Seahawks Won't Repeat

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
If we don't repeat, I blame Bush. If we do repeat, I blame Bush for Chudiha's Seahawks predictions being wrong again.

It's just that simple.

OP
OP
O

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":39lzvn3d said:
If we don't repeat, I blame Bush. If we do repeat, I blame Bush for Chudiha's Seahawks predictions being wrong again.

It's just that simple.
Hurricane Katrina happens, Bush hates black people.

Hurricane Sandy happens, Obama hates white people.... oh wait the media didn't say that. What a double standard.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2mrrm2tg said:
Snakeeyes007":2mrrm2tg said:

It's just that simple.
Hurricane Katrina happens, Bush hates black people.

Hurricane Sandy happens, Obama hates white people.... oh wait the media didn't say that. What a double standard.
Look, that was funny, but PLEEEEEEASE keep the political jabs out of the main forum.

plyka

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2ed598x1 said:
No need to watch next season, ESPN already has it covered. I'm sure though if the 49ers had won it all they would be all over them repeating.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10664 ... ng-dynasty

I think Seahawks fans need to accept certain realities. The NFL network has come around --they generally like the Hawks and give them appropriate praise. The guys at ESPN despise the Seahawks. Perhaps despise isn't the appropriate word --they think the Seahawks should sit in their place and not try to compete with the real NFL teams. Hated by one, respected by the other. Much better than last year when you had indifference by both.

plyka

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":7dqwyxow said:
Nothing Chudiha said is incorrect.

We did lose some key free agents and depth, so if we have a hard time replacing those guys we will struggle to repeat. But I know, I know.............we must remain true to our righteous indignation at anyone that criticizes our beloved Hawks!

Yes and some of us need to remain true to their righteous indignation at anyone that dare criticize talking heads who criticize the Seahawks. The irony of it all.

themunn

Reaction score
Not sure about the Green Bay comparison given they snuck into the playoffs as a 10-6 underdog and won it all, we dominated through the season and continued through the playoffs

Yeah, the Packers then went 15-1 in 2011, but crumbled under the weight of expectation (oh, and finally playing a strong contender with a defense, it is no coincidence their only loss in the regular season came against the chiefs) in the playoffs.

Seattle were no underdogs at any point and managed to cope and win.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
themunn":3gaz2d6k said:
it is no coincidence their only loss in the regular season came against the chiefs) in the playoffs.

Help me understand this better...

Edit: My own inability to see pucntuation... wow!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
GB really is a horrible comparison. one poster asks - why is everyone butthurt over the article? Because it's a lazy effort. 1st comparing GB to Seattle is laughable. GB defense was a flash in the pan. it was a consistent force. Seattle's a much more balanced team. 2nd as someone mentioned, this article presumes to be about repeating. Oonly it loses focus and then starts trying to analyze deeper into the future with 2015 players and beyond. repeating will certainly be tough, the writer isn't breaking new ground with that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
There are so many factors that can prevent the Hawks from repeating. I'm not upset if someone says the Hawks aren't going to repeat, if anything that's a pretty safe bet. Are the Seahawks capable of repeating? absolutely, but yeah I'm not going to get bent out of shape if someone says they won't. What I am excited about though is the possibility the Hawks could win multiple championships in a 5-10 year span, and that to me would still be a Dynasty in today's salary cap era.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The article really wasn't that negative. Overall, it was reasonably well written, especially for a national media idiot.
Most of us at .NET realize the weakness of his arguments about free agent departures--Pete and John already have pretty good plug-in replacements available for many of the departures.
The valid points he makes, about the costly contracts coming up for Wilson, Sherman, ET, and possibly Okung, simply don't support his thesis--these are not problems THIS year, they are problems AFTER that.
His thesis was that this year the Seahawks wouldn't repeat. However, he had to pull in data from the 2015-16 season to try to strengthen his weak arguments.

Hey, he's national media. They're paid to be attention-whore ignorant idiot trolls.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
plyka":pv80j9u2 said:
Sgt. Largent":pv80j9u2 said:
Nothing Chudiha said is incorrect.

We did lose some key free agents and depth, so if we have a hard time replacing those guys we will struggle to repeat. But I know, I know.............we must remain true to our righteous indignation at anyone that criticizes our beloved Hawks!

Yes and some of us need to remain true to their righteous indignation at anyone that dare criticize talking heads who criticize the Seahawks. The irony of it all.

At least those of us in the latter are grounded in unbiased reality.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There is a good chance they won't repeat. It is a very difficult thing to do these days, but the Hawks are the only ones with a chance right now.

The Hawks do have just as good of, if not better chance to make it back though. They are so young, many of the players have not yet reached the pinnacle of their playing abilities.

But making that statement isn't a reach for anyone. Who knows what the season brings? The guy certainly doesn't have a solid argument as to why they won't repeat.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nice point, there is exactly "1" team with a chance to repeat this year.
And yes, he was reaching so hard for supporting arguments, he reached all the way into 2015 contracts, i.e., AFTER the 2014 Seahawks would have already repeated.