.500 on the road is still a great statistic, especially if you can go 8-0, or 7-1 at home. In that regard, Seattle is still not a bad road team, or unimpressive.

Home record has no bearing on if the Hawks' road record is impressive or not. I understand why it matters to a fan, but it has no bearing on the impressiveness of a team's record on the road.

Likewise, you're switching from saying that going .500 on the road is "impressive" to arguing that it's not "unimpressive." There's a difference. For my money .500 is mediocre; it's DEFINITELY not impressive as you originally argued.

And to your 14-21-1 statistic...without the Seattle losses, those teams are just below .500 combined.

More fun with numbers.

1. .420 is not "almost" .500. It's "almost" .400.

2. To get to "almost" .500 you're eliminating their opponents LOSSES against the Seahawks but keeping in their opponents' WINS against the Seahawks. WTF. :lol:

Doing what you want and removing the Seahawks from their road opponents' records this year drops their collective win percentage from from .400 to .380.

Simply put, if you want to eliminate games against the Hawks when looking at their road opponents' records I'm fine with that, but goosing it by just taking out the losses against the Hawks and keeping in the wins against the Hawks is all kinds of silly.